New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think the point of the original author is this:

We DO NOT have to love, much less tolerate the stupid, greedy and evil officials in our country. We are welcome to study abroad and to work abroad if that will sustain our incomes and allow us to grow as professionals and as individuals. It is laudable that people sacrifice time away from their families to provide a better life for them, and for us to try to grow beyond our limitations here...

BUT:

It doesn't mean that we have to shake the dust off our feet when we leave our country. Just because our country is corrupt and underdeveloped doesn't mean we must hate it. Hate the leaders, hate the social conditions, but do not hate the country. Why? You can change the former, but you can never truly change the latter. You will only have one motherland.

The author is right: if economic conditions go south, the world may stop seeing us as assets and begin to see us as liabilities. After all, Pinoys are hired because OUR LABOR IS CHEAP. Yes, we have talented laborers in all fields, but so do most other countries. If they experience an economic downturn, they will prioritize their native labor over Pinoys and other foreigners. Look at what is happening now in Europe: guest workers from the Maghreb (North Africa) and Turkey were welcomed in the boom years of the 50's to 1973. When the boom ended, the migrants were treated as strangers in a strange land, and the issue of repatriating them or integrating them into European society now haunts Europe.

If that happens, where will our brethren go? The only country that will allow them in... will be our own. After all, we only have one true homeland.

So, where does that leave us on dealing with migration: here's my suggestion: study abroad, work abroad, learn as much as you can. But when you are financially and personally fulfilled, return to the country and share what you have learned. Put up a school, a foundation, or a business. Teach. In that way you have taken care of yourself but you also leave something better for the next generation. You don't have to enter politics to help your country. Look at what foundations like Gawad Kalinga, Habitat for Humanity, WWF-Philippines, Greenpeace or Tahanang Walang Hagdanan do.

That is exactly what young Japanese did in the Meiji restoration, what young Malaysians and Singaporeans in the 1950's, what Thais did during the 1970's (from our own universities, no less!), and this is what we can do. Its not impossible, really. After all, magaling naman ang Pinoy, diba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    1. society ito tlaga ng mga Family First before others!

2. society din ito ng mga rich and powerful

3. very limited ang social mobility dito kng gzto mo umasenso. you will be pressured by the system. at kng gzto mo umasenso you will have to play their game which is napakadumi at yan ay kng kaya ng konsensya mo. the only way na umangat ka is kng mang aagrabyado ka mangurap magsuhol lahat! gzto mo ba maglaro sa buhay na ganun?

4. there is no such a thing here as an American Dream kng kayat wala tayong vision as a whole kng saan tyo tutungo. we can not even call it a dream because it is a nightmare for many especially those na kumakain nlng ng tira tira sa basurahan

I might as well go somewhere else...

where my skills will be greatly appreciated and rewarded fairly
    (skilled workers abandon ship to make a statement!)

where i can be more productive and beneficial to their society

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *PLEASE NAMAN, NO TEXT SPEAK DITO* I understand you are limited to 150 characters in a text message but here its bottomless so please type out your words

Back to topic: Well ako din naman, I only care for my arse and my family's arse. So I will leave too if things don't pan out to well here.... They don't care about so why should you care about them? Survival >> Loyalty!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

Survival > country

Take that John Mangun!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thais not Thailanders btw.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Indulge me for a minute:

If "survival" is all that's important,

What are you going to do when other countries no longer welcome Pinoys?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa mga umalis na at mga aalis pa, wag nyo lang kalimutang bumalik dito ha....dalhin nyo din lahat ng pera at mga talinong nakuha nyo pag balik.

Tatanda din kayo and where else will you be very welcome pag tanda mo kundi dito din sa bayang sinilangan mo. Malamig yata sa America at Canada, baka lalong pahirapan kayo ng arthritis nyo dun, he-he-he

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Thais not Thailanders btw.
    hehehe the caffeine didnt kick in yet when i was typing that

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    how about telling the politicians to migrate.....and we will live happily ever after.
    Last edited by Isuzoom; April 24th, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    [QUOTE=kevinpunzalan;1059809]I think the point of the original author is this:

We DO NOT have to love, much less tolerate the stupid, greedy and evil officials in our country. We are welcome to study abroad and to work abroad if that will sustain our incomes and allow us to grow as professionals and as individuals. It is laudable that people sacrifice time away from their families to provide a better life for them, and for us to try to grow beyond our limitations here...

BUT:

It doesn't mean that we have to shake the dust off our feet when we leave our country. Just because our country is corrupt and underdeveloped doesn't mean we must hate it. Hate the leaders, hate the social conditions, but do not hate the country. Why? You can change the former, but you can never truly change the latter. You will only have one motherland.

The author is right: if economic conditions go south, the world may stop seeing us as assets and begin to see us as liabilities. After all, Pinoys are hired because OUR LABOR IS CHEAP. Yes, we have talented laborers in all fields, but so do most other countries. If they experience an economic downturn, they will prioritize their native labor over Pinoys and other foreigners. Look at what is happening now in Europe: guest workers from the Maghreb (North Africa) and Turkey were welcomed in the boom years of the 50's to 1973. When the boom ended, the migrants were treated as strangers in a strange land, and the issue of repatriating them or integrating them into European society now haunts Europe.

If that happens, where will our brethren go? The only country that will allow them in... will be our own. After all, we only have one true homeland.

So, where does that leave us on dealing with migration: here's my suggestion: study abroad, work abroad, learn as much as you can. But when you are financially and personally fulfilled, return to the country and share what you have learned. Put up a school, a foundation, or a business. Teach. In that way you have taken care of yourself but you also leave something better for the next generation. You don't have to enter politics to help your country. Look at what foundations like Gawad Kalinga, Habitat for Humanity, WWF-Philippines, Greenpeace or Tahanang Walang Hagdanan do.

That is exactly what young Japanese did in the Meiji restoration, what young Malaysians and Singaporeans in the 1950's, what Thais did during the 1970's (from our own universities, no less!), and this is what we can do. Its not impossible, really. After all, magaling naman ang Pinoy, diba?[/QUO
    kUNG LAHAT NG MGA NASA ABROAD GANITO ANG PAG IISIP, ANG ACCELARATION NG PAGUNLAD NG PILIPINAS , MY BEST TIME MAYBE 0 - 60 MPH WILL BE LIKE 3.3 SEC

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Stop Pinoy Migration!