New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mga peeps, medyo bago lang ako sa "wireless" pasensiya na kung hindi ko naintindahan ang discussions niyo at baka umulit lang ang tanong ko. I also have a desktop and laptop pero dati wired sila just using RJ45 cable, connected and desktop sa internet so nai-set up ko rin ang laptop and both can share file/folder/printer. About two months ago bumili ako ng Linksys Wireless-G broadband Router (connected sa desktop) at PCMIA card for my laptop. But the only thing I managed to do is for my laptop to have internet connection (wirelessly) and nothing else. So mga peeps ibig niyo bang sabihin posible mag share ng file/folder/printer ang dalawang computer ko even if my laptop is wireless? Is it "My Network Places" then "Set up a home or small office network"? saan ko gagawin ito sa desktop or laptop or both. Your advice and assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    no problem.

actually, yes you need to set up the home networking. you need to specify a network name. i think you need to run it on all computers that you want to connect in the network. that way you'll see the all the computers accessing the network whether it is wired or wireless.

*laklak, i'll get back to you still. baka naman gawa kasi nang wireless meduim. not sure though. will read more about it. post ko agad once na meron na.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Network Gurus!

anong magandang network software? using a Belkin router and the software that comes with it is not as good as the Netgear that I used to have.

thx!!

cons for Belkin:
    1. pag na-DC yung modem mo, kelangan mong i-restart ang router, not like sa Netgear na automatic ang reconnect nya.

2. some network utilities are not extensive as the Netgear's.

pros for Belkin:
    1. lakas at malayo nararating ng signal!

2. di bumabagal kahit mixed modes (i.e. B and G) ang nakakabit!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    this is where pwede namang mag-experiment setting up a DIY cantenna or deflector to extend the wifi range.

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/

or an external wifi antenna connector where you extend the antenna away from the router itself so you can better position the antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    for me, i wouldn't sell the other router, but will reduce it as a switch only. especially for the far-off desktop. i think the reason why he bought the linksys is to have an access point for his wireless connection. i may have read it somewhere here in tsikot:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For sharing files, the single simplest way to do this is to have a NAS. It's a centralized data storage within the network. Other users who need the same data can access the files even if your computer is turned-off or is out-of-range of the network.

If you still need help, just pm or YM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    For sharing files, the single simplest way to do this is to have a NAS. It's a centralized data storage within the network. Other users who need the same data can access the files even if your computer is turned-off or is out-of-range of the network.

If you still need help, just pm or YM me.
    actually, i really wanted to get one of these. Kaso i find it too expensive

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It depends how much you really need it but the price isn't really that high. a typical 100Gb will cost around 12 or 15. 320Gb is around 18k

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    *ian_rex

ive transferred all my files to my Shared Documents folder, now i can browse/play/copy all my files without any hitch. I just find it odd why i cannot do this with folders outside the "shared folder" despite the folder being shared naman

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak View Post
    *ian_rex

ive transferred all my files to my Shared Documents folder, now i can browse/play/copy all my files without any hitch. I just find it odd why i cannot do this with folders outside the "shared folder" despite the folder being shared naman
    That happens because in Windows XP, the My Documents folder (actually I think the whole folder for your user account) is by default set to "Private".

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    *laklak, nice to hear that.

*icon, nice idea. however, given that boybi got both router(wired/wireless), he uses the wired as his gateway and the wireless as his access point.

*staind, thanks for the idea. i'm not aware of that really.

*alpha, thanks

keep 'em coming your help will be greatly appreciated

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Home networking, help.