New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 76 of 151 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1510
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    957
    #751
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
    Happy Holy Week mge fellow tsikoteers! Ask ko lang sana kng compatible ba sa '09 picanto yung yokohama a-drive 175/65 r14. My current tires kasi are 165/65 r14. Ang hirap kasi maghanap ng exact match sa stock tire size ng picanto. Thanks in advance for all your help with this!
    Sang-ayon sa tire calculator, going with the 175/65 you'll be off by 2.23%, which is still within the 3% max na recommended. If you want to maintain speedometer/odometer accuracy, try looking kung meron 175/60 at which you're just off by 0.8%. Not sure how widely available 185/55/R14, but eto around 2% off ka lang din.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    #752
    Thanks fellow tsikoteers sa advice!

    *gearhead000: sir, if i go with the 175/60, will it have an effect for my current rims? Thanks!

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    754
    #753
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
    Happy Holy Week mge fellow tsikoteers! Ask ko lang sana kng compatible ba sa '09 picanto yung yokohama a-drive 175/65 r14. My current tires kasi are 165/65 r14. Ang hirap kasi maghanap ng exact match sa stock tire size ng picanto. Thanks in advance for all your help with this!

    Also, anyone has tried buying tires ffrom s&r? How's their service? Medyo attractive din kasi yung lifetime service nila for tires bought from them. So lahat ng vulcanizing for the tires are free.
    Been there two weeks ago, nagpalit ako ng tires sa kanila (dunlop LM703), okei ang service, hindi bara-bara, may nakasabay nga ako pumunta dun para magpa-tire rotation lang, basta nasayo reciept, seservican nila, pati yung pag wheel balance nila, okei din. Definitely babalik ako dun pag magpapalit ako ulit gulong, medyo pricey nga lang ATA sila ng konti pag kinompare mo sa labas.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #754
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Sang-ayon sa tire calculator, going with the 175/65 you'll be off by 2.23%, which is still within the 3% max na recommended. If you want to maintain speedometer/odometer accuracy, try looking kung meron 175/60 at which you're just off by 0.8%. Not sure how widely available 185/55/R14, but eto around 2% off ka lang din.
    Cars are usually calibrated to run slower than actual speed so by all means, his speedo may be more accurate with the larger tires. On my Corolla Altis, i'm using 205/60R15 as against the stock 195/60R15 and per the GPS readout, my speedo is just about dead-even.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    736
    #755
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    guys, have you tried the brand "Deestone" made in Thailand? Ok naman ba? sabi kasi ng isang friend ko na nakagamit na non e, parang mas matibay pa daw yata kaysa goodyear. And yon Deestone ngayon ang mabenta dito sa province namin kasi mura and subok na daw nila na matibay.
    update ko lang kayo mga bros. about the brand deestone nakara. Feb. 1, 2011 ko pa pinakabit sa rear wheel ko, so far, no problems encountered pa naman. Di pa nabutasan o na-flat. Anyway, FWD naman ang car ko. It's worth 3,000 each dito sa province, baka mga 2,500 lang yan sa NCR. While the yokohama tires that I bought slighly used on Sept. 2009, in Kalikot sa Evangelista, Makati for 1,200 each are still ok although marami ng patches sa butas. Swerte2X lang talaga basta di lang mapurohan. I have a sad experience din sa yokohama tires ko na nabutasan sa gilid, 7 months pa lang at brand new kong nabili pero kailangan na daw palitan unless gusto kong ipa-convert sa may tube/interior.

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    39
    #756
    I'm thinking of changing to Michellin tires from Yokohama for my FD Civic. Any idea sa prices? Alam ko yung original tires ko Yokohama Adrive is P5K. Thanks.

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    26,770
    #757
    In terms of the tyre brand out there in the market, do you have a listing wherein we classify the particular tyre brand as premium quality, good quality, and poor quality.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,888
    #758
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    In terms of the tyre brand out there in the market, do you have a listing wherein we classify the particular tyre brand as premium quality, good quality, and poor quality.
    It may also be the particular MODEL, not just the BRAND per se.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #759
    ^ That's correct. Even well established brands can have bad models.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    172
    #760
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    In terms of the tyre brand out there in the market, do you have a listing wherein we classify the particular tyre brand as premium quality, good quality, and poor quality.
    this may be helpful, brands were grouped from premium to economy.

    Tyres by Brand | the online tyre guide

The Best Brand of Tires