New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I hope I can get advice concerning the power steering problem of my 96 Pajero Intrcooler, I guess you call it 2nd Gen? I bought it sa auction kasi, any suggestions?

Anyway, Problem is when driving medyo malambot yun power steering, pero when you park it especially parallel parking. Matigas masyado yun steering to the right. And parang wala nang power steering at all. Sobra tigas. Pro while driving no problemo naman. Compared to other pajeros my friends have mas mabigat yun sa akin.

Mechanics tell me na malapad daw yun gulong at 265/15. And they advise tooverhaul power steering.

Another told me to change the pump of the power steering.

Another told me to change the power steering gearbox para di na raw converted.

Any comments and advice?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot,

For sure hindi dahil sa gulong iyan. My classmate's GEN II wears larger 32X12.5R15 Dunlop Grandtrek M/T's pero walang problema sa steering.

Kapag turning right lang siya mabigat?

Calling PSG (power steering god afrasay! Yohoo!) :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    OTEP,

When parking mas mabigat ng konti ang right compared to left.

Sa sobra bigat niya halos di kaya. Pero kung normal drive malambot naman pero compared to other 2nd gen's mas mabigat sya.

Thanks for the info concerning the Tires, at least one down...

Any advice on how to solve problem? Iba iba kasi yun opinion ng mga mechanics eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bleed. Then if problem still exist, check the conversion. Baka may sabit yan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Any suggestions on how to check the convertion.

Dinala ko na siya sa servitek, zafra, etc.

Pero wala naman sila sinabi. From the looks of it, di pa yata nila alam na converted pala.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot,

First and foremost avoid Zafra. Daming bad experiences ng mga tao dito regarding them and their various branches.

As per instruction of our power steering god afrasay, have it bled by a competent shop. Baka nga naman may hangin lang sa loob ng system mo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    OTEP/AFRASAY,

Thanks, try ko this weekend. Inform you the progress.

Tama kanga regarding zafra. 3 Branches tinanungan ko, all 3 differennt diagnosis and different opions. Labo nga sobra.

Do you have any suggestions saan shop expert sa mga power steering? Help:lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot::: Did you happen to check on the power steering hose kung may leak? Do you always refill the power steering oil? You might also want to check baka po tukod na yung steering limit? (usually hex bolt po ito pwedeng i-adjust) :idea:

As to what sir afrasay pointed, baka nga may kabag yung mechanism.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot,

Yung cousin ni PSG afrasay mechanic ata. Baka matulungan ka niya. Sugurin mo na lang sa office si afrasay tapos ipagawa mo sa kanya. :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pwede bang ma adjust yung bigat at gaan ng power steering?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Power Steering Problem