New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pwede ako din pa PM ng contact.. thanks... I saw some of this in 168 mall parang hesitant ako bumili dun kasi baka hindi maganda quality.. thanks...

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Did you receive the PM I sent yesterday? I'm sending one again now, just in case.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Did you receive the PM I sent yesterday? I'm sending one again now, just in case.
    Got it sir.. thanks...

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Just found another seller from the south. He lives in laguna and can deliver at SM bicutan. heheh... mas malapit na sa kin. Got a Riva from him.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Wow! i sincerely hope all of you guys who use e cigarettes did your research first before using it. try looking up the latest study of the FDA regarding these scam cigarettes. To cut the story short :

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced that a laboratory analysis of electronic cigarette samples has found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze."

it doesnt heklp you quit smoking. it containds the same addictive substance found in real cigarettes-- NICOTINE. it only vaporizes it and claims that using this you dont inhale the carcinogens found in real cigarettes anymore, but it doesnt tell you that due to the vaporizing effect, it also produces its own carcinogens.

manufacturers of e cigarettes refute these findings of the FDA much like the tobacco companies decades before when they said that smoking is harmless. you guys wont know the effects until after a few years or so or until its too late.

i'm a smoker also and a doctor too. i want to stop smoking and almost tried this e cigarette but after researching... DI BALE NA LANG. Best way to stop is still going cold turkey..

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Uhm... I think you're the one who needs to update his research.
    Do you know, for example that the article you're quoting is over a year old? (July 22, 2009 in fact). FDA tried to stop the importation of e-cigs in the US but it has been overturned by a federal judge. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...arettes/33583/. January 2010 pa po yan.

They bought it to the court of appeals and again, they lost http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...s-as-drug.html. Bago lang po yan. It was released just yesterday.

Oh, by the way, congratulations for being a doctor. Are you a pulmonologist?

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Here are some more articles:
    From the FDA:
    [SIZE=3]"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced that a laboratory analysis of electronic cigarette samples has found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze."

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Is DG (Diethylene Glycol) considered toxic? The answer is yes. But what the FDA failed to mention is that the tested E-Cigarette cartridges had about 1/10 the DG that can be found in aspirin, and about 1/40 the amount found in your typical tobacco cigarette. It can also be found in a variety of consumable products on the market that we use daily. It's actually notan ingredient in anti-freeze. It's an ingredient in coolants. They mixed that up with PG (Propylene Glycol) which is actually put into anti-freeze in order to make the anti-freeze child-safeand/or pet-safe. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Not that it really matters much. But DG is actually not a typical ingredient you find in E-Cigarettes. It is typically used as a humectant for tobacco products; which would explain its presence in one out of the 18 E-cig cartridges tested. The presence of Nicotine typically means you will also find DG. If you were to test real cigarettes for this chemical, you would find it in %100 of the tested cigarettes. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]But, strangely, the FDA doesn't set an embargo on big tobacco.[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    [SIZE=3]Where can you find Diethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol?
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]You can find it in toothpaste, wine, dog food, mouthwash, cough syrup etc etc etc. You can find it in the fog-machines that pump the air full of the annoying stuff at concerts. You can find it in many of the pharmaceuticals that you ingest orally, get injected with, or apply to your skin.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]E-cigarettes contain propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine nowadays. So if you're still afraid of DG, remember they don't use it on e-cig liquids.
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    I know of a US-trained pulmonologist who, after trying out nicotine patches, gums, inhalers, etc. and every one of them failing, he would suggest e-cigarettes as a last resort.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir pa PM din, na try ko rin to weeks ago and ok rin siya parang papasa naman sa panlasa ng smoker. I also wanna quit.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
E-cigarettes