New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I would rather they put the older 2.0 turbo on this 2019 model instead of the "newer" 2.5L the US gets.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In Motortrend's article on the new Forester, it was stated that sales was the primary reason why Subaru dropped the XT model in its lineup. Only 5% of Forester sales was for the XT model.

219 Subaru Forester First Look: Ready for the CR-V and RAV4 - Motor Trend

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In Motortrend's article on the new Forester, it was stated that sales was the primary reason why Subaru dropped the XT model in its lineup. Only 5% of Forester sales was for the XT model.

That's sad. The percentage of XTs in the PH market is definitely more than 5%.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's sad. The percentage of XTs in the PH market is definitely more than 5%.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I doubt the XT would take up 20% of the total number of Forester SJ platforms in the country.

However, in North America and Europe, their base Forester SJs are powered by a 2.5L NA engine (same as the Legacy) unlike here where we have the lower output FB20. That 2.5L NA engine is adequate enough to put the Forester's performance comparable to other CUVs with a 2.5L or 2.4L NA engine (same as the CX5 AWD, RAV4 AWD, CRV AWD).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Not really surprising considering the horrible traffic condition here. It's hard to justify shelling out an extra 300k (or 500k) for power you won't be using 99% of the time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    Not really surprising considering the horrible traffic condition here. It's hard to justify shelling out an extra 300k (or 500k) for power you won't be using 99% of the time.
    Maybe most people are already satisfied with the overall performance of the XV.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    If your daily route only covers city roads most of the time, I guess this will hold true but the report is a global one. ASEAN region is but a small portion of Subaru's global sales. The global Forester 2.5L NA is good enough to meet the needs of most buyers.

If you drive the expressways every day, the additional grunt of the FXT will make the boring chore of driving a bit more lively. I like my rides quick and fast so the FXT is one vehicle that kind of meets all the things I need for a family vehicle. Fuel consumption is not that far off compared to the Forester 2.0L NA or any other gas CUV anyway.

The same reason applies why some people would spend 300k+ more for the Civic RS when the Civic 1.8L can do almost everything the RS can do except reaching 200 kmh quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    Maybe most people are already satisfied with the overall performance of the XV.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
    The local Forester and XV share the same engine and for most the 2.0L NA engine is adequate. Some people are good enough driving their Adventures, Crosswinds, or Avanzas which have far less juice available on tap.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    I personally dislike how Subarus have changed their traditional automatic transmissions. Also the auto industriya says that there is a possibility that the turbo will still be offered? I thought Subaru has already decided not to offer turbo anymore? Or maybe just for the current generation

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    I personally dislike how Subarus have changed their traditional automatic transmissions. Also the auto industriya says that there is a possibility that the turbo will still be offered? I thought Subaru has already decided not to offer turbo anymore? Or maybe just for the current generation
    What don’t you like about the new CVT vs the old AT?

From what source did autoindustriya gather that info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    Have you tried driving Subie’s CVT compared to their old AT tranny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast