New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nasa robinson si esmi today. Sabi niya nakabili sia ng e-cig sa may
    Robinson's Ermita worth 850 complete set na. Excited na nga ako
    ma try. Gusto ko na rin mag quit or ma lessen man lang ang pag smoke ko.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rotciv View Post
    it doesnt heklp you quit smoking. it containds the same addictive substance found in real cigarettes-- NICOTINE. it only vaporizes it and claims that using this you dont inhale the carcinogens found in real cigarettes anymore, but it doesnt tell you that due to the vaporizing effect, it also produces its own carcinogens.
    Nicotine produces carcinogens due to the vaporizing effect? Uhm... I'm not so sure about this... but don't worry, here's something from an article I saw:
    Even the professionals seem unclear as (45%) of GPs questioned believe that nicotine causes cancer

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepower View Post
    Nasa robinson si esmi today. Sabi niya nakabili sia ng e-cig sa may
    Robinson's Ermita worth 850 complete set na. Excited na nga ako
    ma try. Gusto ko na rin mag quit or ma lessen man lang ang pag smoke ko.
    Well, I hope your new e-cig works for you sir. I've heard some of the e-cigs from malls give a somewhat--- disappointing result.

Yung iba ang hirap daw mag-draw.
    Yung iba unreliable ang labas ng vapor
    Yung iba din ang bilis maubos ng charge ng battery.
    Di maganda lasa ng iba.

Can you please give us a review after trying it?
    May P1.200 lang na branded e-cig, yung eGo passthrough. Magaganda naman reviews nya.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    The post was correct in one other thing though: it's a relatively new technology so we don't know the long-term side-effects. We just know that it doesn't have the 4000 chemicals and the 40-60+ cancer-causing chemicals found in real cigarettes.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rotciv View Post
    it doesnt heklp you quit smoking. it containds the same addictive substance found in real cigarettes-- NICOTINE. it only vaporizes it and claims that using this you dont inhale the carcinogens found in real cigarettes anymore, but it doesnt tell you that due to the vaporizing effect, it also produces its own carcinogens.
    Here are some anecdotal reports of people who have finally stopped smoking and switched to vaping. I hope it will open your mind to the possibilities of vaping:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ccess-stories/
    i'm a smoker also and a doctor too. i want to stop smoking and almost tried this e cigarette but after researching... DI BALE NA LANG. Best way to stop is still going cold turkey..
    I agree that quitting cold turkey is the best method, and as you can see from the article below, most would also believe this is so.

Cold turkey

What is it?

"Cold turkey" means to give up smoking there and then, without the help of any medical aids and purely by using your own willpower and strength of mind.

How does it work?

The "cold turkey" method involves setting a date to give up smoking and then not smoking from that day onwards. You will have to cope with the withdrawal symptoms and prepare yourself mentally in order to be able to resist the temptation to smoke again. Some people just decide one day to stop smoking, although they may have been thinking about it for a while.

What is the success rate?

This is probably the most popular and quickest method of giving up smoking, although it is not the most successful. On the other hand, giving up smoking "cold turkey" style is an amazing achievement and most people will feel extremely proud of themselves if they manage to stop smoking using this method. Unfortunately the success rate is only between 5 - 10%. This means that out of every 100 people who give up smoking, only 5 - 10 of them will still not be smoking a year later.

Is this method safe?

Going "cold turkey" is extremely safe, as no other chemicals or drugs are involved. This is the safest method of giving up smoking and it is also the cheapest.

Are there any side effects?

There are no side effects of giving up smoking solely by using your willpower, although at times your sanity might take a turn for the worse.

What are the advantages of using this method?

• It is extremely inexpensive (you might have to stock up on chewing gum etc).
    • You are not putting any other chemicals or drugs into your body.
    • It is easy and doesn't involve a lot of planning.
    • You will not have to go to meetings, to the chemist, to the doctor etc.
    • You will begin to feel the benefits on your health immediately.
    • If you are successful it will boost your confidence and you will be able to manage anything.

Are there any disadvantages?

