New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    SONY Service is one reason I now try to avoid Sony ... I had better experience with JVC Service, fast and reasonable cost.
    Kabaligtaran naman sa akin. JVC service centers near our area sucks big time. I had to email JVC Singapore to make a complaint before the local service centers would give me feedbacks on the repairs of my units. That's why never na akong bumili ng JVC products. Yung Sony service center naman dito sobrang OK. Mabilis pa magtrabaho, sila ang tumatawag to give me feedback on the repairs, kung anong papalitan, kung available ba ang parts or hindi at kung kelan darating ang parts at kelan matatapos ang repairs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Please re-check the name. It might be Sorry not Sony.

I bought 2 Sony TVs at almost at the same time in 1990 - a 24" and a 12". The former has retired already about 5 years ago after subjecting to several repairs. The latter is still working and has never been repaired.

Check my blog.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My only experience with a Sony service center was at S Korea back in 1995 where I bought a Sony mini HiFi system.

One day, I was listening to music with headphones and decided to just yank the headphones out without turning off the system first. When I did that, the Sony got stuck in headphone mode. I can only listen to music with headphones.

I went back to the store I bought it from. The sales clerk had it mailed to a service center. I got it back after several days and it's been mostly fine since. It's still in our living room today.

I guess I should be mindful of Sony since I did buy a few of its products recently:
    Sony 8" portable dvd player with swiveling lcd - 2006 No problems yet
    Sony PSP - 2007 No problems yet
    Sony Handycam DCR-HC28 MiniDV camcorder - No problems yet

Oh yeah. I also had a Sony Trinitron pc monitor back in 1999. It died in 2000. In comparison, the Samsung monitor I replaced it with is very much alive still up to now.

Personally, I don't think Sony is bad across ALL its product lines. I trust enough the durability of the Sony products I bought. I'd still be leery of its tv's though even if I'm so mesmerized by its Bravia line.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 30th, 2007 at 12:17 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hindi na pala matibay ang Sony