New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Pera...pera...pera...ako nga eh supersurf50 lang gamit ko kasi bihira ako gumamit sa bahay...800MB limit...no ******* or whatever...mostly eh gamit sya for research for my son...less than 12 hours ubos na...cut na agad.

I hope they choke to death while dreaming up these money making schemes.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Well ganun talaga eh.. Nangyari diyan, the caps of yesteryears eh hindi na pupwede sa demand ngayon.

Peeps, caps are already in place before pa. Di lang alam ng ordinary user ito. Without the caps, impossible ng makabrowse man lang. Remember, bandwidth is a finite resource. The mere fact that you're subscribe to X number of megabits eh cap na iyon. And within that X number of megabits may caps pa na ginagawa yan. Let me explain kung ano ibig sabihin ko dito..

Let say sa isang 1megabit connection..

Youtube - 10kbps lang.
    Port 80 or browsing - 20kbps
    *******s - 30kbps-40kbps
    Emails - 5kbps
    and so on and so forth..

Naka cap yan or better known as traffic shaping sa mga ISPs ng hindi nyo lang nalalaman.

Caps will make our connections reliable. Why? Because it will enable the ISPs to allocate more efficiently the finite bandwidth to its subscribers. Getting a lot of international gateway and bandwidth won't work if caps are not present. Simply because bandwidth purchased outside is also a limited resource.

Network abusers ang tatamaan dito but if they want some more then they just have to pay more.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Btw, kahit ano pang ISP yan sa kahit anong bansa. May traffic shaping yan. Iyon nga lang mas mataba ang bandwidth nila kaysa sa sa atin.. pero again, gaano man kataba ang bandwidth eh finite resource pa rin ito kaya kailangan i-cap or i-shape.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Traffic shaping" is just a invented term to replace bandwidth throttling.

With bandwidth throttling, the ISP limited your data download/upload speeds. Just is similar to turning a valve on your water hose to slow down the rate of water flowing through it.

But with the data cap, it is now like the ISP giving you a bucket to place at the end of the hose. Once your bucket is full, your water supply is cut off.

Internet bandwidth is a finite resource in terms that you can only "flow" so much at one time. But the total volume amount of data can be infinite. So why resort to data capping when the problem is flow at certain times of day?

In fact the problem is peak loading which seems to be between 5pm and 10pm at night. Isn't that because people go home and use their internet for their legitimate uses? Just the sheer number of subscribers is the problem. The ISP has over-subscribed their resource beyond it's capacity to deliver promised bandwidth.

The usual scapegoat is the illegal downloader, much like the old scapegoat of PLDT of the tele-babad user of their old analog phone lines clogging up the system. It is just an excuse NOT to upgrade their system to meet up with the user/subscriber service demand on their system.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 7th, 2011 at 09:20 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Btw, kahit ano pang ISP yan sa kahit anong bansa. May traffic shaping yan. Iyon nga lang mas mataba ang bandwidth nila kaysa sa sa atin.. pero again, gaano man kataba ang bandwidth eh finite resource pa rin ito kaya kailangan i-cap or i-shape.

In other countries, the bandwidth the ISP provides is ten times bigger than what we have here.

Internet bandwidth is a limited flow issue, not a limited data volume issue. So why limit the volume?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

May mga lean hours naman iyan,- so dapat magamit din iyon, di ba? Else, lost capacity/volume na iyon....

12.7K:fart1:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

May mga lean hours naman iyan,- so dapat magamit din iyon, di ba? Else, lost capacity/volume na iyon....

Wag! ... that's when we online gamers enjoy the best connection speeds.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kaya nga bro.GH,- magamit ang capacity,- ipagamit sa mga online gamers...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I think its being implemented already, slow browsing na ako if sabay yung pagdownload eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Why don't they go after those with OpenVPN and FBT/UBT cracks?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Globe moves to cap Internet data volume