New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    After seeing Intel and AMD fanbois go at it at bankai's thread.... makes Mac users look like angels.... I just have to shake my head....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    After seeing Intel and AMD fanbois go at it at bankai's thread.... makes Mac users look like angels.... I just have to shake my head....
    in my younger days, i have since been involved in those threads.

sayang lang ang laway at oras, pa-inot-inot na adjust lang Ghz speed pinag-gagawa ng dalawang Processor giant na yan to get our money.

sa Mac transparent na sayo whether it's a G4, or G5 or Intel. Productivity has always been dependent on the software side, not the hardware ... and that's the world accdg. to Mac. i'm quite surprised na ma-presyo pa din ngaun yun coloruful egg Mac na 2nd hand for multimedia use. that's almost like a decade na since released.

lately, i've been talking to some old friends about how they bought this laptop worth 25k or 50k laptop with Vista in Taiwan or a 35k laptop in greenhills. they just brag and brag as if they got so much value for money. and another set of friends who are still preoccupied in the breakthroughs in processor technology for their i-cafes. they even engaged in a debate in front of me sa bar: on which is better, AMD X2 vs. Quad Core Intel or whatever. I butted in (being an AMD user in the past), sabi ko: okey ba yan S2 na yan? anong S2? X2! and they turned their ire on me for my ignorance.

haay! mental note when you're getting older: dont engage in computer hardware debates anymore.
    Last edited by oldblue; April 22nd, 2007 at 02:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    in my younger days, i have since been involved in those threads.

sayang lang ang laway at oras, pa-inot-inot na adjust lang Ghz speed pinag-gagawa ng dalawang Processor giant na yan to get our money.

sa Mac transparent na sayo whether it's a G4, or G5 or Intel. Productivity has always been dependent on the software side, not the hardware ... and that's the world accdg. to Mac. i'm quite surprised na ma-presyo pa din ngaun yun coloruful egg Mac na 2nd hand for multimedia use. that's almost like a decade na since released.
    Actually, there are some differences between the G4/G5 OSX and Intel OSX. The main advantage I liked with the G4/G5 OSX is Classic mode which allowed me to run many older Mac software.

I lost Classic with Intel OSX. But, the ability to run Windows XP fast via virtualization (Parallels) or even faster running natively (Boot Camp) more than made up for the loss of Classic.

As for hardware, I'll always like DIY pc's. But, I also like the Intel Macs.
    I can't stand the 1G iMacs (the colorful ones) nor the 1G iBook (clamshell). Bleh

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
MAC vs PC vs Linux