New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I have found out that I can do a good chunk of my work with an iPad, and I have the following installed for work-related stuff:

VNC, RDP, and RDesktop to access and manage servers remotely (in conjunction with a VPN)
    DocsToGo to be able to Open/Edit/Create Word and Excel files, and Open and Edit (in notes mode) PowerPoint
    AwesomeNote for note taking and task reminders
    DropBox for file sharing over the cloud
    Skype for audio/video communications
    SketchbookX and Bamboo Paper for drawing/sketching rough diagrams and wireframing
    Blueprint for doing screen mockups for i-Devices

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a .NET compiler nor a PHP development environment for the iPad *lol* so for those I continue to use my trusty ThinkPad, hehehe!
    thanks, i think im beginneing to regret my question hehe i do alot of financial computing and data forecasting on excel, is it possible to copy graphs generated by excel and/or link data sheets to powerpoint via Docstogo? tia

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I use my iPad 2 around 40% of the time in the office against my laptop. As for presentations, showing the presentation through the iPad is easy, but making them on the iPad is more of a challenge. For that, nothing beats a PC/Mac.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    thanks, i think im beginneing to regret my question hehe i do alot of financial computing and data forecasting on excel, is it possible to copy graphs generated by excel and/or link data sheets to powerpoint via Docstogo? tia
    Unfortunately at the moment, DocsToGo does not support graphing or object linking. Not a big deal on my side, but for someone into financial computing like you, I guess it's a potential deal breaker. It does import most formulas but it's closer to Excel 97-2003 features than 2007/2010 and minus the graphs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Unfortunately at the moment, DocsToGo does not support graphing or object linking. Not a big deal on my side, but for someone into financial computing like you, I guess it's a potential deal breaker. It does import most formulas but it's closer to Excel 97-2003 features than 2007/2010 and minus the graphs.
    oh well that's still money saved in the bank hehe but will still monitor developments on the ipad, who knows maybe someday i might just find the need to get one

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    iPad3.......paaaaaasssok!

http://technology.inquirer.net/3555/...d%E2%80%94wsj/

Apple planning early 2012 launch for new iPad—WSJ
    Agence France-Presse

NEW YORK—Apple plans to begin trial production of a next generation iPad in October with an eye to an early 2012 launch, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday. The newspaper, citing “people familiar with the situation,” said Apple is working with component suppliers and its assembler in Asia on the iPad 3 and has ordered key components such as display panels and chips. It said the next generation iPad is expected to feature a high resolution 2048-by-1536 pixel display compared with the 1024-by-768display on the iPad 2.

The Journal quoted one unidentified component supplier to Apple as saying that the company has placed orders for parts for about 1.5 million iPad 3s in the fourth quarter. Apple sources parts for the iPad around Asia and assembles the tablet computer at Taiwan’s Hon Hai Precision Industry Co.

Apple sold 9.25 million iPads last quarter.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^more details...

Retina Display-equipped iPad 3 looking more and more likely for early 2012 -- Engadget

Well, the Wall Street Journal's headline certainly isn't going to surprise you -- Apple Developing New iPad -- that has been a safe assumption since the iPad 2 was announced. Rumors are circulating though (some, for quite a while) that are painting an increasingly convincing picture of a Retina Display-equipped slate shipping in early 2012. Reports are in that suppliers have already received Q4 orders for parts that may eventually find their way into Apple's next tablet. Can we say for certain that the iPad 3 will hit shelves in Q1 of next year sporting a 2048 x 1536 screen? No, but it's starting to look more and more likely.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pucha talaga oh! na update ko accidentally ipad2 ko!!! ano balita sa JB ng 5.0.1? damn it!!!

kaka bad trip!!!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    5.0.1 na gamit ko sa iphone 4 ko, pm me kung sino interesado sa contact person ko. highly recommended.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    This year na ba ang released ng iPad III ?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by compact
    5.0.1 na gamit ko sa iphone 4 ko, pm me kung sino interesado sa contact person ko. highly recommended.
    Hinde na kailangan ng technician mag JB na JB ko na rin iPhone ko last week, next week ipad2 naman pag labas ng JB..

Apple IPAD thread