New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 337 of 678 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    BTW, nakita ko lang sa Lazada...

A Rolex for only Php48, 888

Sabi nga nila, if it's too good to be true...

Ok lang sana kung sinabi nilang Bolex or Rollex or Rolles. Pero Rolex talaga.

Now I'm more afraid of buying watches in Lazada.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    damn.. who would buy this?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    damn.. who would buy this?
    Believe it or not, replica sales are bounty in Greenhills. Pati mga foreigners bumibili.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    monster watchbro. is that a 50mm?
    This is Seiko's Monster but it's not that big.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Believe it or not, replica sales are bounty in Greenhills. Pati mga foreigners bumibili.
    May kasama pang certificate,- at naisasanla pa sa US....

Hanep!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I see this a lot. Surprised that most shoppers browsing the replica watches are caucasian. Meron din Asian (Japanese or Korean). They usually check out the replica Daytonas and Datejust. They also sell the box and tags separately.

Yung ibang tindera will whisper pa: "Sir, you want high-end replica? Meron kami ETA movement. Panerai. Php 20k" Yikes.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I wonder how much that replica rolex above is at greenhills?

And would they really pass as the original if not for the low price?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I wonder how much that replica rolex above is at greenhills?

And would they really pass as the original if not for the low price?
    Depende sa quality ng replicas. I have heard that some replicas are quite good and they are more expensive than the usual Seiko models.

Even if the replica is of such high quality and would easily pass as an original, they are still fakes and they offer no warranty.

If you want decent and high quality Swiss watches, take a look at Wenger, Steinhart, Tissot, Certina, or Hamilton. With such brands, you can buy a new automatic for less than 30k.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Personally, am not a fan of fakes or replicas if you wanna call them that. Buying a replica is often done with the intent of passing it off as the real thing - which is why buyers are very particular with how accurate the copy is.

But why would you want to deceive people into thinking you have a legit Rolex when you bought a knock-off at a tenth of the price?

By definition, a luxury watch is a testament of excess. You have so much money that you don't mind spending 3 years worth of college tution fees on a watch that tells time no better than a 3k Timex.

By buying a fake, you try to send the impression of that excess without really having it.

If you like the timepiece because of its movement and horology, a replica certainly won't carry the same pedigree. If you like the timepiece because of its design, there are many legit watches at lower pricepoints that are good homages to the iconic designs of the more expensive ones. If you want a quality watch but honestly are not willing to spend for the top brands, there are many midrange Swiss and Jap watches that are good in their own right as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Personally, am not a fan of fakes or replicas if you wanna call them that. Buying a replica is often done with the intent of passing it off as the real thing - which is why buyers are very particular with how accurate the copy is.

But why would you want to deceive people into thinking you have a legit Rolex when you bought a knock-off at a tenth of the price?

By definition, a luxury watch is a testament of excess. You have so much money that you don't mind spending 3 years worth of college tution fees on a watch that tells time no better than a 3k Timex.

By buying a fake, you try to send the impression of that excess without really having it.

If you like the timepiece because of its movement and horology, a replica certainly won't carry the same pedigree. If you like the timepiece because of its design, there are many legit watches at lower pricepoints that are good homages to the iconic designs of the more expensive ones. If you want a quality watch but honestly are not willing to spend for the top brands, there are many midrange Swiss and Jap watches that are good in their own right as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    For me, you are not deceiving others. You are actually deceiving yourself.

I have this mantra, "if I can't afford it, I won't have it"

What's the point of having a fake Rolex tapos pag upo mo sa starbucks hihingi ka lang ng tubig kasi kahit sa presyong kape namamahalan ka.

A person who buys fake only fools himself. I'd rather buy a no brand watch knowing it's real value than pretend I have a luxury watch pero yung life ko di pang luxury.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]