New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Let's face it. The last installments of the Need for Speed series have been quite bland. Underground 2 spent too much focus in ricing out cars. Most Wanted had too many pointless "milestones" involving frustrating and repetitive police chases. Carbon was just way too short. Besides, we already have too many illegal racing games, much like the oversaturation of WW2-themed shooters.

It's time for the NFS series to present a new face, to be infused with new ideas. I present to you:

NEED for SPEED: Boundary

Plot: You've crashed another one of dad's expensive sportscars in another illegal streetrace. Dad is very angry, and decides that you should get a life, instead of leeching off his precious hard work. He then proceeds to kick out of your family mansion and off the family estate. You're suddenly facing the real world, with nothing but your driving skills. What then, could be a better job than be a public transport driver!

Choose your destiny

Tricycles. Jeepneys. FX's. Taxis. Buses. Each class of vehicle presents different challenges. Ply your vehicle around the streets of Metro Manila, in competition with other drivers like you, as you try to earn your boundary (quota) and extra for yourself. But it won't be easy. You have to one-up and race your competitors by picking up fares before they can, or its lost income for you! There are other barriers to your income too. Bribes for traffic cops. Penalties for hitting pedestrians and other vehicles. Be careful in picking up your fares, for there are robbers among them!

Climb the public transport ladder

As you progress, you start making a name for yourself in the industry. Your boss may give you a higher piece of the pie for a good performance. It's not easy though. You must shake off the effects of fluctuating fuel prices, with various strategies such as joining a union, blocking traffic in protest and lobbying to Congress for higher fare prices!

You might even earn enough money to buy yourself your own vehicles. This is highly advantageous to you, because you get to keep the income all to yourself! However, you can buy a second vehicle, and hire drivers who would drive your extra vehicles for you!

Manage your own fleet

Now you're making progress! Pick your own vehicles, your own livery. Set your own boundaries for your drivers to meet.

Pick your drivers carefully. There is no free lunch, the good and loyal drivers command higher prices. Remember also another thing - all those tactics you used on your bosses when you didn't operate your own fleet.

It's not that simple either. Each new vehicle you purchase will not immediately be available, unless you pay more bribes in order to get your papers processed faster. One must be able to set the balance.

Features
    -5 different forms of transport to rush around in!
    -New advances in technology now allows hundreds of vehicles and pedestrians to be present, for the most realistic rush hour experience!
    -Challenges include: Cops. Bribes. Side-street shortcuts. Robbers. Other drivers. Red tape. Pedestrians.
    -Over 50 routes!
    -Up to a dozen different models for each vehicle class, which directly affects important parameters, such as fuel consumption, passenger preference, and the all important speed and handling!

Go. Prove to Daddy you aren't a useless bum, by dominating the streets with vehicles carrying your company livery!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mas ok ata kung Grand Theft Auto: Manila

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good NFS plot...pero racing EDSA wouldn't be fun...kasi mabagal.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    mas ok ata kung Grand Theft Auto: Manila
    I was thinking more of NFS specifically because I'm quite frustrated with the inane repetitiveness of the recent installments. GTA: Manila would be quite interesting too though.

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    good NFS plot...pero racing EDSA wouldn't be fun...kasi mabagal.
    It is up to you as well kung gusto mo mag "Ilalim/Ibabaw". Bonus points for overtaking the MRT

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most driving games nowadays seem derivative: urban setting, customizing, running from cops.

I haven't bought anything newer than the original Underground, for both the pc and PS2. But, it's still works for me, esp with driving wheel and pedals.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    I was thinking more of NFS specifically because I'm quite frustrated with the inane repetitiveness of the recent installments. GTA: Manila would be quite interesting too though.
    Agree... Most Wanted and Carbon were kinda boring after Underground2.

In Underground2, I could just drive for hours doing nothing. Enjoying the canyon runs, engaging in random races. The two that followed that got boring pretty quickly.

It is up to you as well kung gusto mo mag "Ilalim/Ibabaw". Bonus points for overtaking the MRT
    Hahaha... that would work quite well. Watching the MRT from my bus window used to be the bane of my existence... before I got smart enough to actually use the MRT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pede yan! :thumbup: at the highest level, kukunin kang driver ng PSG :bwahaha:

on a serious note, they just announced the latest NFS game. apparently it's moving away from its 'underground' roots and doing a game based on legal races like circuits, drag strip racing and drift events

Suggestion to EA for a new Need for Speed game