New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hi sir pa PM din ako please. Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Been a smoker for 16 years now... im now 14 days e cig user with out any real cigarette... I know its still early to count but this is my first time to quite... but Im vapping high Nicotine content for the first 10 days.. now reducing it by 6mg/ml.. Thanks sir praetor91313.. BTW 1st i Got the Joye 510 and since it come in 2 I gave the other 1 to my GF and it did work for her too... I'm now using Joye 510 and Indulgence still 510 and 3.7v vaping....

I just want to encourage all those smokers to try this.. hopefully it work for us.. hehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    There's now new model: the eGo passthrough. I'm suggesting this to newbies. Advantage over other models is that you can use it while charging plus when it's fully charged, you can use it almost the whole day since it has a 650mah battery.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Here's another article I found:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Electronic cigarettes effective in smoking cessation, US study suggests [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Greg Town [/SIZE]

Electronic cigarettes, battery-powered devices designed to deliver nicotine without any combustion or smoke, represent a promising smoking cessation tool, according to a report by researchers in the US.

Their study showed that people attempting to quit smoking with the help of these electronic cigarettes were almost twice as likely to be abstinent from normal cigarette smoking at 6 months compared with those using conventional nicotine replacement therapies. [Am J Prevent Med 2011;40(4):472-475]

“This study suggests that electronic cigarettes are helping thousands of ex-smokers remain off cigarettes,” said lead author Dr. Michael Siegel, professor of community health sciences at the Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, US. “These devices stimulate the smoking experience, which appears to make them effective as a smoking cessation tool.”

A total of 222 first-time buyers of a particular brand of electronic cigarettes responded to the researcher’s cross-sectional, online survey, a response rate of 4.5 percent. Overall, 31 percent (95% CI 24.8%, 37.2%) of the respondents reported being abstinent from smoking 6 months after their initial electronic cigarette purchase. Furthermore, the 6-month quit rate for those who had used electronic cigarettes more than 20 times per day was 70 percent. And of all those not smoking at 6 months, 34.3 percent were not using electronic cigarettes or any nicotine-containing products at the time.

The US government is considering a ban on electronic cigarettes, a move which Siegel argues will substantially harm the public’s health. “Banning this product would invariably result in many ex-smokers returning to cigarette smoking.”

Siegel, who claims to have no financial interest in electronic cigarettes, considers the devices to be a very effective means for helping smokers wean themselves off normal cigarette smoking. “In concept at least, this is exactly what we should be aiming for: a device that simulates smoking but which is relatively safe. The fact that anti-smoking groups are calling for a ban on this product rather than embracing it as a desired innovation is very troubling.”

Opponents of electronic cigarettes have argued that such devices present a new way for young people to get hooked on smoking. “While a theoretical concern, there is no evidence that young people are interested in using these devices,” said Siegel. “One thing that makes it very unlikely kids would take up ‘vaping’ is that they are very expensive; it costs at least US$60 for a starter kit. Moreover, it is relatively easy to control access to youths by simply regulating the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors. So this concern is not a valid one in terms of being a reason to ban the product.

“I think the primary reason for opposition to these devices is ideological, not science-based,” said Siegel. “There are already enough data to suggest that they are much safer than regular cigarettes, so I don’t think the science is the real reason. Instead, I think the opposition is ideological: driven by the principle that anything which resembles smoking must be a bad thing. In fact, what makes e-cigarettes so effective for many people in quitting smoking – that they simulate smoking – is precisely the reason why anti-smoking groups are opposed to these devices. It is a sad, though ironic, demonstration that the best interests of the public’s health are not what is driving anti-smoking groups’ positions. Instead, it is ideology.”

Adjunct Associate Professor Munidasa Winslow from the department of psychological medicine at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine believes these latest findings highlight the potential of another option for treating tobacco-dependent patients. “[Electronic cigarettes] seem to have a fairly good success rate over 6 months,” he said, adding however that more clinical data on their efficacy and safety would probably be required before they can be implemented as a smoking cessation tool. [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yung mga kakilala kong nag-try nito, bumalik din sa tobacco cigarettes.

May tendency daw kasi yung iba na wag tigilan since hindi naman "visually" nauubos yung "stick", so in effect "nakakarami" din sila.

Although gusto ko din itong i-try dahil "nakakaramdam" na rin ako.

Don't try those herbal sticks, mapapa-yosi kayo lalo ng totoo ... to rid off the bad aftertaste!

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Kumusta ng mga Vaper.. hehehe.. Tagal ko na nag e-cig almost 5 months na... I consume 1 10ml of 18mg e-juice in 10 days(Cost P200) and 1 510LR atomizer every 2 months(Cost P450)... so parang 1 pack a day din ang katumbas na nicotine and cost... so far so good.. no analog... Ang key dito is buy from reputable supplier para hindi kayo ma disappoint and buy quality e-cig.. ang pinaka important part ng e-cig is yung atomizer.. IMHO lang...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi sir, trying to pm you but seems your inbox is full.. anyway, do you have a website or pics where i can see this new model? how much does it cost? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    There's now new model: the eGo passthrough. I'm suggesting this to newbies. Advantage over other models is that you can use it while charging plus when it's fully charged, you can use it almost the whole day since it has a 650mah battery.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i'm using my vape for 10 days already with an e-juice of marlboro gold and migua.so far i haven't touch a single analog,it's a good thing i can vape discreetly inside the comfort room without the hassle of going out of the hospital,leaving my patients behind and coming back with the bad odor that comes from the analog=)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Using E-Cigarettes is not a proper way from stopping you from smoking because the smoker body craves for the nicotine if the level is getting low. Aside from the cost, others may lead back to smoking to the original cigarettes. The thing you inhale from E-cigarettes contains unwanted chemicals... so leads to other consequences in the long run. Not healthy! Do they provide thorough information of its ingredients? I don't think so!.....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Using E-Cigarettes is not a proper way from stopping you from smoking because the smoker body craves for the nicotine if the level is getting low. Aside from the cost, others may lead back to smoking to the original cigarettes. The thing you inhale from E-cigarettes contains unwanted chemicals... so leads to other consequences in the long run. Not healthy! Do they provide thorough information of its ingredients? I don't think so!.....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
E-cigarettes