New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pauna lang guys, debate is healthy...other than that is not...

keep to ball rolling...
    Last edited by kimpOy; October 2nd, 2006 at 10:11 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Here is an incident even a blind man will take notice: How can Fernando Alonso who is 25 seconds behind on 3rd place catch up and overtake his teammate Fisi when both of them are already on dry tyres, if not for TEAM ORDERS.

How the tables have turned. I don't hear anyone complaining though. Looks like as long as you are not Michael Schumacher, it's perfectly okay to let your champion teammate miraculously rocket himself ahead so he can defend his title or risk being lynched by an angry mob of conquistadors and matadors.
    Hehehe... that's were you separate the fanboys from racing enthusiasts.

Yup - Team Orders are a given fact in F1. What's funny is how people scream holy hell when their not-so-favorite driver/team pulls this trick... then just clams up when their favorite driver/team pulls out a fast one.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    go Schumi!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "A reporter also asked Schumacher, 37, whether he was bothered about a Renault engineers' radio call - captured live on worldwide television - sarcastically saying 'poor old Michael' when it became clear that the German would not be near pole." . This was during qualifying Saturday afternoon.

Now this one is not going to help Renault's image a bit.....

I am sure that other camp/s are acting this way too...
    Tsk... tsk... tsk... - but talk about thinking aloud on worldwide TV! Whew! Priceless!

:starwars:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kung may cable lang kami gusto ko ito mapanood.Go schumi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i didn't see the race so i can't comment. but i'm not in favor of 'team orders' regardless of which team does it. but the rules and scoring system of F1 encourages it, so here we are stuck with a lot of BS in almost every season.

F1 has to fix this. maybe they could double the number of teams and limit each team to enter only 1 car and driver (yeah, that's probably a pipe dream :hihihi: )

all the trash talking and arguing about fastest laps and qualifying time means nothing. what counts is Schumacher/Ferrari 1, Renault 2-3.

what was that Renault engineer thinking with his trash talking? i'm sure he didn't mean it to be broadcast to the world, but congrats for giving your arch rival and living legend some extra motivation...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    di na nga pala tie hehehe.Schumi is now leading the driver's championship ahehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by noj View Post
    jackie stewart once said "the best way to win a race is by maintaining the least speed required to keep the other guy well behind" :naughty2:

That's what Michael practically did to Alonso. That's the trademark b1tchslap from Schumi. hehehe...

Fisi didn't have to push so hard because Jenson was 72secs from his back. There's no point in chasing Alonso as it won't bring him any benefit for his Driver standing.

When Alonso overtook Fisi, i knew, it's a team order. It's too obvious. Even at the podium, seeing Fisi's sad and disappointed face despite winning 3rd.

Obviously, Schumi is really smart, even knowing how his opponents would react (like fisi going wide on turn 1). At the last lap, he was in cruise mode because there's no point in going any faster and riskin a spin because he knows that the tyres aren't that good in wet.

Alonso closed the gap to 3secs when it rained, mainly because Schumi slowed down having calculated he'd win albeit in an inferior package.

At the end of the day, people would remember that on Oct 1, 2006, Michael Schumacher in a Scuderia Ferrari car won in Shanghai disregarding everything else about the GP.

What i like about him is that he has the least of arrogance. Very humble for not crediting himself even for the victory he orchestrated.

This is one of the most exciting race(s) i've seen so far this year.
    Last edited by Horsepower; October 2nd, 2006 at 03:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The best way to tell what the Renault (drivers and team) were up to during the Chinese GP is to listen to the unedited pit-to-car radio. I'm sure they have those recorded somewhere. That would be very interesting to listen to.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Hi BoyFerrari,- I am a Ferrari/MS fan like you. But please, let's not take away the great effort from Alonso. I think he deserved number2 for this race, as he drove like hell, after the screw up in the pit. As I said earlier,- Renault/FA is championship caliber, too.
    Yes, Alonso deserved to be No.2 for this race, that's why Flavio instructed Fisi to let the Spaniard pass through. Yes, he drove like hell to catch up Schumacher, but please drop the fastest lap times issue that he was faster than Schumi on dry tyres since Schumi was not in a mood for a shootout in the final laps (he recovered his brain to avenge his past Hungarian GP mental block). I don't deny the talent of these drivers, I am just saying that conclusions were made using the wrong incidents. Try to pick situations when these two are neck-to-neck, and not when the other was simply reading a pocketbook all the way to the checkered flag.

By the way, I'm just teasing people here who are allergic to F1 team orders. In fact, when Alonso was catching up on Fisi, I literally shouted at Fisi on the TV set to get out of the way and let him through. That's the game plan. And that's exactly what Fisi did. So there's nothing unusual about it. It's Formula 1 team racing.

In Suzuka and Brazil, I expect Massa and Fisi to do their job and block the others. Sabi nga ni Steve Slater ng Star Sports: It's MANO-Y-MANO!!! It's Alonso versus Schumacher. The rest can join Raikkonen in the DNF pitlane.

p.s. Pansin ko lang, talagang hindi matanggap ng iba dito that BOTH Schumi and Fisichella had switched down their engine RPM in the final laps when the podium order was already determined -- kahit i-post mo pa yung mismong interview nila. They kept insisting Alonso was beating Schumi with fastest lap times while the Ferrari was running on low rpm. That would be an insult to Alonso, if you ask me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
its a tie!