New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    anu po latest flight simulator? may 2008 naba?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    anu po latest flight simulator? may 2008 naba?
    MS Flight Simulator X is the latest in the series. It is a hog of a game, though. Personally, I don't see too big of an advancement over Flight Simulator 2004: A Century Of Flight unless it's at Ultra High settings which require the latest and greatest pc hardware.

Of the WW2 flight sims...... I lost track. But Ubisoft's Pacific Fighters is still a favorite of mine unless MS makes a 4th Combat Flight Simulator. I still play CFS 2 and 3 as well as Ubisoft's IL-2 series.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also with the Catalyst 8.5 driver update...... Doom 3 is also playable, albeit at 640x480 windowed and at medium detail settings. Not ideal. But, it's an improvement from before which was choppy gameplay regardless of resolution. At that res, the cpu is a big factor. But, the latest Catalyst gave an improvement regardless.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 1st, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    MS Flight Simulator X is the latest in the series. It is a hog of a game, though. Personally, I don't see too big of an advancement over Flight Simulator 2004: A Century Of Flight unless it's at Ultra High settings which require the latest and greatest pc hardware.

Of the WW2 flight sims...... I lost track. But Ubisoft's Pacific Fighters is still a favorite of mine unless MS makes a 4th Combat Flight Simulator. I still play CFS 2 and 3 as well as Ubisoft's IL-2 series.

will it work sa inno3d g-force 6600 512 mb?

wings over europe flight simulator kasi gamit ko

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    will it work sa inno3d g-force 6600 512 mb?

wings over europe flight simulator kasi gamit ko
    I wouldn't recommend MS Flight Simulator X for your hardware. The video card in my pc is an X800XL (6800GT-class) and it can't handle FSX.

If you want a non-combat flight sim, I recommend MS Flight Simulator 2004: A Century Of flight or X-Plane. I just happened to have FSX because it's a gift.

It's interesting to note that the designer of the Wings series used to design the Jane's series for Electronic Arts. I still have Jane's USAF here. I noticed a lot of similarities between both games including system requirements.

But, I prefer WW2 dogfights over jet versus jet combat. The last modern-day flight sim I played was Falcon 4.0. That game still remains my favorite jet sim to this day especially after it was fully patched and with the add-ons.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 1st, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Let me put that last post on hold for a moment. Although FSX is a hog of a game, it's been rock-solid. It never occurred to me to check for a patch. I decided to check the MS web site and sure enough there's a Service Pack 1 that promised the following: * Provide a 20 to 50 percent performance increase * Optimize for multi-core CPUs and improve draw times for faster loading * Address multiplayer and backwards compatibility issues * Offer improved realism of key geographical locations, landmarks and airports . I'll see if it does any good and post an update. Oh. I can get decent framerates with a little tweak of the settings. But, it doesn't look much better than FS 2004: A Century of Flight. Hopefully, that service pack will do good.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well well well! It looks like Service Pack 1 for MS Flight Simulator X has worked some wonders.....

Before the patch, I can only manage 10-14 fps at 1024 x 768 resolution at medium/low detail levels, no traffic, and clear skies (normal for my location).

After the patch, I can go to 1280 x 960. Skies are still clear and there's still no traffic. But, I can rachet up the detail levels to near Ultra High and still get 14-20 fps. For a game where all I do is fly around, that's plenty enough. Obviously, the addition of dualcore cpu support must have helped a lot.

Freaking Microsuck........ They deserve an egg on the face for releasing FSX so unoptimized.

Now that's over with..... I'm grinning once more because I can postpone upgrading my X800XL for a little bit longer. Yee-hah! Rock n Roll!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm obviously on a roll with FSX.....

Manila certainly never looked better than in FSX........

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    maganda rin po yung GRID. dami types ng race.. may drift, touge, le mans, muscle, kaht banggaan meron. ganda rin graphics.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    to all pc gamers out there.. do you know any title similar to ace combat of the playstation console? with good graphics?

What are the good PC games you've played?