New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Help please, this screen appears whenever I boot my laptop, can anyone help me please, thank you...

error-bios.jpg

Edit add: I just press ok, and everything goes to normal

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ano b magandang laptop ngayon, ok ba yung DELL lagi sya sa top 1

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post

Ung Asus laptop brand na binili ko last 2014 (mag 6 years na) gumagana pa hanggang ngayon. Take note, wala pa ko napapalitan na parts even ung battery gumagana pa. Pinaka issue lang ngayon ay kelangan na ireformat + upgrade or add ng additional ram since mabagal na hehe.

Maganda kasi review ng Asus lalo na sa motherboard nila.

HTH!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004

May Asus and Dell kami both 15.6" i5. Mas matibay ang feeling ng Dell pero mas may features ang Asus like the finger reader and a better vid card for a similar price.

Sabi ng Dell Phils wala daw warranty issue with DIY upgrades as long as walang physical damage. The day after I got it nilagyan ko agad ng 512GB SSD. I DIY installed an SSD in the Asus as well as soon as the warranty expired.

Both are doing well after more than a year of daily use. The Asus is my son's FPS laptop while the Dell is my work and play machine. I bought mechanical keyboards for both to preserve the onboard keys.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hinahanap ko Yung pinakamalinaw I think 4k display na pati pinaka mabilis na, para paabutin ko ulit NG 10 years
    Meron akong acer laptop January 2012 pa binili hindi pa tumitirik hangang ngayon ginagamit ko pa dati halos 12 hours a day pero ngayon 6-8 hours pero matibay pa rin, pero balak namin kumuha NG bago Yung latest Sana specs top of the line
    First choice ko dati asus, next Yung macbook pro.. after ko manood kay youtube ngayon Dell na, pero pinagpipilian ko pa Rin, malaking bagay din kasi Yung virus eh
    Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NiCe2KnowU; February 19th, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hinahanap ko Yung pinakamalinaw I think 4k display na pati pinaka mabilis na, para paabutin ko ulit NG 10 years
    Meron akong acer laptop January 2012 pa binili hindi pa tumitirik hangang ngayon ginagamit ko pa dati halos 12 hours a day pero ngayon 6-8 hours pero matibay pa rin, pero balak namin kumuha NG bago Yung latest Sana specs top of the line
    First choice ko dati asus, next Yung macbook pro.. after ko manood kay youtube ngayon Dell na, pero pinagpipilian ko pa Rin, malaking bagay din kasi Yung virus eh
    Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Lenovo X1 Carbon - Quad-core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 4K (2160p) display

Macbook Pro 13.3" - Quad-core i5, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD, Retina (1600p) display

Build quality of the X1 Carbon is top-notch. Mine is a year old but still feels more solid than the brand new HP Envy X360 I bought for my mom.

I also have an older Lenovo Ideapad Y310 from 2008, still works to this day. Macbooks are also quite durable, my 2013 MBP still works today.

If you're set on getting a Dell, the XPS line is really good although I still feel the X1 Carbons are built tougher.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Build quality of the X1 Carbon is top-notch. Mine is a year old but still feels more solid than the brand new HP Envy X360 I bought for my mom.

I also have an older Lenovo Ideapad Y310 from 2008, still works to this day. Macbooks are also quite durable, my 2013 MBP still works today.

If you're set on getting a Dell, the XPS line is really good although I still feel the X1 Carbons are built tougher.

Laptop ko sa work Lenovo X1 Carbon din.. Sobrang gusto ko dahil sobrang gaan at manipis.. Tsaka gusto ko yung keyboard.. gusto ko tunog kapag nagta-type.. Naha hype ako, feeling hacker na meron kelangan idecrypt tapos nadecode.. satisfying.. Hahahahahaha Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Thanks sir, icheck ko yan

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Totoo. Napakaimportante kaya ng cut/copy paste.

News
    The Computer Scientist Responsible for Cut, Copy, and Paste, Has Passed Away
    Andrew Liszewski
    Yesterday 10:54AM
    Filed to:Larry Tesler

The advent of the personal computer wasn’t just about making these powerful machines available to everyone, it was also about making them accessible and usable, even for those lacking a computer science degree. Larry Tesler, who passed away on Monday, might not be a household name like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, but his contributions to making computers and mobile devices easier to use are the highlight of a long career influencing modern computing.

Born in 1945 in New York, Tesler went on to study computer science at Stanford University, and after graduation he dabbled in artificial intelligence research (long before it became a deeply concerning tool) and became involved in the anti-war and anti-corporate monopoly movements, with companies like IBM as one of his deserving targets. In 1973 Tesler took a job at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) where he worked until 1980. Xerox PARC is famously known for developing the mouse-driven graphical user interface we now all take for granted, and during his time at the lab Tesler worked with Tim Mott to create a word processor called Gypsy that is best known for coining the terms “cut,” “copy,” and “paste” when it comes to commands for removing, duplicating, or repositioning chunks of text.

Xerox PARC is also well known for not capitalizing on the groundbreaking research it did in terms of personal computing, so in 1980 Tesler transitioned to Apple Computer where he worked until 1997. Over the years he held countless positions at the company including Vice President of AppleNet (Apple’s in-house local area networking system that was eventually canceled), and even served as Apple’s Chief Scientist, a position that at one time was held by Steve Wozniak, before eventually leaving the company.

In addition to his contributions to some of Apple’s most famous hardware, Tesler was also known for his efforts to make software and user interfaces more accessible. In addition to the now ubiquitous “cut,” “copy,” and “paste” terminologies, Tesler was also an advocate for an approach to UI design known as modeless computing, which is reflected in his personal website. In essence, it ensures that user actions remain consistent throughout an operating system’s various functions and apps. When they’ve opened a word processor, for instance, users now just automatically assume that hitting any of the alphanumeric keys on their keyboard will result in that character showing up on-screen at the cursor’s insertion point. But there was a time when word processors could be switched between multiple modes where typing on the keyboard would either add characters to a document or alternately allow functional commands to be entered.

There are still plenty of software applications where tools and functionality change depending on the mode they’re in (complex apps like Photoshop, for example, where various tools behave differently and perform very distinct functions) but for the most part modern operating systems like Apple’s macOS and Microsoft’s Windows have embraced user-friendliness through a less complicated modeless approach.

After leaving Apple in 1997, Tesler co-founded a company called Stagecast Software which developed applications that made it easier and more accessible for children to learn programming concepts. In 2001 he joined Amazon and eventually became the VP of Shopping Experience there, in 2005 he switched to Yahoo where he headed up that company’s user experience and design group, and then in 2008 he became a product fellow at 23andMe. According to his CV, Tesler left 23andMe in 2009 and from then on mostly focused on consulting work.

While there are undoubtedly countless other contributions Tesler made to modern computing as part of his work on teams at Xerox and Apple that may never come to light, his known contributions are immense. Tesler is one of the major reasons computer moved out of research centers and into homes.
    Larry Tesler, Modeless Computing Advocate, Has Passed Away

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Help please, this screen appears whenever I boot my laptop, can anyone help me please, thank you...

error-bios.jpg

Edit add: I just press ok, and everything goes to normal
    Seems like a BIOS update that was interrupted. You could try looking at startup entries and deleting the task that executes that biosupdate.exe. CCleaner has a feature for looking at programs that load upon start up.

Or you could try a System Restore.