New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    woohoo! may natanggap akong email na may job offer sa lucas films :D yes!
    That's good news! Sir, ano'ng pelikula gagawin mo?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yun clones episode daw nila eh...ewan ko lang ba kung matatanggap ako,nagulat na lang ako may nag email,im not betting on it though. mabebenta ko kaagad yun kotse ko eh kabago bago pa sa akin nito,3100 lang natakbo huhuhu...sana mabenta ko ng maganda if ever

teka,na OT tayo hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala akong paki! basta ako,aalis ako. hindi ko na matiis ang corruption at anarchy dito!

sama ako ng lima dyan pare

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Aguilar is not the best looking person or official in the city.

But he has indeed transformed the place to a model city in the country.

One thing I don't particular like though is the way his people are managing the traffic in Zap-Alab Road. Because of short sightedness and lack of proper training, we are infamously known for being the "counterflow capital of the country"
    If you have gripes, the phone numbers of every department head in Las Pinas is at the official Las Pinas City web site:

http://laspinascity.gov.ph/?page_id=26

Call em up. There's also an email address. Bring up your issues and back it up with pictures if possible. Explain to them what is against the law and that being public servants, they should uphold the city ordnances.

They won't know it unless there's feedback from their constituents. They can't fix a problem if someone doesn't make a stink about it.

By the same token, if you think they're doing a good job, a kudos email wouldn't hurt either. I know there are many posters here who live in Las Pinas. But how many here have provided feedback to their city government or even know this web site exists?

I've sent a couple of "Good job, Mayor" emails before and I don't even live there anymore..

Add: Residents should always provide feedback to their city governments. They're public servants, not royalty in some imposing, inaccessible castle.

OT
    Oh yeah. I remember the mayor when he was still young and skinny with those scrawny "chicken legs" of his. He He

Back then, he was so light-complexioned he could've passed for caucasian. In fact, I thought he looked like a moustached Freddie Webb (PBA basketball player)
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 25th, 2008 at 04:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    woohoo! may natanggap akong email na may job offer sa lucas films :D yes!
    naks...ikaw pala ang bagong R2D2?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    buti kung kumasya ako dun sa lata na yan! animated yun series by the way.

to tell you the truth,las pinas has improved a lot in my opinion...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mas magaling pinoy sa animation

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    opo!

katulad mo malaki din binabayaran kong buwis iba pa yung per computer na binabayaran ko (400 per computer)iba pa yung mayor's permit at buwis.... buwis... buwis... buwisit!)

Bro syur,- hindi naman siguro kasing laki ng buwis mo ang ibinabayad ko, pero masakit pa rin sa bulsa.....

5909:burn:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    buti kung kumasya ako dun sa lata na yan! animated yun series by the way.

to tell you the truth,las pinas has improved a lot in my opinion...

OT: Yes, I remember reading this in the news some weeks ago.... Push for it bro.! (Kanino mo iiwanan ang mga pitbulls mo?)....

Isama mo kaya riyan sa project mo si jedi....

5909:burn:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I don't think there's a single person here who said living overseas is all sunshine and daisies. In fact, most say the opposite. We have to work very hard to get where we are now. It's people over there who think we simply pick our money from trees.

Here if we fail, we don't readily blame the government. The first people we blame are ourselves. We have only ourselves to blame if we can't feed our families.

I certainly agree with you people can succeed over there. My sister found success over there and my wife had a job there when I met her.

I have to disagree about having a charismatic leader. I rather have a butt-ugly, no-people appeal, boring leader who knows how to do the job than a charismatic one because oftentimes, charisma is all a charismatic leader has. Take John McCain. He rarely makes speeches here because he's busy at work. He often comes out as too quiet and boring. But, I've been to the absolute poorest section of town and guess what? The streets are clean and orderly, every house has the familiar blue and green trash bins, graffiti is at a minimum. Of course, there are more cops patrolling there than other parts of town. But that's besides the point. Someone up there's doing their job. To me, that's more important than people-appeal.

Similarly, are there any controversies involving the Las Pinas city government? How do they compare to the rest of Manila's politicians? I have to ask because I haven't heard anything about them at all. To me, it sounds like they're too busy doing their job. Here's their website:

http://www.geocities.com/laspinascity/
    Why do people think that you simply pick your money from trees? Which I know you dont.
    People like Hitler, Emperor Hirohito and Magsaysay can mobilize a great majority of people towards a goal and even dying (war) to achieve it. If someone can do that then what can he not do? What if you have a charismatic leader who knows how to do the job?

Statements like "I've been to the absolute poorest section of town and guess what? The streets are clean and orderly, every house has the familiar blue and green trash bins, graffiti is at a minimum. Of course, there are more cops patrolling there than other parts of town." makes me pack my bags ride a plane and live in that town.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 25th, 2008 at 11:00 PM.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Stop Pinoy Migration!