New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks! Did not realize that. :2thumbsup:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    just curious to know more. my cars' stock tires are 205/65/15. isuzu xto car ko. i changed tire recently. dahil sa mahal ang new tires, i opted to buy japan surplus tires, 215/65/15 at PhP 900/tire. napansin ko, medyo bumagal ng kunti. reading this thread however, worries me. i learned that there are ratings for hot and cold countries. yong nabili at naikabit ko, yokohama ice navi studless. gamit sa snow, for sure. malaking problema ba ito?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    the neovas are nice to use on the track.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    gaMIT ko Bridgestone Potenza G009 215/60 R16, tahimik at maganda grip both dry and wet. Kuha ko 4.5K.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    just curious to know more. my cars' stock tires are 205/65/15. isuzu xto car ko. i changed tire recently. dahil sa mahal ang new tires, i opted to buy japan surplus tires, 215/65/15 at PhP 900/tire. napansin ko, medyo bumagal ng kunti. reading this thread however, worries me. i learned that there are ratings for hot and cold countries. yong nabili at naikabit ko, yokohama ice navi studless. gamit sa snow, for sure. malaking problema ba ito?
    Ice/snow tires aren't meant to be used in the dry. In hot weather, they experience too much friction (which is why it feels slow), and they will wear down quickly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    para po sa mga tire experts,

do you have snapshot info about michelin energy mxv4 215/55/17 93v rating? yun kasi stock tires on my daily ride. pansin ko kasi minsan while it was raining and i was turning left at an intersection, coming from a stop light, the rear end kinda slipped. though the road was less than perfect (i.e. a bit rippled) but the car's got esc (i.e. that should help, di ba?).

could it be more of the road being rippled plus it was raining (i.e. road tar & oil could have created a film as it surfaced?) and i was making a turn or because of the stock tires?

thanks in advance for the inputs.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've always felt the "Energy" tires to be slippery. It's because they're fuel-conserving tires with low rolling resistance.

But you're right... it's mostly because it was raining, slick and you were making a turn. Pero take it easy, anyway, just in case.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    opppsss kikiraan lang po...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've always felt the "Energy" tires to be slippery. It's because they're fuel-conserving tires with low rolling resistance.

But you're right... it's mostly because it was raining, slick and you were making a turn. Pero take it easy, anyway, just in case.
    though i just came from a stop & barely making 20mph at the turn, i've suspected the energy series to be that way lalo na kapag umulan dito... dahil bihira lang mangyari ay tila lumulutang ung dumi sa kalsada making it more slippery..

am now taking extra precaution & told my wife that regardless of safety ABC's present in a vehicle (i.e. ABS, ESC, EBD, TCS, etc), they will only work if there is contact between the tire & the road.

tnx niky, appreciate it..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any recos for the best, CHEAPEST tires for a safari? pede na ba ung mga indonesian brands? TIA!

The Best Brand of Tires