• The first few weeks will be incredibly tough.
    • The withdrawal symptoms will be more severe using this method.
    • The chances of success are quite low.
    • This is the most challenging method.
    • You must be completely motivated and determined to stop if you want to succeed.

Sad thing about this method is the very low success rate. What do you advise to patients who don't have the necessary will power/ support group-- Just continue smoking cigarettes because e-cigarettes don't have the necessary data on its safety yet? Would inhaling vegetable glycerine/Propylene Glycol plus flavors and nicotine be worse than inhaling conventional cigarette's 4000 chemicals and 40 carcinogens?

I say advise patients on the ways of quitting smoking: cold turkey, NRTs, nicotine tapering, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, etc.. and if it still doesn't work, let him have the option of using e-cigs and advising him that this is a fairly new technology and long-term side effects are not yet identified conclusively.

I say that we give patients all their options and explain to them all the advantages/disadvantages.

I dislike doctors who force their opinions on their patients.
    Give them their options then let them decide for themselves.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I agree... the cold turkey method has its benefits, but I know too many people who fell back into the habit after a while.

Stress causes them to go back to cigarettes. If there's an alternative that's less carcinogenic... why not?

E-cigarettes don't protect you from the harmful effects of nicotine, but:

-They don't expose you to the awfully carcinogenic effects of burning paper.
    -They don't have fiberglass filters exposed to extreme heat which can degrade and get into your lungs.

E-cigs still have fiberglass filters, but these are less stressed than in cigarettes... hopefully soon we'll have different filter materials... but they're better than cigarettes... and less annoying to the rest of us who don't smoke than regular cigarettes.

Not healthy, likely, if you use the nicotine ones, but infinitely preferable in polite society to real cigarettes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Here's another anecdotal report:

I have been a cigarette smoker for over 40 years.

During that time I have smoked ten's of thousands of cigarettes and spent thousands of pounds, ruined my health and all for my craving for the drug nicotine.

Yes I am an addict, addicted to nicotine.

Over the years I have tried and failed to give up my addiction many many times.

Just some of the methods I have used to try and help me stop have been:-
    • Hypnotism, it just did not work on me.
    • Patches, I am allergic to them, I come up with big red sore marks when I put them on.
    • Gum, made my jaw ach and could not find a flavour I liked.
    • Inhaler, this just burnt my tong and I wanted a cigarette as soon as I put it down.
    • Snuff, Now I really liked this one, there are many flavours and textures but you can look a bit funny using
    it all the time in the 21st century and yes it does make you sneeze and it's not too pleasant having to blow your nose all the time.

Now I know that all of the above have worked for other people, but not for me.

So at the age of 58 I had given up giving up!

Even though smoking cigarettes may one day kill me.

Then six weeks ago my wife bought me a Electronic Cigarette Kit.

I knew that she had wasted her money but I had no choice but to try it.
    Within two hours I had changed my mind!

It feels just like smoking a real cigarette you get (smoke) vapour from the electronic cigarette, that you inhale as if it were smoke.
    To me it was just like changing my brand of cigarette, all smokers have done that.

It now looks as if I don't have kick my nicotine habit to be able to live a "normal" life.

No Fire means No Smoke!

Nothing is burnt when you "smoke" an electronic cigarette only a vapour is created.

When you breathe out it's similar to your breath on a cold and frosty winters morning, you can see it as you breathe out but then it instantly disappears.

No real smoke means that I can get my nicotine fix when and where I want to.

My first stop was down at my local pub. It was great to wipe that smug smile off the faces of the non smokers.
    There was me enjoying my vice without having to go outside and stand in the freezing cold.

And don't forget the smoking ban in Airports. Yes I can use my electronic cigarette even there.
    Then there is shopping malls, the work place and even company vehicles, ahhh!

No real smoke means, no smell, no passive smoking, no smell on your clothes.

So I have got some of my freedom back.

I can "smoke" every where!

That should be enough reason for me writing this but here is the <b>Real Biggy!!<b>

THE SIDE EFFECTS of an electronic cigarette

I can breathe freely again!

I was smoking 60 cigarettes a day.
    My morning smokers' cough could last two minutes and really began to hurt. Sometimes I felt as if there was a steel band around my chest.

