New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    driven, i recommend using Parallels rather than BootCamp. you don't need to reboot to switch between OS since Parallels is a virtualization software.

meron din reported instances na hindi na makalogin ang users sa OS X after using BootCamp. beta pa kasi yan.

do you really need to install windows? what type of apps are you talking about? kung hindi games, baka naman meron counterpart sa Mac yan.

virtualization software? i remember during the power pc era, windows are very slow coz emulator lang daw kasi yun? di naman siguro ganun din ito?

yeah you're right, medyo may mga konti problem with the current boot camp beta, and its going to expire by october, but fortunately, the upgraded mac OS, aka "leopard" has boot camp already included as a standard application (hindi na siya beta version), i think it will be officially released here within a few months

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    mabilis ba talaga yan core2 duo na Imac?

ako kasi naka-g5 lang, medyo nababagalan na ako kung sabay-sabay surfing, Photoshop CS2 in the background, ******* downloading 5 movies simultaenously, and playing Itunes
    so far, i haven't really tried opening so many applications at a time pa, but as far as the power pc G5 processor based iMac is concerned, alam ko main memory niya is either 256 MB or 512 MB lang eh, di kaya bibilis yun if you upgrade it to 1 GB? and also L2 cache of the latter G5 iMac models was only 512 kB lang, while the latest core 2 duo iMac models are now using 4 MB

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006

ako kasi naka-g5 lang, medyo nababagalan na ako kung sabay-sabay surfing, Photoshop CS2 in the background, ******* downloading 5 movies simultaenously, and playing Itunes
    The Core 2 Duo Macs are fine which means they're quite fast. Even the Core Duo Mini is fast, probably pretty close to my dualcore X2 4200+ pc. Speeds are no longer an issue with Macs. Certainly, dualcore cpu's make multitasking a breeze.

We recently replaced our daughter's G4 Mini with a Core Duo Mini (she also still has her old G3 iBook 800). It also came with a free All-In-One HP printer as well:

I'd buy another for myself. But, there are rumors of Core 2 Duo Minis coming out. So, I'm waiting. I figure, I can hook it up to our 32" lcd tv and properly make use of the included Front Row software. It's even got a tiny remote (looks like a white lighter next to the jeepney).

As for cool software....... The iApps are excellent home tools. I still prefer to do my video-editing on the pc. But, they're pretty darn good esp considering they're bundled free with every Mac.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2007 at 04:12 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006

sounds more like a memory problem than a processor problem to me. unless CS2's actively churning away applying professional grade filters 100% of the time in the background, with the apps you're using, a g5 i mac shouldn't feel too slow.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'd buy another for myself. But, there are rumors of Core 2 Duo Minis coming out. So, I'm waiting.
    is apple really coming out with new core2duo minis. with the 45nm penryn cores? the rumors i got says jobs was thinking of unceremoniously dumping the minis (thus the uncharacteristic refusal to upgrade mini cpus from yonah to merom) and will be focusing on improving the beleaguered appletv.

if apple's coming out with new minis soon i'm probably getting one with leopard!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    is apple really coming out with new core2duo minis. with the 45nm penryn cores? the rumors i got says jobs was thinking of unceremoniously dumping the minis (thus the uncharacteristic refusal to upgrade mini cpus from yonah to merom) and will be focusing on improving the beleaguered appletv.

if apple's coming out with new minis soon i'm probably getting one with leopard!
    It's just rumors I heard somewhere. If it's not true, I'd go ahead and buy another Core Duo Mini with dvd burner and stuff it to the max with ram.

Hey! I didn't know Apple has a beta of Safari out for WinXP Vista. Downloading now.

- yea I know. I prefer Firefox. but, I'm just a sucker for (legally) free software.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2007 at 09:00 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Along with the bundled iApps, some software I've put on my kid's Mini:

NeoOffice - native OSX version of Open Office

VLC - media player

Graphics Converter

Appleworks 6 - requirement for her schoolwork

Firefox and Thunderbird

Google Earth

Celestia - astronomy app

Add: Oh. My first Mac was an old but rare color Mac SE (late 80's). After that, I had a Mac IIfx. I also had a pc. But, I was primarily an Amiga user. After the Amiga tanked in 1995, I switched completely to pc's. My next Mac wasn't until
    2001 when I bought a used PM G4-400. Had an eMac, the iBook 800, a G4 Mini, and finally the Core Duo Mini.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm waiting for the macbook i ordered from HK.

2.16ghz core 2 duo
    2gb ram

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Since 2002

Currently using a Powermac 1.42 GHZ dual

looking into one of the new iMac especially the 24" one. But I'll wait till Leopard comes out. Plus my Powermac still works fine.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Hey! I didn't know Apple has a beta of Safari out for WinXP Vista. Downloading now.
    yup. build 3.0.0 has already drawn so much flak from the security gurus. they say its literally crawling with bugs and holes. apple released the more secure 3.0.1 build yesterday i think.

safari's really fast on xp considering its not even a straightforward program port (just an emulator daw). it's also refreshing to see osx's font smoothing and image rendering techniques on xp. too bad i'm so attached to firefox and its superb addons i rarely use safari even on my macs.

but regardless of safari's current flaws and shortcomings, good and promising freeware is always welcome.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Mac user anyone?