New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Bayan is Lopez (Sky) owned/controlled so expect them to follow the same path as sky.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    pag nangyari ang ganito sa PLDT, yari na ang 24/7 ******* download ko.. BOOO!!!

ang bulok sobra ng mga ISP talaga dito sa atin, ang mahal na ng singil ang bagal pa tas lalagyan pa ng ganyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    pag nangyari ang ganito sa PLDT, yari na ang 24/7 ******* download ko.. BOOO!!!

ang bulok sobra ng mga ISP talaga dito sa atin, ang mahal na ng singil ang bagal pa tas lalagyan pa ng ganyan.
    ikaw pala ang dahilan!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The people who cook up these kinds of solutions are either greedy or ignorant (or both).

Greedy because they only want to oversubscribe their lines, and the only way they can meet the SLA is to enforce this stupid bandwidth cap.

Ignorant because they automatically assume that if a subscriber just exceeded 10-15GB, nagto-******* na kaagad! And if a person uses *******, they automatically assume na namimirata na kaagad. Alam ba nila that there are legit businesses use *******s as a means of distributing their products? Have they ever heard of Linux? To those kinds of people, internet is only for browsing web pages.

I have a STEAM account. Two weeks, I just bought and downloaded two games - totaling 30GB (Shogun 2: Total War and Napoleon: Total War). I'm using Bayandsl and thankfully, wala pang inaannounce na download cap.....for now.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    mag ISP Bonanza nalang kayo wahehehehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this reminds me of the Canadian furor weeks ago when they were trying to cap the bandwidth din dun. they called it UBB for usage-based billing. buti dun nag-step in yung government to stop that nonsense... dito sa atin malabo mangyari.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sana naman mag step in din mga senators and ang government natin. hindi yung pag bili ni pldt sa smart lang ang pakialaman... mas importante tong capping na to na dapat hindi mapatupad. kalokohan to.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    mag ISP Bonanza nalang kayo wahehehehehe
    FTW! i remember the days, maangas na ang dial-up na internet..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Internet service providers are already silently capping your internet speeds by limiting the data rate speed you can download your stuff. This stuff would include your website, email, video, web-radio, files, etc.

And now they are implementing DATA VOLUME capping.

DATA CAPPING na.... naka-speed CAP din.

Sobrang talo na yung subscriber!!

1GB a day is simply too low. If you are a regular user of the internet, you will know this. Anyone who plays online games will know it. Anyone who listens to web-broadcased radio will know this. Anyone who watches video on the web will know this. Anyone who purchased software on the web will know it.

The ISPs blaming internet piracy is just an excuse to make more money from thin air.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    FTW! i remember the days, maangas na ang dial-up na internet..

14.4 kbaud FTW!

I was using "shotgun" technology for 28.8 kbaud speeds using two 14.4 modems and two phone lines at the same time in parallel. Astig!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Globe moves to cap Internet data volume