New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 250 of 678 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'm thinking of selling my Seiko 7002 for a Seiko SKX399. Worth it kaya?

7002:

SKX399:

Most people won't notice the difference, but the 399 has:

- 7S26 movement vs the older 7002 movement
    - Raised chromed hour indices vs printed indices
    - Day-date vs. date-only
    - Philippine-release only

The 399 is selling for 7.5k, EDIT: Looks like the going rate for my 7002 is still around 4k since it has a jubilee strap unlike most of the ones posted which only have a rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Get the turtle bro.

I also have a small wrist. 6.8in lang to be exact.

Gulat din ako na it fits quite nice with the oyster bracelet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Haven't yet. Mine is 6 years old IIRC. OSC Ph says service rate is all in including movement parts so I'll wait until it doesn't keep time within specs anymore hehe. Reason I ask is I heard that the 2500 A, B and C's escapement will all be changed to the 2500 D's 3 tier escapement when it goes in for service. I'd like to know if they send the old escapement back with the other replaced parts. That part would make a nice display.

For full service it should be 3-5 years bro. But to be practical a lot of owners extend the interval. If done in the official service center the cost is about the same even if some parts are to be replaced anyway. If done outside I suppose 3 years is a good interval.

*jut
    Imho just not that much between the two bro. Although the day complication is nice to have.
    Thanks bro. Yeah I guess I'll keep it. The 4k is better spent upgrading my SNK809 to the Orient Flight. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Aside from time, how do you determine that you need to service your Omega? I don't know the service history of my Speedy but so far it's running very well so I don't intend to have it serviced yet. I don't when will be the right time do so - 3 years from my purchase date?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Get the turtle bro.

I also have a small wrist. 6.8in lang to be exact.

Gulat din ako na it fits quite nice with the oyster bracelet.

My wrist is 6.25". The turtle will be too big for me, that's why I prefer the SKX over the turtle/samurai line.

Btw, since you have a 6.8" wrist, the Speedy Pro will be a perfect fit for you. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    My wrist is 6.25". The turtle will be too big for me, that's why I prefer the SKX over the turtle/samurai line.

Btw, since you have a 6.8" wrist, the Speedy Pro will be a perfect fit for you. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Ah. I see. Akala ko around 6.5.

NO! STOP IT! MUST. NOT. BUY. SPEEDY. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

I'm eyeing the SBDX017. It's the marinemaster 300. The giant killer.

Naisip ko lang, why don't they call it destroyer nalang? Since kalaban naman niya submariner.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ah. I see. Akala ko around 6.5.

NO! STOP IT! MUST. NOT. BUY. SPEEDY. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

I'm eyeing the SBDX017. It's the marinemaster 300. The giant killer.

Naisip ko lang, why don't they call it destroyer nalang? Since kalaban naman niya submariner.

Ehh. To be honest, for the price of a MM300 I would go Swiss. Hence, SPEEDMASTER. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

In the same way that I would go for a BMW X3 over an LC200. But I could understand why you'd go for the latter if you're really a big fan of the Jap brand.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Ehh. To be honest, for the price of a MM300 I would go Swiss. Hence, SPEEDMASTER. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

In the same way that I would go for a BMW X3 over an LC200. But I could understand why you'd go for the latter if you're really a big fan of the Jap brand.

But it's only 100k bnew. Hehehe

Swiss watches usually start at 200k bnew.

And feel ko di pa ako worthy mag rolex.

Baka sabihin ng ibang tao pinamana sa akin ng magulang ko. Which is exactly why hindi ko pa kinukuha yung pinama nga sa akin. Haha

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Baka sabihin ng ibang tao pinamana sa akin ng magulang ko. Which is exactly why hindi ko pa kinukuha yung pinama nga sa akin. Haha

There are Swiss watches you can buy for less than 100k. They have ETA and Valjoux movements similar to the more expensive Swiss watches. Unless you are talking about Rolex, Omega, IWC, Breitling, and other more expensive brands, 200k will not be enough. Maybe a new Tudor (Rolex sub brand) will be something worth less than 200k.

For 100k or less, you can get automatics from the various brands of the Swatch group (Longines, Mido, Rado, Hamilton, Tissot, Certina) or something from Oris or Steinhart.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My 30 y/o turtle. Tibay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks bro. Yeah I guess I'll keep it. The 4k is better spent upgrading my SNK809 to the Orient Flight. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Aside from time, how do you determine that you need to service your Omega? I don't know the service history of my Speedy but so far it's running very well so I don't intend to have it serviced yet. I don't when will be the right time do so - 3 years from my purchase date?

There are 3 schools of thought to servicing watches bro. One is to have the watch serviced at prescribed periods of time. This is to ensure that no parts get worn prematurely. The idea is if the lubrication is changed and the debris from worn parts removed regularly, parts will last longer and thus save the owner money. With a good independent watch maker this is cost effective since the cost of a service isn't that high.

The second is to wait until the watch gets out of spec time keeping wise or if an obvious fault appears. This will of course have a higher probability of a need for parts. The main movement of your watch is an ETA movement with either a DD2020 chrono module or a Valjoux 7750 chrono module. The movement itself should be easy to find parts for, but for the chrono module I'm not so sure. I think best to ask Alex.

Here's a reference that shows which movement your watch has:
    Omega Speedmaster Reduced - Watch Wiki: The Best Watches and Watch Brands

The third (and never really discussed in forums) is to just sell the watch when it starts to go bonkers.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Unlike cars, watches don't break down frequently with age (unless you're talking 50 year old vintage), so buying brand new does not have much of an advantage vs buying used. Personally, new Seiko vs used Omega/IWC, I would take the latter.

But assuming you really want to go brand new, there are a lot of good Swiss watches that are in the 100k range.

Top of mind for me would be the Oris 65:

Another would be the Tudor Black Bay Black:

If you think the BBB is too similar to the Sub, then maybe the Black Bay 41 will tickle your fancy:

I'm not dissing the MM300. It's a good watch and has quite a fanbase as well. I just find that it looks too much like an SKX:

If I were to get a high-end Seiko it would be either the SBDC051 or 053. Actually, you can get the 51, 53, and 55 and it'll still be cheaper than the MM300. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Of course, at the end of the day, get the one that sings to you. Although I've noticed that in the past few months you've changed songs quite a lot. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]