The tars and toxins in the tobacco smoke were making me feel ill.

After six weeks of not giving up and using my electronic cigarette I feel great.

No morning cough, the steel band has gone and I sleep better.

I am not a doctor and I have not been to one but I know my own body, as I have had the same one for 58 years.

I can now breathe deeper and walk further than I could a few weeks ago.

From 60 cigarettes to 2-4 refill cartridges a day - just how much tar is NOT going into my lungs every day?

Smoking is not smart or clever but if you are like me and don't really want to give up,
    you really should give an <A rel="nofollow" onclick="javascript:_gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/outgoing/article_exit_link']);" href="http://www.electroniccigarette.uk.com">electronic cigarette</a> a try.

One thing I have forgotten to mention...I am saving a fortune!!

Enjoy your Vice
    Steve Vale

About the author:
    Steve Vale is a semi retired businessman originality from the UK. He now lives with his family on the beautiful holiday island
    of Lanzarote.

Here's the article: http://www.articlesbase.com/quit-smo...ts-736076.html

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ECig user for 47 days(and counting).

good morning sir praetor.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello sir wasted!

Congrats po!

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Found and posted by jlodvo at PVF:

Evidence suggests e-cigs safer than cigarettes, researcher claims
    December 16, 2010

In a new report that bucks the concerns raised by the Food and Drug Administration, a Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH) (sph.bu.edu) researcher concludes that electronic cigarettes are much safer than real cigarettes and show promise in the fight against tobacco-related diseases and death.

The review, which will be published online ahead of print this month in the Journal of Public Health Policy, is the first to comprehensively examine scientific evidence about the safety and effectiveness of electronic cigarettes, also known as e-cigarettes, said Michael Siegel, professor of community health sciences at BUSPH. The battery-powered devices provide tobacco-less doses of nicotine in a vaporized solution.

"Few, if any, chemicals at levels detected in electronic cigarettes raise serious health concerns," the authors said. "Although the existing research does not warrant a conclusion that electronic cigarettes are safe in absolute terms and further clinical studies are needed to comprehensively assess the safety of electronic cigarettes, a preponderance of the available evidence shows them to be much safer than tobacco cigarettes and comparable in toxicity to conventional nicotine replacement products."

The report reviewed 16 laboratory studies that identified the components in electronic cigarette liquid and vapor. The authors found that carcinogen levels in electronic cigarettes are up to 1,000 times lower than in tobacco cigarettes.

"The FDA and major anti-smoking groups keep saying that we don't know anything about what is in electronic cigarettes," Siegel said. "The truth is, we know a lot more about what is in electronic cigarettes than regular cigarettes."

Since coming onto the market in the United States more than three years ago, electronic cigarettes have proven to be controversial. The FDA has threatened to ban the sell of e-cigarettes and six national anti-smoking groups – the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Lung Association, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, American Legacy Foundation, and Action on Smoking and Health – have also called for the removal of electronic cigarettes from the market.

Their concerns are that the FDA has not evaluated any e-cigarettes for safety or effectiveness, that the devices contain dangerous chemicals, and that they are marketed toward children. In December, however, a federal appeals court ruled that the FDA should regulate e-cigarettes as tobacco products rather than as drug-delivery devices, such as nicotine-replacement patches or gum. The latter undergo much more stringent FDA regulations.

"Taking these products off the market would force thousands of users to return to cigarette smoking," Siegel said. "Why would the FDA and the anti-smoking groups want to take an action that is going to seriously harm the public's health? The only ones who would be protected by a ban on e-cigarettes are the tobacco companies, as these new products represent the first real threat to their profits in decades."

The report also reviews preliminary evidence that electronic cigarettes can be effective in suppressing the urge to smoke, largely because they simulate the act of smoking a real cigarette. E-cigarettes might also offer an advantage over traditional nicotine delivery devices, the authors argue, because smoking-related stimuli alone have been found capable of suppressing tobacco abstinence symptoms for long periods of time.

Provided by Boston University Medical Center
    http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-12-...igarettes.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
E-cigarettes