New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you be buying the new APPLE iPAD 3 ??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 24.24%
  • No

23 69.70%
  • Undecided

1 3.03%
  • Waiting for my Christmas gift to arrive early this year.

1 3.03%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'm still wwaiting for iPad 4.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "popcorn" aka OB is exactly the kind of people who gives DLSR photographers a bad rep... pauso-uso peeps who simply use their DLSR cameras as fashion accessories.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those saying your camera-phone is as good as a DLSR, can your phone take a picture equal or better than this? Yes or No.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    IMO. A cam phone won't be able to replace a dedicated camera like a DSLR. Kaya nga may camera at may phone, kanya kanyang forte. If you put both in one device, expect one of the functionalities to suffer.

Buti na lang di na ko bumili ng DSLR. Kuntento na ako sa P&S Sony digicam ko. And besides di ko naman kakareerin ang photography. If ever I want to shoot a good photo, may sapat naman nang abilities yung Sony cam ko although syempre mas quality talaga ang photos ng SLR.

OT na.
    Last edited by Chikselog; May 21st, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    The Mirrorless Shootout

Conclusion

So let's get some questions asked and answered:

Are these cameras better in image quality than the high-end compacts? Yes.

Are these cameras as good as a low-end DSLR in image quality? Yes, with some minor quibbles with the m4/3 models, which are lagging slightly in dynamic range.

Could you abandon your DSLR for one of these? Maybe. There are things you give up and things you gain. But if you're asking in terms of image quality and lens quality, then the answer is a little split, but probably yes. The m4/3 cameras are challenged above ISO 800, the NX and NEX systems are challenged by lack of lenses right now.

Is autofocus performance good DSLR-like? No. None of these cameras are great at continuous autofocus tracking, though they're at least as good as any compact camera, if not better. Some of it will depend upon lens. I found most of them are faster with the simpler primes, and some lenses to be faster at focusing than others. I think we're one generation away from getting really good (but still not phase detect level) focusing.

Can I use my current lenses on them? Yes, but on the m4/3 bodies you probably won't want to unless they're 4/3 lenses (due to the 2x crop factor), and on all of them you won't want to unless you like manual focusing.
    Should you consider one instead of a compact? Yes, but note that you won't be shirt-pocketing any of these, even with their smallest pancake prime lens.

Are they worth the money? Probably. I picked up the E-PL1 during a big sale for US$399 (with lens!) from Best Buy (!), and at that price it's a bargain. I wouldn't pay more than a low-end DSLR for one, though, unless you absolutely can put a price on smaller size and weight.

Source: Panasonic GF-1, Olympus E-PL1, Samsung NX100, and Sony NEX-5 Camera Review by Thom Hogan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog
    IMO. A cam phone won't be able to replace a dedicated camera like a DSLR. Kaya nga may camera at may phone, kanya kanyang forte. If you put both in one device, expect one of the functionalities to suffer.

Buti na lang di na ko bumili ng DSLR. Kuntento na ako sa P&S Sony digicam ko. And besides di ko naman kakareerin ang photography. If ever I want to shoot a good photo, may sapat naman nang abilities yung Sony cam ko although syempre mas quality talaga ang photos ng SLR.

OT na.
    Same here never really suck into the photography thing, Ang bigat eh saka Sa mga parties or get togethers sigurado 50% who will attend meron DSLR...pakuha ka na lang

Sa mga naka JB iPad na dl niyo na quassar? Ang galing parang laptop na talaga, you can open multiple windows simultaneously na...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I'm still wwaiting for iPad 4.
    There's a rumor of a smaller ipad coming out.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    There's a rumor of a smaller ipad coming out.
    I heard the same thing... smaller iPad, maybe 7 to 8 inch screen size.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8"+ daw...will they really follow Samsung? I thought apple is the trailblazer? Overwhelmed na siguro sila Sa Samsung dahil lahat ng sizess meron

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Go to 9to5mac.com for the latest rumors. Updated sila dun. Nandoon ang mga news na pinoproduce na yung mga components ng upcoming new iOS devices, kaya alam mong malapit nang i-release.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Will you be buying the new APPLE iPAD 3 ??