New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    LOL!
    Same here.
    Once I stayed away from Mac forums, buying a Mac got easier. I got sick of zealots in those forums worshiping in the Altar Of Mac. Don't get me wrong, I like Macs. But, I often ended up saying, "Get a life. It's just a computer" to those people.

Add: I obviously let loose a lot of pent-up rage against these zealots. Ahhh. I feel much better now .
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 4th, 2007 at 02:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i-license lang ng Apple ang Mac OS sa ibang vendors, sigurado yang ang magiging number 1 over time... PERO It's the brand exclusivity and value Apple is focusing on and not on the mass market...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mac

tripple boot ftw!

runs windows
    runs mac os
    runs linux

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also, make sure it's Mac vs PC vs Linux on the thread title. Even the mere spelling of Mac pisses off the zealots....sheeesh. *me shakes head (at them)*

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba dapat Mac vs Windows vs Linux because *NIXs also runs on PCs.
    yan isa sa hindi ko gusto sa Mac users always generalizing PCs as a Windows machine.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    di ba dapat Mac vs Windows vs Linux because *NIXs also runs on PCs.
    yan isa sa hindi ko gusto sa Mac users always generalizing PCs as a Windows machine.
    Yup. I thought about mentioning that too. But, meh. Too trivial. Even that last post of mine was pushing it....waste of keystrokes.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 5th, 2007 at 03:47 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    im a mac user, appreciate it very much=)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    im a mac user, appreciate it very much=)
    Please don't turn into a zealot, it would really hurt me.....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Yup. I thought about mentioning that too. But, meh. Too trivial. Even that last post of mine was pushing it....waste of keystrokes.
    i dont think its too trivial, PC is hardware and we're talking about operating systems. maybe im just being too anal.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    i dont think its too trivial, PC is hardware and we're talking about operating systems. maybe im just being too anal.
    Oh no. You're fine. It's just that having Mac, pc, and Linux in the same sentence have a tendency to degenerate into mud-slinging. Thank goodness it hasn't happened here. You can say I'm more than a little weary of it.

Add: I probably knocked Linux a bit harder because I am somewhat frustrated at the very tiny numbers of decent commercial software. Of course, the very nature of Linux (free) makes the likelihood of more commercial apps very unlikely. Open Office is one of the exceptions. I like it enough that I can give up MS Office for home use. But, I want to see equivalents in: video-editing, cd/dvd burning as full-featured as those from Roxio and Ahead, and maybe a couple more software categories. If I can get those for Linux, I'd be using Linux a lot, lot more. That's not to say I don't get excited about Linux. Beryl's got me giddy with anticipation.

Mac.... Not really much to knock except the zealots and maybe high prices for the top of the line models. Great hardware, great software, great integration. We'll be replacing our daughter's iBook and G4 Mini soon. It's just a matter of which one. It's down to the Core 2 Duo MacBook or 17" iMac.

Windows.... it's both great and bad. I game on the pc. That makes Windows necessary. I do more (home) video-editing on the pc than the Mac, plus I find survivability in Windows is easier than what non-Windows zealots would lead me to believe.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 5th, 2007 at 06:00 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
MAC vs PC vs Linux