New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Okay po ba yung Koyo brand ng wheel bearings as replacement sa Toyota OEM?

May umuugong na po kasi sa likod kapag mabilis yung takbo. I was also informed na talamak yung counterfeit wheel bearings sa market. Is there anyway to determine genuine from counterfeit Koyo wheel bearings?

Naginquire sa isang online seller na Koyo brand, he priced it at around php1100 for the front and Php3850 for the rear since it's a wheel hub bearing with ABS sensor so I suppose ito nagpamahal sa kanya aside sa hindi siya pede irepack. This is for 2nd gen vios.

Reasonable na po ba yung naging pricing? If ever may alam kayo reputable store na nabibilhan at naginstall?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Yes Koyo is a good replacement...

Average lang yung price nya... can't remember yung sa harap but yung bearing sa likod talaga for sedans starts at 3,200 depends sa brand and kung saan mo binili.

antay na lang tayo ng ibang suggestions sa fellow tsikoteers regarding sa ibang tanong mo

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Okay po ba yung Koyo brand ng wheel bearings as replacement sa Toyota OEM?

May umuugong na po kasi sa likod kapag mabilis yung takbo. I was also informed na talamak yung counterfeit wheel bearings sa market. Is there anyway to determine genuine from counterfeit Koyo wheel bearings?

Naginquire sa isang online seller na Koyo brand, he priced it at around php1100 for the front and Php3850 for the rear since it's a wheel hub bearing with ABS sensor so I suppose ito nagpamahal sa kanya aside sa hindi siya pede irepack. This is for 2nd gen vios.

Reasonable na po ba yung naging pricing? If ever may alam kayo reputable store na nabibilhan at naginstall?

the front wheel bearing/hub assembly are replaced as a set and are not supposed to be repacked. the bearings usually have a lifespan of 100,000 km. again, usually, depending on the condition of the road where it is always driven. the rear bearings however, are two separate tapered roller bearings, one on the inboard side is larger than the outboard side (for toyota) these can be cleaned, repacked and reinstalled if after thorough inspection is not brinnelled, not galled, not overheated, not damaged or worn out. in most cases, it is torqued to about 100 foot pounds of torque, backed off and retightened with a pair of slip joint pliers to snug it. it should not be too tight since it gets warm or hot during use and will expand causing it to bind. if the bearings are too tight and the rolling resistance is increased, the fuel economy also suffers. there is a bearing store in evangelista street that carries a wide range of sizes and applications of bearings- the manila bearing center

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Koyo is actually an OEM manufacturer as well. We bought Koyo rear wheel bearing for our Gen2 Vios w/ ABS also (from Toyorama in Banawe) and it's very good when i checked out the part. Can't remember the price anymore though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sipatin mong mabuti may mga lumabas na parang recondition bearing..
    ung pinaka KOPA niya ung nasa gitna,parang hindi bago..ung pinaka hausing lang niya ung makinang ,,

naka bili ako nung una ayos.nung bumili ako ulit para sa kaliwa naman mas nauna pang umugong ung nabili kong parang recondition.
    kaya silipin mong mabuti dapat wala kang makikitang gasgas na liit na parang sinalang sa machine shop dapat makintab loob at labas..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kuha ka lang kay toyorama.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    the front wheel bearing/hub assembly are replaced as a set and are not supposed to be repacked. the bearings usually have a lifespan of 100,000 km. again, usually, depending on the condition of the road where it is always driven. the rear bearings however, are two separate tapered roller bearings, one on the inboard side is larger than the outboard side (for toyota) these can be cleaned, repacked and reinstalled if after thorough inspection is not brinnelled, not galled, not overheated, not damaged or worn out. in most cases, it is torqued to about 100 foot pounds of torque, backed off and retightened with a pair of slip joint pliers to snug it. it should not be too tight since it gets warm or hot during use and will expand causing it to bind. if the bearings are too tight and the rolling resistance is increased, the fuel economy also suffers. there is a bearing store in evangelista street that carries a wide range of sizes and applications of bearings- the manila bearing center
    Thank you for this one, very informative sir. So does this mean that my current wheel bearings should not be necessarily replaced for now and should be inspected first at a reputable shop?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    sipatin mong mabuti may mga lumabas na parang recondition bearing..
    ung pinaka KOPA niya ung nasa gitna,parang hindi bago..ung pinaka hausing lang niya ung makinang ,,

naka bili ako nung una ayos.nung bumili ako ulit para sa kaliwa naman mas nauna pang umugong ung nabili kong parang recondition.
    kaya silipin mong mabuti dapat wala kang makikitang gasgas na liit na parang sinalang sa machine shop dapat makintab loob at labas..
    I see, medyo mahirap pala kapag wala ka talagang alam sa pagbili ng bearings. Sige sir, will take note of this one. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    The best wheel bearings that I used is timken... You can buy it at any bearing centers... Compare to NGK or any Japanese made bearings its 3-4 times more durable...

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    The best wheel bearings that I used is timken... You can buy it at any bearing centers... Compare to NGK or any Japanese made bearings its 3-4 times more durable...
    Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I have not heard a NGK bearing?
    As far as I know Japanese made bearings are NSK, NTN, Nachi, Koyo...etc. Saan po ba gawa ang timken?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast