New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Time to renew yung plan 999 nang anak ko.. last time when I renewed my plan.. I opted for the Gcash of 8K, now the Gcash is down to 6K for plan 999 sobrang baba na..

mas ok pa kung kumuha nang device.. at kaso wala namang magandang device na walang cash out for plan 999.. so I opted for 2400 cash out na lang..

Last edited by _Qwerty_; April 17th, 2023 at 11:31 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Nakaka-connect ba kayo sa kahit na anong VPN using Globe mobile internet?

Okay sa Smart ko eh. Pero hindi sa Globe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May nakapag convert na to esim dito? Agad ba active yung esim o mag wait pa for hours (or days)?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    May nakapag convert na to esim dito? Agad ba active yung esim o mag wait pa for hours (or days)?
    Using esim since smart started it. I think 2 or 3 years ago? Minutes lang after scanning the QR code that will be given to you. Only setback in getting one now is they tell you na the QR code is one is to one in terms of gadget. If magpapalit ka daw ng phone, need bumalik sa kanila to get a new QR. Ganyan din ata sa globe since they started. When we initially got ours some years back, pwede ilipat sa ibang phone without hassle. In fact, I haven't changed QR codes since I got the esim and have replaced my phone a few times already.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Using esim since smart started it. I think 2 or 3 years ago? Minutes lang after scanning the QR code that will be given to you. Only setback in getting one now is they tell you na the QR code is one is to one in terms of gadget. If magpapalit ka daw ng phone, need bumalik sa kanila to get a new QR. Ganyan din ata sa globe since they started. When we initially got ours some years back, pwede ilipat sa ibang phone without hassle. In fact, I haven't changed QR codes since I got the esim and have replaced my phone a few times already.

Nasa phone naman na yata kung may capability to transfer esim to another phone? Parang nakita ko sa iphone, pwede transfer esim.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nasa phone naman na yata kung may capability to transfer esim to another phone? Parang nakita ko sa iphone, pwede transfer esim.
    Technically you can transfer from one phone to another, whether it's android to android, android to apple, apple to apple, etc., as long as the units are capable of using the technology. However, I don't know what our telcos are doing with their QR codes because now they're limiting the transfer of esims from one unit to another. Happened to my partner's Globe esim. She upgraded her phone from a Samsung Galaxy Flip 3 to Flip 5. She uses an esim. After properly removing the esim from the settings on the old phone and scanning the QR on the new one, it wouldn't accept it. So we had to go to Globe to get another QR code. Turns out that every time you change phones, you need to get a new QR code. But if you're just let's say reformatting your phone and will install the esim again, you can use the current QR code. We didn't like the idea so we just opted to cancel the Globe esim and converted it to a physical sim so that there's less hassle. Then she said she wanted her smart line converted to esim the same as mine because with my Smart esim QR, I'm able to transfer it to any esim capable phone without issues. I've used it primarily on a Galaxy Note 20 or 10 (I forgot which phone I started an esim with), then would transfer to a Pixel 4XL then back and eventually to a Galaxy Fold 3 and now a Fold 5. I have used the same QR code. The sad part is that after having her Smart physical sim converted to esim, Smart now also says it's good for one phone only. You need a new QR if you'll transfer phones. I asked how come with my QR I can transfer the esim to different phones and all the response I got was, "Swerte kayo sir".

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You can scan the QR code again on new phones provided that you have remove the esim from old phone. Pero pag nawala phone and the old phone can't be factory reset, the smart store will replace your esim with physical sim. So just keep the QR code safe.

All these faqs are available on this site.
    Smart | eSIMscreenshot_20231026_162806_chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    You can scan the QR code again on new phones provided that you have remove the esim from old phone. Pero pag nawala phone and the old phone can't be factory reset, the smart store will replace your esim with physical sim. So just keep the QR code safe.

All these faqs are available on this site.
    Smart | eSIMscreenshot_20231026_162806_chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hindi na daw ganyan ngayon. One is to one na as per the CSR at Smart. If you want to transfer your esim to another phone, need to get another QR. Your current QR will work on one device lang daw. Quite different from what I experienced with my Smart esim. Baka since mine is still first generation esim nila, iba pa programming and pwede mag transfer from one device to another.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Hindi na daw ganyan ngayon. One is to one na as per the CSR at Smart. If you want to transfer your esim to another phone, need to get another QR. Your current QR will work on one device lang daw. Quite different from what I experienced with my Smart esim. Baka since mine is still first generation esim nila, iba pa programming and pwede mag transfer from one device to another.
    In anticipation for the arrival of my new phone, I also chatted with a CSR on Messenger to ask about the same thing. They sent me the same instructions as BratPAQ attached.

So in essence, the original QR code is is still valid BUT you'll first need to delete the eSIM from the old phone before scanning the QR with the new phone.

In any case, I will know if it works when my phone arrives.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    In anticipation for the arrival of my new phone, I also chatted with a CSR on Messenger to ask about the same thing. They sent me the same instructions as BratPAQ attached.

So in essence, the original QR code is is still valid BUT you'll first need to delete the eSIM from the old phone before scanning the QR with the new phone.

In any case, I will know if it works when my phone arrives.
    Yes you do need to delete first from current device before using it. That's the standard procedure for esim. Unfortunately as per the peeps in the centers, the new QR codes can only be used on one phone. Transferring phones mean another QR code. That's not how it was before. With the old QR codes you could delete from one phone and transfer to another. The new ones don't. I hope they to back with the old configuration for ease on the customer side.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364