New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Mga bossing, I already have a PLDT Fibr 1899 for unlimited 25mbps. I am planning to upgrade to PLDT Fibr 2499, for 50mbps plus 3 wifi mesh points, Cignal HD TV, and landline. My question is regarding the 3 wifi mesh, what is the brand? Sila ba yung mag set-up? I have an existing LAN set-up for the entire house with a Linksys 1900AC main router and an Asus router as access point, plus 2 ethernet switch hub. Can I maintain my LAN set-up and likewise have the 3 wifi mesh at the same time?
    Seems redundant if you want to use both mesh and your current setup. The convenience of mesh is you dont need wires na nakakalat and seamless connectivity with 1 ssid. I had 3 google wifi when i subscribe 2 yrs ago with 50mbps, and still works perfectly to all my wireless devices and even ip cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You don't need a mesh router if your current wireless setup is working ... plus you are better off buying your own mesh system rather than paying PLDT for it ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga bossing, just upgraded to a PLDT Fibr Plus 2499, yung merong 3 mesh and cignal tv. Question land po regarding the cignal tv, Nakita ko sa youtube na yung Lan 4 ng PLDT router ang gagamitin to connect sa Cignal TV digital box. Since malayo yung pldt router ko sa cignal digi box, pwede ba idaan yung ethernet cable of Lan 4 PLDT router to my existing Linksys router, which has a LAN connection to a network switch hub just beside my TV and from there a LAN connection to the Cignal TV. Pwede kaya ito?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mga bossing, just upgraded to a PLDT Fibr Plus 2499, yung merong 3 mesh and cignal tv. Question land po regarding the cignal tv, Nakita ko sa youtube na yung Lan 4 ng PLDT router ang gagamitin to connect sa Cignal TV digital box. Since malayo yung pldt router ko sa cignal digi box, pwede ba idaan yung ethernet cable of Lan 4 PLDT router to my existing Linksys router, which has a LAN connection to a network switch hub just beside my TV and from there a LAN connection to the Cignal TV. Pwede kaya ito?
    Lan 2,3,4 is for Cignal. Just run a longer erhernet cable to the Cignal STB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I believe your old LAN network configuration isnt communicating with your new LAN because the old LAN has no connection yet with your new LAN

You can run an ethernet cable from your old LAN port to your new LAN port or you can configure your linksys router to act as bridge that connects to your new PLDT fiber router

I believe the cignal digital box is designed to run in any ethernet port because all LAN ports are the same in an ethernet topology. LAN port offers the faster speed of connection compared to wifi a/b/g standards and its more stable compared to wifi (radio) signal which is suceptible to signal fading

For best ethernet experience you need an ethernet with 2.5Gbps speed because its the latest standard..check your manual for the ethernet speed of your fiber router

For best wifi experience you need wifi6 capable routers..again check the manual of the fiber wifi router

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kisshmet; October 26th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    I believe your old LAN network configuration isnt communicating with your new LAN because the old LAN has no connection yet with your new LAN

You can run an ethernet cable from your old LAN port to your new LAN port or you can configure your linksys router to act as bridge that connects to your new PLDT fiber router

I believe the cignal digital box is designed to run in any ethernet port because all LAN ports are the same in an ethernet topology. LAN port offers the faster speed of connection compared to wifi a/b/g standards and its more stable compared to wifi (radio) signal which is suceptible to signal fading

For best ethernet experience you need an ethernet with 2.5Gbps speed because its the latest standard..check your manual for the ethernet speed of your fiber router

For best wifi experience you need wifi6 capable routers..again check the manual of the fiber wifi router

Sorry sir if I gave you the wrong impression that already have the Fibr Plus set-up with 50mbps (with 3 mesh and cignal tv), what I meant was I applied and was approved (since 50mbps na yung speed ko from formerly 25mbps only) but the 3 mesh and the cignal tv digi box has not yet been delivered (7 to 10 days and lead time). I have rolled out 2 years ago cat6 cables around my house and connected 2 gigabit switch hubs with my Linksys 1900 as my main router. One gigabit switch hub is near my Led TV as well as my Nvidia Shield and both my TV and the Nvidia Shield are connected through LAN and have good internet connection (30 to 40mbps). Now, my concern is if the PLDT tech guy comes with the cignal digi box for installation, can he just connect a LAN cable on Lan 4 of the PLDT Fibr router to my Linksys router and then my gigabit switch hub to the Cignal Tv Digi Box. Sorry noob here....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^yes, the PLDT technician can do that but may be reluctant to do so because its not part of the job order

In case he refuses to do so..you can do it yourself or pay him extra to reconfigure your old LAN to communicate with the new LAN (fiber LAN)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sorry sir if I gave you the wrong impression that already have the Fibr Plus set-up with 50mbps (with 3 mesh and cignal tv), what I meant was I applied and was approved (since 50mbps na yung speed ko from formerly 25mbps only) but the 3 mesh and the cignal tv digi box has not yet been delivered (7 to 10 days and lead time). I have rolled out 2 years ago cat6 cables around my house and connected 2 gigabit switch hubs with my Linksys 1900 as my main router. One gigabit switch hub is near my Led TV as well as my Nvidia Shield and both my TV and the Nvidia Shield are connected through LAN and have good internet connection (30 to 40mbps). Now, my concern is if the PLDT tech guy comes with the cignal digi box for installation, can he just connect a LAN cable on Lan 4 of the PLDT Fibr router to my Linksys router and then my gigabit switch hub to the Cignal Tv Digi Box. Sorry noob here....
    Ganda ng package... sa globe yung 2499 3mesh lang walang cable tv... pero same 50mbps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    you can just reconfigure your router to accept the new internet connection from pldt or ask the person who configured your old lan to do it for you, if in case the tech from pldt won't do it for you, imho

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Meron bang unofficial speedboost si PLDT ngayon? Lately ko lang napansin nung temporarily dinisconnect yung Globe Fibr sa load balancer.

PLDT Fibr Plus 2899

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro