New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i want my desktop and laptop to be networked to share files. i have successfully setup both to the network through the networking wizard. my desktop was able to browse and upload files to the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the desktop. it says contact the administrator of the server to find out if i have access permission. what should i do?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kung same workgroup yan & you explicitly checked that you want file & printer sharing... just turn off both PC coz the file sharing parameters will be refreshed on your next reboot...

But then again if you are using specialized software firewalls like Zone Alarm, you may need to lower the security settings of the program or add trusted IPs so that both PCs can interact.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both PCs have been restarted.

i think its the firewall, i have sygate installed in my desktop. does the router assign the same IP to my laptop (connected wireless) everytime? if not, how do i add a trusted IP?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na, i enabled network neighborhood sa firewall. pero ang nakikita lang sa laptop is yung SharedDocs on my desktop. kung i-enable ko dito sa desktop ang file sharing ng mga folders, may chance ba na makita rin ito ng mga hackers?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir boybi, i assume you have either a netgear or a linksys wireless router. need not to worry about the hackers. i think the router has a 2 firewalls (at least for my netgear) NAT and SPI. SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) serves a 'gatekeeper' while NAT (network address translator) hides your home network.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm using a linksys wireless router, tapos nakakabit sa d-link na wired router

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    mind if i ask? why use a d-link wired router? you use it as a switch? which of the two is connected to the modem-router? you use a Smart-WIFI?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    i also have the same setup, i can share files between my desktop and laptop. My problem right now is if a shared folder's contents gets to large, i could not access the files anymore. If for example i have a folder with mp3's, ok pa siya if mga bente lang ang laman, pero pag umabot na nga mga hundreds, di ko na maaccess, "access denied file in use" na lumalabas. What i do is i resegregate the files into more subfolders tapos i would share that folder. Medyo cumbersome eh, is there anyway to work around this?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    mind if i ask? why use a d-link wired router? you use it as a switch? which of the two is connected to the modem-router? you use a Smart-WIFI?
    may existing wired router na kasi ako, kaya i-configured the wireless router to act as an access point for my wifi devices.

sinubukan ko din ikabit direct yung smartbro sa wireless router, pero wala akong nakitang option na dynamic ip dun sa setup ng linksys kaya binalik ko ulit as access point nalang.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Try mo sir boybi, Automatic DHCP. baka umubra yun. sayang naman kasi yung router...

*laklak, baka may naka-limit yung access mo sa isang folder. i'm still searching though. up ko kapag meron na akong nakuha.
    Last edited by ian_rex; November 28th, 2006 at 10:05 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Home networking, help.