New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post

very expensive IMO... i'm using a More Thing Safara Collection sleeve and smart cover combo with Invisible Shield as back protection... i don't like the added weight. one more thing, i like the Ipad 2 in it's bare glory.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    One thing I hate about the iPad 2 smart cover is that it can scratch/corrode the iPad's back. Happened to me. I didn't realize moisture condenses between the magnetic strips and the iPad's back. Now my ipad 2's back has some ugly corrosion. To those using the Smart cover and similar magnetically-attached covers, do make sure to wipe dry your iPad after coming from a really cold place out to a warm humid one (such as from my cold car out into my office parking lot).

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Good thing i have Invisible Shield at the back... My ipad 2's flawless.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Question, pag bumili ba ako ng iPad 2 3G dito sa Singapore, gagana pa rin yung 3G nya sa pinas? Sorry noob question again.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Question, pag bumili ba ako ng iPad 2 3G dito sa Singapore, gagana pa rin yung 3G nya sa pinas? Sorry noob question again.
    Yes, you can use it here.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ganyan talaga pag mahal kasi nabili ng mga "insecure" na tao. Dapat justified mo kung bakit so siyempre dapat sabihin mo na da best kasi yang products ng Apple.

Now this does not mean I hate or think that all apple owners are mayabang or insecure. Ipod is great IMO BTW. Kaso nga naging cult na sila due to the mentality of being "da best" or being "different than the rest". Dami kasi naman dyan porma lang binibili liek noong nauso Sony Viao. Kahit overpriced kasi dami pa rin bumibili. Ako, I always go for value-for-money proposition
    same here, i always go for the value for money stuff. now ive been itching or trying to convince myself that i need the ipad but just cant seem to find the reason.

other than play, how do you guys use your ipad for work? can i do heavy stuff on excel with it? or do powerpoint presentations on a windows based template? tia

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    same here, i always go for the value for money stuff. now ive been itching or trying to convince myself that i need the ipad but just cant seem to find the reason.

other than play, how do you guys use your ipad for work? can i do heavy stuff on excel with it? or do powerpoint presentations on a windows based template? tia
    I have found out that I can do a good chunk of my work with an iPad, and I have the following installed for work-related stuff:

VNC, RDP, and RDesktop to access and manage servers remotely (in conjunction with a VPN)
    DocsToGo to be able to Open/Edit/Create Word and Excel files, and Open and Edit (in notes mode) PowerPoint
    AwesomeNote for note taking and task reminders
    DropBox for file sharing over the cloud
    Skype for audio/video communications
    SketchbookX and Bamboo Paper for drawing/sketching rough diagrams and wireframing
    Blueprint for doing screen mockups for i-Devices

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a .NET compiler nor a PHP development environment for the iPad *lol* so for those I continue to use my trusty ThinkPad, hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    Other than play, how do you guys use your ipad for work? can i do heavy stuff on excel with it? or do powerpoint presentations on a windows based template? tia
    Im sure you are not aware, but more and more business and sales presentations are done on the portable and interactive iPad. Specially for 2-4 client group size.

Setup Time: 5 Seconds.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Im sure you are not aware, but more and more business and sales presentations are done on the portable and interactive iPad. Specially for 2-4 client group size.

Setup Time: 5 Seconds.
    i agree, for portability nothing beats the ipad but i'm after doing the presentation on the device not just for the final presentation

Apple IPAD thread