New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ You can easily replace modem even with CDRking if you know the ATM settings(VPI.VCI) for Globe i think its 0.35. You also need to know the login parameters if its using PPPoE.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Kelan ka last ngpunta sir? Kasi sa SM AUra na globe nag assist sila regarding sa landline ko na barred at walang bill na dumadating. Sa MOA sa guard pa lang sabi di daw sila nag aassist nun.
    Matagal na sir but with a corpo leased line account. IDK now, AFAIK puro Telephone bundled ang DSL so dapat pwede..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hi guys. i was also tricked by that fraudulent Globe DSL. i am a Globe subscriber for 5 years now. ended my 1mbps contract, then i had my 2mbps contract for 4 years upgraded to 3mbps with landline 1299 per month. before any contract or upgrade of your account they will not tell you that you will actually only get a maximum of 2.5mbps and a 60% passing rate which they did not included in their contracts. so effectively i got a 500kbps upgrade for the full price im paying. my problem is that im in a new 1yr lock in period and if i terminate my account they are threatening to charge me 5,000 pesos termination fee. this is how they treat loyal subscribers. is there any way i can fight this termination fee legally or through customer rights agencies ? i think its time we fight Globe, PLDT, Bayantel, Smart etc. these companies are charging us filipinos way more money than what we get compared to the rest of the world. maybe its time we encourage foreign companies to expand their companies to the philippines and offer us a better deal. i cant wait for that day when Globe will finally realize they should have been fair to their subscribers.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobeSucks View Post
    Hi guys. i was also tricked by that fraudulent Globe DSL. i am a Globe subscriber for 5 years now. ended my 1mbps contract, then i had my 2mbps contract for 4 years upgraded to 3mbps with landline 1299 per month. before any contract or upgrade of your account they will not tell you that you will actually only get a maximum of 2.5mbps and a 60% passing rate which they did not included in their contracts. so effectively i got a 500kbps upgrade for the full price im paying. my problem is that im in a new 1yr lock in period and if i terminate my account they are threatening to charge me 5,000 pesos termination fee. this is how they treat loyal subscribers. is there any way i can fight this termination fee legally or through customer rights agencies ? i think its time we fight Globe, PLDT, Bayantel, Smart etc. these companies are charging us filipinos way more money than what we get compared to the rest of the world. maybe its time we encourage foreign companies to expand their companies to the philippines and offer us a better deal. i cant wait for that day when Globe will finally realize they should have been fair to their subscribers.
    I feel your frustration sir, Ako nga naainis din ako sa internet namin sa pilipinas sobrang bagal at mahal ang bayad. Sobrang bagal pa. Dito kasi sa ibang bansa nang minomonopolize nang 3 telecom companies ang internet. May isang bagong company pumasok at sinabi sa customer kaya nilang magprovide nang 1Gbps internet service. Hayun 70% nang customer lumipat sa kanila. Kaya nga hindi na ako nagpakabit nang cable tv dahil nakakapanood na ako nang movies at series sa veetle. Sana may mangyari ganyan diyaan sa pilipinas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i share your frustration with Globe DSL too.

i had mine upgraded from 3 mbps to 5 mbps using their promo which is 1,599/mo. During the upgrade process, the customer service representative told me that I have to settle muna yung outstanding bill ko which is 1,599. tapos nun, what i did not notice is that the payment was made on a different account number (kapangalan ko yung subscriber). so parang lumalabas hindi ako nagbayad and nakalibre yung subscriber na yun.

so na upgrade yung connection namin... but the problem is Globe is calling me on the non-payment daw, so when i checked the receipt, sa ibang account number nga. i had it reported to Globe's Customer Service face-to-face (hindi sa phone ha) explaining the discrepancy. they promised to fix the boo-boo.

after three months, Globe is still calling me on some outstanding account. Told them I had it fixed with their ATC office already. So para makasigurado, I again visited the ATC office kung saan ko ni-report yung discrepancy. Until I discovered na hindi pa pala nagagawaan ng aksyon yung report ko (imagine after 3 months, hindi pa din naaayos?)

