New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Not sure I understood your post, but FWIW, the PDF vulnerability is already there even before performing the jailbreak. In fact, Comex exploited this back door and used it to gain access into iOS to perform the jailbreak.

Supposedly, Apple is working on iOS 4.3.4 to patch this up. But then, you'll lose the jailbreak. To patch the security flaw without having to resort to running the to-be-released iOS 4.3.4, you can run the "PDF Patcher 2" from Cydia.
    In any computer ecosystem, you have two choices: be closed, or be open. Either choice carries with it a series of pros and cons. With Apple, it chose to be closed. There is no official open marketplace for the iPad. Everything is done through the App Store. The reason is to establish a firm control on the platform and minimize leaks and breakages. Of course, any system can be broken, thus you have Jailbreaking. However, note that a Jailbroken device can no longer take advantage of warranties.

To clarify my statement, it wasn't meant to be specific on the PDF vulnerability. It was meant to illustrate the fact that Jobs never liked open systems in terms of how his ecosystem is managed. Of course, Apple itself supports open standards (such as HTML5), but the way these standards are implemented in the Apple ecosystem is via proprietary means... like you can only sell apps officially through the App Store, or you can only compile code via Apple's tools, or you can only create official Apple apps if you are a member of the Apple Developer network.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    anong magandang cover sa ipad2, aside from smart cover nila?
    I bought mine at amazon. It's a leather cover made by Bear Motion. Link below
    Bear Motion

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    anong magandang cover sa ipad2, aside from smart cover nila?
    Otterbox Defender

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use SwitchEasy CoverBuddy for iPad2 in combination with Smart Cover.

Signature

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Using Belkin Snap Shield for Ipad 2 :

Belkin : Snap Shield for iPad 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baduy ba yun parang leather portfolio for Ipad 2? yun zipper all around? parang ganito

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    problema kasi dyan nagiging bulky na yung ipad. hindi na masarap hawakan, para ka na rin naka laptop.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I agree with boybi... makes the iPad too bulky.

Plus, it makes the owner look "un-young" to put it politely, hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ The Hermes costs $1,400... Twice more expensive than the iPad it's designed to protect. :D

I only have a black Viva Vercaso Vibrant book-type case and I already find it pricey at P1,900.

Apple IPAD thread