New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    There are no specific rules which explicitly prohibits the use of team orders and it is really upto each team which road they want to go down to. No need to be an apologist for Renault and Alonso bec. they are already quite saintly, sinless and have a "do-no-evil" image, based on your previous posts.
    aren't team orders banned by the FIA? in fact i remember hearing on tv that teams actually have "code words" for team orders, like telling the driver in front to conserve his tires, conserve his engine, etc..

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    aren't team orders banned by the FIA? in fact i remember hearing on tv that teams actually have "code words" for team orders, like telling the driver in front to conserve his tires, conserve his engine, etc..
    Havent seen/read their rules, so I cant say for sure if FIA really banned the practice, but so far so one (driver or team) have been punished yet, despite the obviousness or its sometimes pervasiveness when a championship is about to be decided.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Havent seen/read their rules, so I cant say for sure if FIA really banned the practice, but so far so one (driver or team) have been punished yet, despite the obviousness or its sometimes pervasiveness when a championship is about to be decided.
    Only because its so hard to prove.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Go Schumi!

Well, team order or none, it's a sport, it has its loop holes and to use it to gain the most advantage is what makes it exciting. Imagine if its just a plain old single driver, one car head to head with another, going about for four to five seasons, that IMO is boring, speed and skill, parang bunong braso lang, sino mas malakas, not much strategy.. This present platform utilizes both the teams' and the driver's speed, skill and BRAINS. And remember that F1 (and most other..)besides being a sport is also a business

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    NEWS Schumi was spotted here in the Philippines last month while getting money from a local bank. He was diving with friends in Apo island in Dumaguete. Confirmed with some friends, they saw daw 3 big yatchs anchored off the island.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
its a tie!