New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by judoman View Post
    to all pc gamers out there.. do you know any title similar to ace combat of the playstation console? with good graphics?
    Currently? Nothing that I know of. Crimson skies from way back, maybe. I played Ace Combat on the PS2. Definitely on the arcadish side. It's fun when the mood suits me. But overall, I still prefer the "closer to reality" flight physics and geographic accuracy of a flight/combat sim.

Take FSX..... My daughter gets a kick out of seeing Meteor Crater which we'll visit later this year...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Currently? Nothing that I know of. Crimson skies from way back, maybe. I played Ace Combat on the PS2. Definitely on the arcadish side. It's fun when the mood suits me. But overall, I still prefer the "closer to reality" flight physics and geographic accuracy of a flight/combat sim.

Take FSX..... My daughter gets a kick out of seeing Meteor Crater which we'll visit later this year...
    FSX is too cool that it scares me. I've seen this on youtube and I think you really need to have the knowledge of actually flying an aircraft to play it. Not to mention the system requirements of it. I don't think my pc can handle it. I think you must have a water cooling and SLI to run it smoothly.

Mine is just for racing. and my ide harddisk is slow.
    2.4 E660
    2gig XMS2 DHX
    seagate 200g
    8800gt
    ecs 9965t-a

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    FSX is too cool that it scares me. I've seen this on youtube and I think you really need to have the knowledge of actually flying an aircraft to play it. Not to mention the system requirements of it. I don't think my pc can handle it. I think you must have a water cooling and SLI to run it smoothly.

Mine is just for racing. and my ide harddisk is slow.
    2.4 E660
    2gig XMS2 DHX
    seagate 200g
    8800gt
    ecs 9965t-a
    Your pc is way way better than mine. I still have my Athlon X2 4200+/2gb ram/ATI X800XL from 2005. I've been tempted to upgrade. But, I always found a reason to hold off. Yours should run FSX easily and all maxed out.

I'm not a pilot. But, I've been around aircraft all my life and count pilots among my friends here.

FSX isn't hard. There's varying levels of difficulty. So anyone can jump right in. I found Falcon 4.0 much harder:

from Falcon 4.0 Headquarters.

Kinda reminds me. One of my friends swiped my Falcon 4.0 cd. Grrr.

Add: Also, I know some real F-16 (and A-10) fighter jocks who still play with Falcon 4.0. Of course, they also have FSX or FS 2004.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 10th, 2008 at 06:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm downloading the FS demo now..this should cure my curiosity..hehe
    thanks for sharing sir.

Still got an hour before I board to my first flight.. I still got time to burn some rubber. ..playing codemaster's GRID

[SIZE="1"]correction on the previous post.
    2.4 E6600
    2gig XMS2 DHX
    seagate 200g
    8800gt
    ecs P965t-a[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    captain pekto, this is a lot harder than i thought!! i never managed to land the plane safely..even the training on the glider with the flour bombs, i couldn't it the target. waahh! mag-piloto ay hindi biro. my respect to you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    captain pekto, this is a lot harder than i thought!! i never managed to land the plane safely..even the training on the glider with the flour bombs, i couldn't it the target. waahh! mag-piloto ay hindi biro. my respect to you.
    You're doing fine. It took me a looong time before I was able to land

I've been playing MS Flight Simulator ever since it was Sublogic's Flight Simulator 1.0. I still manage to crash often specially when there's a crosswind component over the runway.

I need a good set of rudder pedals. My older CH pedals broke a while back.

I want a CH Pro:

Reminds me. X-Plane version 9 is also out. Got to get that one too.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir jun ano pong recomended system requirements for d latest flight sim? RAM and video card po ..

TIA

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    sir jun ano pong recomended system requirements for d latest flight sim? RAM and video card po ..

TIA
    Check out judoman's pc specs. I'm not a fan of ECS motherboards. But that's just my personal tastes, though. Everything else checks out.

An 8800GT currently has the best bang for the buck among video cards.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Incidentally, I bought X-Plane 9 yesterday although I haven't installed it yet. The game and default scenery takes up almost 12gb. Then, there's over 60gb of scenery compressed in five other dvd discs. Ouch.

X-Plane and MS Flight Simulator are the Macs and PC's of the flight sim world. Sure enough, there's already a lot of X-Plane 9 vs FSX views from fanbois out there..... boneheads.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    X-Plane Version 9 took up almost 12gb with the default install and that doesn't include scenery of Asia. I wanted to fly over Manila. That meant installing another 13gb of scenery. Also, X-Plane 9 is Mac OSX and Linux compatible which is probably the reason for all the fanboi junk. It doesn't help that Flight Simulator X was made by MS. OT I confirmed my friend did swipe my Falcon 4.0 (Allied Force) game. He was waving it (the box) at me as he left and said goodbye. I didn't even realize it. No wonder he had an evil grin......

What are the good PC games you've played?