New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    mag kano naman refill niya? if sobrang mahal pati refill di sa regular cigarette na lang ako.
    Ang mahirap lang yung initial na gastos.
    For those new to vaping, ang maganda yung 510s. Model 510 sila and joye/dekang came out with the first one, I think. Tapos ginaya na sya ng marami. Malakas ang vapor production nila kaya lang yung regular battery ay 180mah lang so with heavy vaping, mga 1-2 hours lang ubos na. May ginawa silang megabatteries which have 280mah and with heavy use, they last only 2-3 hours. A joye 510 set, as you can see from the sites I PMed you would cost P1,950 and it includes two batteries, 2 atomizers, 5 cartridges, the charging set, and 3 free e-liquids. He also has a Joye 510 Titan kit which includes 2 megabatteries, 2 atomizers, 5 cartridges, and so on. It costs P2,350.

For those who want a longer-lasting battery, there's the Riva, T-rex, and eGo. their batteries are 650mah I think. This could last you half a day of heavy vaping but they cost around 3-4k, Riva being the cheapest. Again, a kit usually includes two batteries, two atomizers, 5 cartridges, a charging set, and free e-liquids.

What's more, reviews I've seen swear to the vapor-producing capacity of these mid-range personal vaporizers. One reviewer said when he tried inhaling the vapor, he almost coughed his lungs out because he inhaled too much too quickly! One also said when he used it in his car he had to crack the window open so he can see where he's driving. That's how good the vapor production and throat hit are!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    I got side-tracked.

The tip of the unit opposite the LED is the cartridge. It's the one you put on your lips to inhale the vapor. This is also where you drop the e-liquids.

A cartridge costs P150/5 cartridges and each cartridge, depending on how much you use it and how you take care of it, can last you 2-4 weeks-- each. So it's really cheap.

The e-liquid costs P250 for nicotine-containing ones and P200 for non-nicotine containing bottles and each bottle holds 15ml of e-liquid. You put in anything from 3-10 drops anytime you feel the cartridge isn't giving you a strong flavor. I've been using my PV for almost a week and I've yet to reach the middle part of one bottle!

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Other costs you should be aware of are the following:

Battery: costs P750-1k for the joye 510. It's a lithium-based battery so it should last from 500-1000 cycles depending on how you take care of them.

Atomizer: costs around P400 each and they could last 2-3 months with heavy use but some users are claiming that with the proper care they could last 6 months.

A vaper from another forum calculated his PV vs conventional cigarette consumption/cost and he claims he's actually saving money.

Of course, there's still the argument that you're just replacing one addiction with another addiction, but hey, lesser of two evils right?

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    I forgot to mention two new innovations to personal vaporizer:

Cartomizers: these are cartridges and atomizers in one single unit. They cost a lot more (P250 each) but instead of putting in 3-10 drops, you can fill it with 1.8ml of e-liquid and this should last you the whole night!

Passthroughs: There a seller who sells an eGo passthrough in tutuban. It costs just P1,200 and includes just the battery, an atomizer, and the USB charging cable. What's good about it is that you can use it while charging and it has a 650mah battery which means if you remove it from the charger, you can still use it for almost half a day.

Low Resistance (LR) atomizers: these atomizers heat up quicker and they run hotter, giving you more vapor and better throat hit. Down side is you can only use them with the stronger batteries (650mah, I think) and they have shorter lifespans.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    A vaper from another forum calculated his PV vs conventional cigarette consumption/cost and he claims he's actually saving money.

Of course, there's still the argument that you're just replacing one addiction with another addiction, but hey, lesser of two evils right?
    Too right.

Aside from the fact that an e-cig doesn't have the annoying (and carcinogenic) smell of burning paper, you get 100% of each "hit"... instead of having the thing smoldering the whole time.

Take it out of your pocket. Take a toke or two. Put it back in. With cigs, if you need a quick hit, you light it, take several puffs (because it's a shame to waste it) then you have to stub it and put it back or throw away the rest of the stick.

*disclaimer, not a smoker, but I've tried the (non-nicotine) e-cigs. I have done the hookah (with flavored tabacco) on occassion, but I hate the smell and taste of cigarettes.

-

pa-PM yung name ng guy who sells the 510s... I'm getting my Dad a set for Christmas, and I think he'll enjoy it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks for the info praetor91313 really appreciate it.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pa pm din ako sir..

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good evening sirs.

I was going to post the site addresses of the sellers I know so members can take a look at them jst to how much they cost, what were the different models available, etc. but decided to re-check the site rules first and I saw this:

8) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums.
    I decided to just continue sending PMs to members who ask, so as not to inadvertently break any break any of the site's rules.

Again, I have no connections with these sellers. I've ordered my unit from one of them and was quite satisfied with how he conducted his business. I give no guarantee that your own experience would be as pleasant.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sent you PMs, sirs Qwerty and Niky.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Sent you PMs, sirs Qwerty and Niky.
    Thanks a lot!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
E-cigarettes