New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    car_girl,
    saan po ako makakakuha ng spyware? does it take long to download?

ice77 and ghosthunter,
    mga bossing.. yup, i think the problem is related to javascript.. kse napansin ko na if i try to click on a link or button that requires javascript, hindi siya gumagana. tama ka rin sir ghosthunter.. wala akong copy ng IE.. and i'm using dial-up. paano kaya ito? where can i get a copy kaya (apart from the internet)?

the_wildthing,
    sir, i went to "internet options".. clicked on the "security" tab and "advanced" tab, and restored everything back to the default level.. pero it's not working pa rin.

badkuk,
    sir, saan po ako makakakuha ng copy of mozilla or firefox?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    schizo u can download spyware removal tools online, you can try any of the following:

Adaware

Spy Sweeper

HiJackThis

Mozilla web browser

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    btw, can you please also give me the website kung saan ko pwede download yung IE?

worst comes to worst, i'll just brave the long wait.

salamat tlaga sa mga tulong niyo!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Also use:

www.security.kolla.de

or

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

this is SpyBot... I use it in conjunction with AdAware.

Schizo, it's better to use Mozilla. It doesn't get trojans like IE does. No more webpage hijacks, trojans or any of the associated bullsh*t that you go through with IE. It's free atsaka maliit lang ang download. I have it installed as the web-browser on all my computers, and I haven't regretted that decision at all... My IE used to go down at least once every two weeks due to viruses and trojans, and I used to get hijacked every month. I don't get any of those problems anymore.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    update:

i started to download IE from the internet... i'm using dial-up so the estimated time was approx. 1 hour. i was about 80% done when...

you guessed it...

my computer hangs. bad trip! why does this always happen to me? hehehe...

anyway, i started fiddling around with the computer...

i went to My Computer - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs

i then highlighted "Microsoft Internet Explorer", and clicked on Add/Remove.

i was surprised by what happened next...

it gave me 3 options:
    - Add a component
    - Repair Internet Explorer
    - Restore the previous Windows configuration

"Repair Internet Explorer"!!! That's exactly what I wanted! I was 99% sure that this would fix the problem since we all concluded na may problem yung browser ko...

anyway, ok na!! tama kayo.. yung browser ko nga ang may problem. thanks to all who replied in this thread! laking tulong tlaga!! i don't really know what caused the problem in the first place, pero i'll definitely check out all those spyware and browser programs that was mentioned in this thread.

once again, thank you and more HP!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best way to eliminate spyware/adware is to do the following:

1) Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3
    2) Lavasoft Adaware SE (don't forget to download the latest definition file as well and upgrade)
    3) Spyware Blaster 3.2 by JavaCool Software

the first two as most of you know remove spyware/adware/malware. BUT using only one does not cut it. I've found that after almost a year of usage in an enterprise environment, using both eliminates virtually all spyware (as long as you keep yourself updated).
    the 3rd one basically prevents them from ever being installed in your computer in the first place. (also constant defintion upgrades are needed) in order to be totally protected.

hope this helps.

on a side note... DSO Exploit that is seen in spybot search and destroy is a windows flaw. you need to edit a registry entry for this option to go away (clicking on fix it on spybot and restarting and doing another scan will make this come back coz it was not really fixed w/o manual registry editing).

if you wanna know how to do it, just msg me.

P.S.
    make a backup of your registry before doing such.

i've tested this combination for almost a year and i have yet to be infected by spy/mal/adware.

"the price of freedom (from virii/spy/ad/malware) is eternal vigilance"

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just a little thing i noticed with spysweeper... it seems to be prone to crashing your system... which is why i stopped using it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think its better for you if you remove the IE in your system and substitute it with Nestcape 7.0 and up. IE is pathethic! I suggest you don't install any of the spywares and stuff coz it will only do you harm. Better to stay away with (.exe, .scr, .com, .doc, etc) file extensions. Just ignore the popup and the auto install java scripts. Also have a clean bootable disk for safety purposes.
    I know someone who infected his PC installing spywares and others like (Spyware, ADware, Java killa, Spybot).
    All you have to do is:

1. Have a backup HD
    2. Updated Anti viurs software
    3. Cd write all your important files
    4. Clean bootable disk
    5. Bootable AVP disk
    6. Ram upgrade in case you want your AVP always on.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    infected in what way may i ask?

no matter what PC browser you use, you will always get spy/mal/adware... only mac browsers are immune to this... i have not tested linux browsers just yet.

I use the programs I stated in a corporate setting and IT Security is my profession.

FYI: even if you have the latest antivirus software, you still aren't safe. Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0 does have a spy/mal/adware detection feature but it isn't done as extensively as the programs stated above (not to mention the 3 programs above are highly recommended by security sites and other reputable sites like cnet.com / zdnet / etc.)

-------
    from cnet.com

#1 Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition popular
    #2 Spybot - Search & Destroy popular
    #22 22 SpywareBlaster popular

http://www.download.com/3101-2001-0-1.html?tag=pop

------------

staying away from exe / com / doc files is also not advisable due to them being important files that people need to use. com/exe files are the applications that you need to run. doc files are ms word files which are used extensively.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
computer experts, need ur help!!