New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan na nga ang ginawa ko ngayon. wireless AP nalang yung linksys ko.

ngayong ok na itong home networking ko, pwede ba akong mag set ng max bandwidth allowable for a particular PC in the network? kapag i'm downloading *******s, halos hindi na magamit ang internet ng ibang mga PC.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    pwede ba akong mag set ng max bandwidth allowable for a particular PC in the network? kapag i'm downloading *******s, halos hindi na magamit ang internet ng ibang mga PC.
    Ewan ko lang meron feature na ganoon yung router mo. Yung sakin kasi wala eh. Pwede mo siguro switch from 100mbps to 10mbps LAN card ng PC na ginagamit mo pang-download.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala nga rin akong makitang ganyang feature dito sa router ko.

kung i-switch ko to 10mbps, no use din since less than 10mbps lang naman ang mga internet connections natin, full bandwidth pa rin makukuha ng downloading PC.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hi-end routers usually have bandwidth control features.

Pero meron yung mga routers natin ngayon na QoS or Quality of Service... pag configure nyan di ko masyado alam...

Pero ang perfect example ng QoS e when it comes to VOIP... If you will make a call, the router will provide the maximum bandwidth to your VOIP call instead to your downloads... tapos pag finished na call mo bigay nya ulit yung bandwidth sa download mo...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    yan na nga ang ginawa ko ngayon. wireless AP nalang yung linksys ko.

ngayong ok na itong home networking ko, pwede ba akong mag set ng max bandwidth allowable for a particular PC in the network? kapag i'm downloading *******s, halos hindi na magamit ang internet ng ibang mga PC.
    You should be able to limit the upload and download bandwidth using the ******* program.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i can do that if i'm only downloading one *******. but if i'm downloading more than 1 *******, then the downloads won't be able to adjust based on the available seeders/leechers.

example:
    i'm downloading 2 *******s using PC1 namely *******A & *******B. if i set a download limit of 20KB/s to each of the *******s. and during downloading, a lot of the seeders/leechers of *******A went offline, which means that *******A's download would be less than 20KB/s. *******B won't be able to use the additional bandwidth since it is limited to 20KB/s.

but if i can set a bandwidth for PC1 and don't set a limit for each of the *******s, then the downloads of each ******* can dynamically adjust itself, thus maximizing the alotted bandwidth for PC1.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir Boybi, I think I know na how to configure your PLDT router & your Linksys router.... Can you try putting the Ethernet cable of your PLDT router to a regular port of the Linksys and not on the Linksys' WAN port? And disable the DHCP server of the Linksys and change the address of the linksys to an IP being followed by your PLDT router????

I have tried configuring a Prolink ADSL modem-router and the solution was to plug it to a regular switch hub so that your other PCs will share the connection with IP addresses coming from the DHCP of the Prolink. Now since you have a Linksys router... we should disable all router functions and just use the switch hub function and the access point function of the Linksys....

Pag di pa rin gumana it will be time for a site visit and a "friendly" call to PLDT....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will try to do that when i come back to the phils. thanks and happy new year!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Home networking, help.