New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I use my PowerBook for Photo and Video Editing, Graphic Design, surf the net, e-mail, chat, play games (although limited). I've been a Mac user since 1994, although I've had PC's too. I just gave up on it because of the worms, virus, and instability of windows. I noticed I was being less productive with the PC. With a Mac, it was a totally different computing experience. Very pleasant, I must say.

Hey, Mav! Good to see you here!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Macintosh since 98.

Never looked back to Windows.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mac user too. Got my 12" PB G4 about 3 months ago. Been a PC user all my life. Do not miss my PC one single bit after switching to Mac. People are right... Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05
    need4speed,

gusto ko nga rin ng mac mini, but do you have to buy a separate monitor for it? may monitor ba ang apple? im eyeing a nice powerbook or ibook tapos mejo ok lang na desktop para sa surfing at word processing lang. tapos ipod 20 gb. this is my dream setup hehehe
    I'm planning too to replaced my old PC. And i have this friend of mine, a computer guro from India and he recommend using IMAC MINI. Ang sabi pa niya, DELL, IBM computer are cheaper than IMAC's but considering the add-on's like Sound Blaster, etc, the end price shall be the same as the IMAC. I'm not a computer expert but what i understand, we can now install the normal WINDOW software with IMAC, so basically, yung CPU lang ang naiiba and the rest are the conventional Microsoft Windows. Just buy the IMAC MINI and you can separately buy the monitor, keyboard, mouse..... The price is not that expensive though, for the CPU itself, it cost around HK$ 4.5K (US$ 577) + monitor + keyboard + speaker.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    tagal na pala itong thread, buhayin ko lang... just wanna ask you guys to share lang kung anu ano mga cool softwares na ginagamit niyo for your mac

just switched to mac recently, so far hindi naman ako nagsisi, since naka intel core 2 duo na siya, it can run windows flawlessly, kaya very satisfied naman ako

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    driven, pano sya magrun ng Windows? Dual boot? If naka Windows, can it run all the Windows based programs?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    driven, pano sya magrun ng Windows? Dual boot? If naka Windows, can it run all the Windows based programs?
    yup, there's this application called "boot camp" (a dual boot program created by apple) that can allow mac users to install another OS, particularly windows, and can even support windows vista. so far i've been using all the windows application that i used to install in my previous PC and everything runs very smoothly... and since it runs on an intel core 2 duo based processors, running windows or windows application has never been that fast and reliable.

by the way, just recently, apple released the upgraded versions of macbooks & macbook pros, kaya maraming pang on-sale na mga previous models, prices dropped to as much as 12 to 13 thousand pesos... mac books are quite affordable na rin now, in fact mas mura pa siya if you compare it sa mga sony vaio, HP or fujitsu notebooks na medyo similar in size
    Last edited by driven; June 15th, 2007 at 10:09 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I pity our country for getting second rate treatment by supplier Singapore. Not only does it take too long to deliver the equipment or parts but it leaves a tiny window of options to choose from when having it custom built. The bureaucracy has been going on for the past 15 years accdg to my cousins who are fellow mac stalwarts. I never had any problem purchasing apple products overseas, nor do the retailers from their suppliers. Even though I really like to patronize our local mac center, the compromises are just not worth it. However, kudos to our local retailers for hanging in there.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    driven, i recommend using Parallels rather than BootCamp. you don't need to reboot to switch between OS since Parallels is a virtualization software.

meron din reported instances na hindi na makalogin ang users sa OS X after using BootCamp. beta pa kasi yan.

do you really need to install windows? what type of apps are you talking about? kung hindi games, baka naman meron counterpart sa Mac yan.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mabilis ba talaga yan core2 duo na Imac?

ako kasi naka-g5 lang, medyo nababagalan na ako kung sabay-sabay surfing, Photoshop CS2 in the background, ******* downloading 5 movies simultaenously, and playing Itunes

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Mac user anyone?