New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok thanks! need to upgrade my server kasi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can download Fedora Core 2 on redhat's website... or i'm sure you could find it in vira... hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di na kasi ako nagagawi sa vira :-) kelangan na ng license sa RedHat website eh kaya di ko ma-download. test server lang kasi yung ia-update ko. inis kasi itong oracle daming pre-requisites bago ma-install. may license ka ng oracle pero yung pagi-installan na OS wala hehehehe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    in any case, i rest my case. i don't want an argument. i was just here to help people. if you think you know better, then good for you, so teach the less knowledgeable your knowledge.
    no, i do not know any better. was only basing my post from your previous post. if you really are the it security chief, surely you must read the news and press releases to keep updated; no need to test everything yourself. i just have a problem with the "no browser is immune to this" thing. every advisory i found online has always been directed to IE and Windows users.

if you can tell us how you contracted spyware on your gecko based browsers, that'll help the firefox/mozilla users here.

not trying to argue either, just want to help like you everybody else.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    peace then roninblade...

sometimes you just don't have time to keep reading white papers and news regarding i.t.
    there are too many things to know and learn about...

and even after reading these white papers and such... to see is to believe.. .thus constant testing is in order...

---------

PS: remember to scan in SAFE MODE as active malicious ware cannot be deleted when running which then makes the program prompt for a reboot.
    Last edited by need4speed; October 11th, 2004 at 08:31 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dagdag lang...

dagdag niyo yahoo anti spy sa pang alis ng adware and spyware...may nalilinis pa siya after ko gamitin ang Ad-Aware at Spybot Search and Destroy..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Newbies:

Try the StartED program. It is quite good in eliminating resident trojans and spywarez in your PC. It is like the uncomplicated version of Msconfig.exe.

SOME TIPS:

Make Your Modem Dial Faster

Go to Start, Settings Control Panel, double-click on Modems, click on the properties button.
    Open the Connections tab and click on the advanced button. Enter s11=40 in the extra
    settings field. You can experiment with the value 40.

Enhance Memory

Right-click My Computer, select the Performance tab, click on the File System button.
    Change the machine role to Network Server. Instead of rebooting your PC, go to the Start
    button, Run..., type in REGEDIT then go to to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\FS
    Templates\Server\. Make sure the NameCache and PathCache are set to these binary
    values: NameCache - a9 0a 00 00 PathCache - 40 00 00 00. Exit Regedit and reboot. This
    will drastically enhance the use of upper memory, especially in machines with more than
    32MB of RAM.
    Last edited by mikaztro; October 11th, 2004 at 09:49 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    to mikaztro:

with all due respect sir, i was merely asking as to how your friend got infected due to these removal tools for spy/mal/adware. and your comment about avoiding those extensions you mentioned are rather vague and can be misinterpretted by newbies. thus, I had to explain why this can't be avoided. since we're fellow tech brethren, i feel that we should explain things a little better to the non-techies. i am not offended and i did not mean to demean you as well. I just wanted to clariffy things.
    Need4speed:

Point taken! It is a simple case of misunderstanding and miscommuniqué. At least our non-techies will benifit from this discussion.

PEACE TO EVERYONE!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    try checking on tools --> internet options --> advanced tab. click mo lang restore defaults baka may kumalikot na ibang tao dyan. if not, try updating your browser with a newer version. this will usually fix the problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
computer experts, need ur help!!