New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PLDT's Fibr network will be available at our place in the next 2 weeks. Anyone here subscribed to fibr? How was it? Does it really deliver the published speeds?

I'm currently on Globe DSL under business plan 2299 with speeds of up to 3mbps.
    Will it be worth it to switch to Fibr under plan 3500 and up to 8mbps?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    PLDT's Fibr network will be available at our place in the next 2 weeks. Anyone here subscribed to fibr? How was it? Does it really deliver the published speeds?

sir boybi... ok po ba ang globe dsl? consistent po ba siya? PLDT DSL now is very unreliable... thanks...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far ok naman Globe DSL sa area namin, much better than my previous PLDT DSL. Although there are times during late evenings na bumabagal sya. Heard there was a cap of 10gb per day ang Globe, not sure lang if this is the case kaya bumabagal pag gabi.

Maganda daw kasi ang latency ng PLDT Fibr, kaya I'm considering it.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012

I'm subscribed to the Plan 5800 20mbps plan. While the connection to the PLDT servers are at 20mbps, connection outside of the network and thru the vast internet varies. Reliability has been good since I got it installed last June.

Test using PLDT Makati Server

Test using Washington DC Speedtest Server.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd guess the best is to do a wait and see first. Hintay ka ng kaibigan na mag install tapos i-check out mo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Been pondering about Fibr also since it's available already in my area.

Is it really blazing, blink-of-an-eye fast? does it have a cap? Can't see info about those anywhere.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    It's no different from the experience I had from a 5mbps connection vs 20mbps. Halos sa ******* at live video streaming lang nagkakaiba.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Pre, what's the default password of pldtfibr? Message mo naman sa lookforme888*gmail.com

Thanks pre.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.boybi,- I am paying P1,599 a month for a bundle of landline(unli call to any Globe cell/phone) and 7Mbps(unli) internet bandwidth... This is a privilege upgrade if you are an ARC Member (you should be).... as the regular package is landline + 3Mbps only.... Uptime is (conservatively) better than 95%, so it is very good...

22.7K:boat:

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast