New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    para mabilis at ang set up latest na kaya 50k yun.CPU lang bibilhin ko oks na muna itong monitor.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    LOLZ worth 50k na desktop mahal nun dude
    makakabili kana worth 15k lang super bilis na pwde
    na makapaglaro ng pang PS4 na games :hysterical:
    kung ako sayo bili kanalang ng imitation after 3 years lang laos na
    bibili ka pa ng worth 50k then after 3 years laos na din e di sayang lang pera mo :hysterical:

tabi mo nalang pera mo na sobra pagawa ka ng maraming humps sa harap ng bahay nyo
    para hindi bumarurot si pampam mo hehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Slightly OT, anyone knows who the authorized local distributor and/or retailers of Intel Desktop Boards?
    hmm, any shop selling Intel processors should have them sir. PC Express meron.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Mabagal na itong desktop pc ko which is worth 70k during college days.

My old set up was
    Pentinum 4 3.00Ghz
    512 RAM
    Windows XP Professional
    DVD writer by Sony
    DVD rom by Samsung
    D-link modem
    ATi Radeon Videocard
    Asus Motherboard
    Imaster pero pinalitan na.

Ito balak kong specs

Intel i7
    1TB hard disk seagate
    8gb memory
    Geforce video card probably worth 5k
    DVD writer sony
    DVD rom samsung
    Windows 8 OS
    Motherboard(wala pa akong alam na brand basta yung sinabi ni GH na with six or more SATA sockets (with RAID options), eSATA ports, USB 3.0.
    Power supply ano ba magandang brand nito?

Sobra sobra na ba or kulang pa yung 50k dito?

Yung pwede pang gaming din at mabilis yung pc.

Thanks.
    The 70K is within expectation as that's also the cost of my previous P4 Prescott rig.

I see you enjoy your computers naman so I'll be pitching in na rin.

1. For your GPU, a budget of <10,000php is ideal. The cheaper you go, the more cost-efficient you are in depreciation. Unless you plan on playing the latest games at their highest resolution, 5,000php is more than enough.

2. No RAID setup. It's too complex and not worth the added cost. I'd suggest a 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD combination instead. For the SSD, you can opt for budget drives such as ADATA SP900s or go for the more mainstream ones - OCZ Vertex 4s, Samsung 830s, etc. Personally, I use two 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 however our office PCs are using 64GB ADATA SP900s for their budget meals. I wouldn't worry about the benchmarks as, in real-life, you'll be hard pressed to feel a massive difference in 300MB vs 500MB seq reads. However, the jump from traditional HDD whether 7200RPM or 10,000RPM to SSD will be humongous.

3. Memory is a well.. depends. The rate by how memory progresses is simply astounding. As you built your P4 rig, dapat alam mo yan. 128MB was the "norm" then when I got 512mb. Fast forward a few years, 1GB was the "norm" in 2008 when I built my C2Q rig with 4GB. Now, 4GB na yun "norm" so I suggest 16GB of DDR3 1033mhz.

Why the allowance? Because phased-out RAMs are expensive. DDR2 now is selling 2-3x more than their 2008 counterparts thanks to limited supply. So while you can, stock up.

Why not a faster ram or lower latency? Not worth it for the price-performance you're getting. So stick with a lower speed... but just add to the amount.

4. For the DVD-ROMs, well. To each his own nalang yan. I'm not a fan of internal cd drives as I find most of them stop working after two years or so. Not to mention that I'm just using them occasionally. Eventually, I opted for an external cd drive reader instead which I find very convenient just in case I need to install something on the go (ex. laptop, office PC at another site, etc.)

5. For the OS, sanay ka na ba? Almost all models nowadays ship with Windows 8, but I still find Windows 7 attractive enough for the back-to-roots type of computing. I know my way around Windows 8 but I'm finitely more comfortable with Windows 7 and so does our office staff and this is why I support Windows 7 over 8.

6. For your motherboard, that also depends on your taste. As an enthusiast kasi I don't compromise on my mobo. However I simply suggest a get-what-you-need type for most. First is you need to know which chipset you'll be going for.. these are the Z77, B75, etc. (LGA 1155 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia look under Ivy Bridge chipsets). As for the brand, I'm not brand-loyal naman as most of these are well-reputed na. ASUS has a reputed following in their motherboards but MSI is also cost-competitive. ECS is locally manufactured and should be more affordable than their foreign counterparts.

7. For the PSU, Seasonic is very well-reputed but is quite pricey. I suggest you stick to something like Corsair who still has their reputation behind them but isn't going for prestige pricing of their products. For the enthusiast, usually rail power tinitignan mo but overall power isn't bad so look for around 600W as I find that's the most ideal PSU wattage nowadays with headroom for future upgrades. As a previous Tsikoteers says, you don't really need 1000W but it can't hurt too if that's your thing. Personally, I'm using Thermaltake's ToughPower 1000W (because I got it cheap and it's modular) but most of our office PCs use Corsair VS450 as their basic entry.

As to where you'll purchase them -- GIlmore. Banawe is to cars as Gilmore is to computers. PC Options typically offers the lowest pricing and I've built two of my rigs from them but lately, I find myself being a repeat customer of PCHub. If you'd like I could probably construct a PC for you at that budget.. but you'll have to wait probably later tonight or on Nov 2 -- whenever I'm free

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Habang pinapagawa ko yung laptop nung isang araw ito nakita ko sa pc store nila.

Intel i7-4770 8,660(can't remember the complete price) mas mataas na kukunin ko sinabi nung friend ko na i7 ang bilhin ko.
    Asus 13,000
    Sparkle Geforce 660TI 16,450
    WD 1TB hard disk 3,700(Panget na daw seagate sirain daw)
    Lite on lang na DVD writer meron sila.
    Modem hindi ko nacheck kung magkano sa kanila.
    PC casing 4,500-5,000.

Kung ganun pa rin price nung motherboard at video card kukulangin yung 50k.hehe.
    Magtitingin pa ako sa ibang pc store.
    Last edited by gearspeed; November 30th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    modem? hindi na uso yan

bilisan mo na bumili ... baka abutan ka ng i100

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Habang pinapagawa ko yung laptop nung isang araw ito nakita ko sa pc store nila.

Intel i7-4770 8,660(can't remember the complete price) mas mataas na kukunin ko sinabi nung friend ko na i7 ang bilhin ko.
    Asus 13,000
    Sparkle Geforce 660TI 16,450
    WD 1TB hard disk 3,700(Panget na daw seagate sirain daw)
    Lite on lang na DVD writer meron sila.
    PC casing 4,500-5,000.

Kung ganun pa rin price nung motherboard at video card kukulangin yung 50k.hehe.
    Magtitingin pa ako sa ibang pc store.
    yung i7 4770 15k+ presyo niyan
    10k+ lang pinakamahal na Asus board
    Sparkle video card saksakan ng panget! daling masira! Palit ang matibay
    WD 1TB green ang kunin mo
    Lite On ok yan nag burn ako ng mahigit 500 CD di pa bumibigay
    modem? wala ka bang DSL?
    Casing? nakakatulong bang bumilis yung setup mo niyan?

mag windows 95 ka siguradong napakabilis boot up niyan

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi Gearspeed, the first question I ask anyone who wants to build a PC is this -Para saan mo gagamitin?
    It's important to know the purpose of the computer so you don't buy anything you don't need, and also so that you don't scrimp on the important components.

You weren't very clear on this PC's purpose, but based on your posts, here's what I infer:
    - You want a PC that will last several years before being outdated
    - You're not exactly a PC enthusiast (if you were, you wouldn't have to ask here) and you don't overclock either
    - You're not really into PC gaming, or if you are, not to the extent that most PC enthusiasts play
    - The PC will be for used primarily for menial tasks (office work, watching movies, internet surfing, ****) with perhaps the occasional photo/video editing and gaming

If I'm wrong with any of these assumptions, please correct me so I can revise my recommendation for you.

With that in mind, here's what I suggest:

Prices and parts are from PC Hub Gilmore

Of course, you'll be asking, "why those parts?"
    I'll try to be as simple as I can:

* CPU: Let me make it clear - YOU DON'T NEED AN i7. The difference between an i5 and an i7 is Hyper-Threading, or virtual cores. Unless you do a lot of video editing, you don't need it, not now, not in the next 5 years. The i5-3470 is immensely powerful as it is, and will definitely last you a long time.

* Motherboard: The only reason I see to buy an expensive motherboard is if you overclock, which you probably don't do. Cheaper boards aren't exactly less reliable. AsRock is a subsidiary of Asus and is the 3rd largest motherboard manufacturer in the world. They wouldn't have gotten there if their products weren't durable. The H77 Pro4 already has all the features you need in a board.

* RAM: RAM is expensive nowadays, and the sweet spot is 8GB RAM. Average users don't need more than 4GB yet, so 8 GB is future-proof for you. You can always add 8 GB more for a total of 16 GB should the need arise, and by that time DDR3 would be cheaper. The Crucial Ballistix Elite is already high-frequency, low-latency RAM - that means it's better than the RAM that most other people have.

* Video Card: The Radeon 270X is a video card that can play ANY game in FULL HD. It can even play most games on a tri-monitor setup without a sweat. It's very future-proof and will still be useful for games in the next 5 years. If you don't play lots of intense games (i.e. Crysis 3, F1 2013, etc), you probably don't even need it, you can use the built-in graphics of the i5 which can handle simple games like DoTA 2, Sims, or whatnot.

* Hard Drive: Get a 2TB hard drive since it's not that much more expensive than a 1TB. Simple as that.

* SSD: SSDs make the biggest difference in your PC's responsiveness (boot time, application loading time, etc). You only need 120GB because you will only be installing your OS and most used programs here, and 120GB is more than enough. Your videos and music should go to the 2TB hard drive.

* Power Supply: Seasonic is one of the most renowned PSU brands world-wide, and they produce high-quality PSUs. Gold PSUs are still expensive and you don't need them. Their S12II Bronze rated PSU is virtually as good for only half the price.

* Case: The Bitfenix Shadow looks good and has great cooling. Here's how it looks:

* Monitor: The LG 23EA63V is an IPS monitor, which means it has much better colors than the usual monitors other people have. It's also wall-mountable if you're into that. Looks great too:

* DVD Drive: As jhnkvn mentioned earlier, barely anyone uses these now. It's much better to have an external drive that you only plug-in when the need arises. Plus, you can use it on your laptops or other PCs too.

Overall, this is a PC build that will last you a long time before being obsolete, and has all the essential parts with none of the fluff you don't need.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jut703; November 30th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Thanks sa tip sir.
    Panget pala nung sparkle spark sira pala yun kung ganun.hahaha.
    Hanap muna ng ibang video card.Yung Inno 3D 32k kaso sold na.
    Yung nakita ko na isang Asus motherboard na worth 16k sabertooth yung isa pala 9,500 WM7 or W7 ata yung model na yun.

Sir jut703 for gaming,pag kailangan mag photoshop,multipurpose na pc atbp.
    Tsaka para mabilis din kaya ganun ang naset ko na worth yung custom pc.
    Yung 70k na old pc namin hanggang ngayon gumagana pa yun nga lang mabagal na.
    Ang pinalitan lang namin dun ay hard disk,video card at yung power supply.
    Baka dun na lang ako sa dati kong binilhan ng pc.
    Last edited by gearspeed; December 1st, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks sa tip sir.
    Panget pala nung sparkle spark sira pala yun kung ganun.hahaha.
    Hanap muna ng ibang video card.Yung Inno 3D 32k kaso sold na.
    Yung nakita ko na isang Asus motherboard na worth 16k sabertooth yung isa pala 9,500 WM7 or W7 ata yung model na yun.

Sir jut703 for gaming,pag kailangan mag photoshop,multipurpose na pc atbp.
    Tsaka para mabilis din kaya ganun ang naset ko na worth yung custom pc.
    Yung 70k na old pc namin hanggang ngayon gumagana pa yun nga lang mabagal na.
    Ang pinalitan lang namin dun ay hard disk,video card at yung power supply.
    Baka dun na lang ako sa dati kong binilhan ng pc.
    Yung sinuggest ko GS, sobrang lakas niyan sa gaming. Like I said, all performance parts with no fluff.

Just to clarify with you, Sparkle and Inno3D aren't video card makers. Only AMD and nVidia make cards - these companies simply package them and tweak a little. Mas importante pa rin kung ano yung reference card.

Also, why in the world are you looking at the Asus Sabertooth. That's intended for overclockers, yung mga nangangalikot ng PC nila magdamag to get the best clock speeds possible. Spending 16k on a board is stupid if your other parts aren't as high-end, and lalo na if you don't know how to maximize the board din naman.

It doesnt mean that a PC is expensive, it's fast and built to last. I can easily make you a 70k build with all fluff and fancy highend parts, but is actually slower than a good 30k PC. And that's what a lot of PC shop salesmen do - sell you their most expensive item because they know youre the type to believe that expensive = fast. Try to avoid such purchases para di sayang pera mo

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast