New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 341 of 678 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Because it doesn't make sense if one can afford to buy original.

If for beater purposes why not just buy low to mid range price branded original.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this hits the nail right in the head.

cheap and disposable does not always mean fake but are they as cheap as the fake ones? if they are then those buying fakes most likely arent aware that those products exist.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't buy a very expensive watch to tell the time with.
    a timex can do that, and more accurately too, at a hundredth of the cost.
    i buy a very expensive watch, so's i can flaunt it.

some of europe's royalty wear fakes, when appearing in public.
    security issues and all that...

i wouldn't oris to divisoria.
    and i don't ferragamo when crawling under the car.
    I remember back in college when my GF and her BFF and I are going to PICC for bike riding and watch a concert. We pikced her BFF at Espana, Manila and she was wearing a Rado gold watch (her father is an officer seaman). I was aghast and immediately told her to use her beater casio instead.

Sabi ko kay GF baka ma-holdap kami eh.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Because it doesn't make sense if one can afford to buy original.

If for beater purposes why not just buy low to mid range price branded original.

we all have our personal quirks.
    what might be illogical decision-making to one, might be a perfectly solid exercise in logical thinking, to another.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we all have our personal quirks.
    what might be illogical decision-making to one, might be a perfectly solid exercise in logical thinking, to another.
    Walang ibang dahilan but to show and pass it off as authentic tapos para 'bigtime' dahil pang laspag lang yun rollexx. [emoji23]

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Sorry but I don’t get it why bought a knockoff and you’re gonna use it as a beater?

Diba kung pangharabas dapat reliable, dependable. There are lot more less expensive watches that are for sure more reliable than those fakes.
    Some knockoffs are durable. Definition of beater for me is kahit maiwan or magasgas ok lang as long as it tells time which is the only reliable criteria for me tbh.

And this applies not only on watches.
    Shoes for example. Heck, even "replacement" parts on cars. Pretty sure, majority of the people here have bought replacement parts and no one is batting an eye over it. Analogy lang yung cars btw to make a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    kapag bata ang nagsuot ng relo at after a few weeks pa lang ay puro gasgas na, parang sayang nga kung orig ang ibibigay. better if cheap at disposable. yung orig siguro ay for special occassions.
    Exactly. I've seen parents scolding their child on bakit di nila iningatan yung gamit, di mo ba alam na mahal yan. Sa loob loob ko, what are you expecting sa bata? Maging bato at wag gumalaw para mapreserve ang gamit?
    Thats still considered as flaunting.

For me flaunting is saying to everyone, yes they are the real thing and not acknowledging it is not. Mayabang ang definition ko.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Walang ibang dahilan but to show and pass it off as authentic tapos para 'bigtime' dahil pang laspag lang yun rollexx. [emoji23]

well, that's your quirk, sir.
    i am confident, the others have something else in mind.

when i wear my rolecks, i introduce it as a genuine fake, to whoever cares to listen.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, that's your quirk, sir.
    i am confident, the others have something else in mind.

when i wear my rolecks, i introduce it as a genuine fake, to whoever cares to listen.
    don't think so. Only one reason Buying and wearing counterfeits, can't afford authentic and trying hard to belong.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A watch, specifically an automatic one with some complication of sorts, is a piece of jewellery. It has no other purpose than telling time in a complicated and mechanical way. For men, it's their only other piece of jewellery that they wear aside from their wedding ring (if married).

If you want to just have a simple way of telling you time, a reliable quartz watch can do it for you. It's a hell of a lot better than wearing a fake luxury watch and showing it off.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A watch, specifically an automatic one with some complication of sorts, is a piece of jewellery. It has no other purpose than telling time in a complicated and mechanical way. For men, it's their only other piece of jewellery that they wear aside from their wedding ring (if married).

If you want to just have a simple way of telling you time, a reliable quartz watch can do it for you. It's a hell of a lot better than wearing a fake luxury watch and showing it off.
    Agree, wearing counterfeit is just to show off. Kahit convince mo pa sarili mo na Hinde yun ang intention mo but unconsciously yun want to project na original suot mo.

Kahit automatic meron din mga na mura lang.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    And this applies not only on watches.
    Shoes for example. Heck, even "replacement" parts on cars. Pretty sure, majority of the people here have bought replacement parts and no one is batting an eye over it. Analogy lang yung cars btw to make a point.
    Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Bro I don't agree with the analogy. If you buy cheaper parts (i.e. Depo headlights vs orig), it's usually because you want to get the same acceptable function without the higher cost.

I'd say this is more analogous to getting a Seiko Sea Urchin (7k) vs a Submariner (450k). The Sea Urchin is not finished as opulently as a Sub but it tells time, has a robust automatic movement, and is rated for several hundred meters underwater.

Getting a fake watch is just like getting fake Brembo calipers.

Kunyari naka-Brembo, hindi naman pala. Mas okay pang nag-Project Mu pads kaysa pinatungan ng Brembo calipers yung stock brakes mo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]