New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pinokpok lang nila ng martilyo para tumigas ulit pero wala na yan.

Kaya nga I have learned my lesson Sa mga ganyan. If magpagawa ulit ako never ko muna papa baklas sa kanila before meron parts na available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, well it was a gamble of 1.1k and I lost. May itatagal kaya ito kahit 1 year man lang or 7k kms?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Reviving thread... Nare repair ba ang tie rod ends and ball joints talaga? I had my suspension arms rebushing-ed and they said that these parts are already loose and they said they can have it repaired so I agreed kasi no choice at hindi available sa elsewhere ang parts at sayang nakabaklas na rin kasi. Charge was 1100 for 2 ball joints and 2 tie rod ends. Ambilis lang ni-repair, dinala daw nila sa machine shop. Anyway, true ba yun o nadale lang ako? Tumigas naman ung parts, kasi sabi nila hindi daw yun kaya i-wiggle ng kamay lang.
    Pwede palitan ung mga rubber parts/bushings lang(usually ginagawa ng mga nagtitipid or wala makuhanan na parts), pero yung reliability is depende sa quality ng pinalit na rubbers at gumawa.

Usually hindi tumatagal, pero baka iba experience mo. Wait and see hot it turns out.
    Last edited by xninjax; February 10th, 2024 at 09:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Reviving thread... Nare repair ba ang tie rod ends and ball joints talaga? I had my suspension arms rebushing-ed and they said that these parts are already loose and they said they can have it repaired so I agreed kasi no choice at hindi available sa elsewhere ang parts at sayang nakabaklas na rin kasi. Charge was 1100 for 2 ball joints and 2 tie rod ends. Ambilis lang ni-repair, dinala daw nila sa machine shop. Anyway, true ba yun o nadale lang ako? Tumigas naman ung parts, kasi sabi nila hindi daw yun kaya i-wiggle ng kamay lang.
    yep. pukpok.
    and it's a hit-or-miss thing.
    in my cousin's loose ball joints case, they missed.
    "ang tigas!"

sabi nga nang iba, "pang bayan seller yang serbis na yan."

i have been an orphan car owner. yung wala nang piyezas na car, at any price.
    and when my ball joints were coming close to pulling apart, i tried the local ball joint rebuild shops. may pukpok, may injection of industrial-grade plastic, may re-manufacture via ingenious (in theory) machine shopping. some shops were even reluctant to explain what it is they were actually doing to the ball joint.
    but they all had one thing in common: "non-satisfactory. they don't last long, or they're too tight, or both."

all this was in the 80s, when online was almost non-existent.

my advice,
    "buy original". they may be considerably more expensive or may require more effort to find, but they will not give you headaches afterward."
    555 is also good. i have good experience with it.
    and yes, make sure the replacement parts are there, before they baklas it.

but i am curious, po.
    might i inquire,
    what is this car, whose spare parts seem to be difficult to source locally?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 10th, 2024 at 09:37 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i go to Cruven near Crame for suspension work.

last week they fixed an intermittent noise i could not pinpoint. sa humps or lubak wala pero sa slght gradients sa patag lalabas yung noise for a short while

gusto ko the way they troubleshoot, hahanapin talaga with multiple adjustments and road tests, hindi lang sila tiga palit ng parts.

they can repair/rebuild some components pero i haven't tried them yet. not sure sa longevity ng ganun. may nirefer akong friend and kahit high end car di sila taga maningil. wala akong connection sa shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
kalampag