Up to now..... I am waiting for the fixing of this account. Nag aantay din ako ng feedback sa Globe on the fixing.... And nagaantay din ako ng tawag na naniningil sila.

Different naman yung account ko sa cellphone..... Pag na crecredit yung bayad, two months behind. So my existing billing always reflect na may kulang pa ako whereas I pay it on time every month. So ang dami kong hawak na papeles na proof of payment.

Iba pa ang issue sa connectivity.... Masyado ng mahaba.....

So it came to a pass where I was really frustrated on this..... Disconnected my line and applied for another PP line with Smart. Sa Smart kasi, wala akong nagiging problema sa billing (I own a personal PP line) and wala akong nagiging problem sa connectivity.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; November 13th, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    my previous plan with them was 2mb for 1295.00.. then they called me na they will make it 3mb for 1299.00 (additional 4 pesos a month).. ok naman connection pero pansin ko pag peak hour.. malimit nag dro drop yung connection nag pupula yung modem..

mas malaki problema ko don sa mobile ko from globe.. nagpalit ako nang combo.. kasi yung dating GoSurf nila eh 100 pv points for 50mb.. eh yung ngayon 100 pv points for 100mb.. so pinapalitan ko.. ang nangyari nilagyan ako nang unliBB (for blackberry) eh hindi naman blackberry yung phone ko.. 2 months na ngayon di pa nababago..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    baka yung naibigay sa inyong modem yung na hack pa. wag ng tangkilikin ang globe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'd like to resurrect this thread instead of creating a new thread.

Globe sent me this and kudos to them from being proactive. A few months ago they also sent a message saying that they have fixed my connection. Both time I didn't report it. Kusa sila. But the problem isn't resolved.

The problem is intermittent. My Globe will lose connection 4 to 5 times a day. It won't reconnect unless you reboot it or turn it off and on, then it will connect in 3 to 15 minutes.

Yes, this is the 2nd time Globe detected the problem on their own and tried to fix it. But since it's intermittent when technicians visit us tatanung lang Kung may internet na kami, of course meron since reboot lang kailangan. I can't ask them to stay at my home for hours just to monitor the internet.

My 1st suspect is the router, why it isn't trying to reconnect whenever it loses connection? Tapos restart lang connected agad. My 2nd suspect is in their system. 3rd is the cable line, baka may disconnect pag humangin.

Any technical people here who can help? My Globe router is HG180. I'm thinking of asking/buying a new modem router from Globe. Pero baka hindi naman modem ang problem.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post

Globe sent me this and kudos to them from being proactive. A few months ago they also sent a message saying that they have fixed my connection. Both time I didn't report it. Kusa sila. But the problem isn't resolved.

The problem is intermittent. My Globe will lose connection 4 to 5 times a day. It won't reconnect unless you reboot it or turn it off and on, then it will connect in 3 to 15 minutes.

Yes, this is the 2nd time Globe detected the problem on their own and tried to fix it. But since it's intermittent when technicians visit us tatanung lang Kung may internet na kami, of course meron since reboot lang kailangan. I can't ask them to stay at my home for hours just to monitor the internet.

My 1st suspect is the router, why it isn't trying to reconnect whenever it loses connection? Tapos restart lang connected agad. My 2nd suspect is in their system. 3rd is the cable line, baka may disconnect pag humangin.

Any technical people here who can help? My Globe router is HG180. I'm thinking of asking/buying a new modem router from Globe. Pero baka hindi naman modem ang problem.

the last time we had an intermittent connection problem, 2 yrs ago yata, Globe replaced our modem free of charge. You don't need to buy it from them. The next time the technician will visit your place, ask them to replace the modem and observe it for a few days. also, you can ask them to check the cable connection from the post going to your house, sometimes may kamot na yung mga cable that may cause problems din.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post

Have the router replaced if restarting works..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast