New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've long wanted to boycott Chinese brands. The tainted dog food really did it for me! It's just hard to do since a product may not indicate made in China but one of its raw materials could come from China. If given a choice between a Chinese and Non-Chinese brand, I always choose the non-Chinese brand. I do love the made in china stationery and stickers. Not much hazard in buying those,

BTW, I just read online not to buy those dinnerware in Divisoria. It's not safe daw, I forgot what material makes it unsafe. I have always wondered why it came so cheap. Now I am glad we are still using our dinnerware from when my parents got married. LOL.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yesterday I did some DIY repairs at home. May mga products naman na Made in Malaysia na good quality. Yun na din binili ko. Kung may alternative maybe in some small way puwede nga talaga gawin ito. Para sa Cr nga pala mga gamit na yun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Read the BAR CODE! Products made in China have bar codes starting with 690, 691, 692, 693, 694 and 695.

Those made in Taiwan start with 471.
    Last edited by yebo; June 28th, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    boycott made in china ....vietnam did it....this maybe my small contribution to help our AFP

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    FYI, as Top gear site, article about the Haima hatchback, nag comment ako kung bakit mga pinky dapat pa bumili ng Chinese brand, alam naman nila na niyayare tayo sa west Philippine sea. May mga naasar sakin

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    FYI, as Top gear site, article about the Haima hatchback, nag comment ako kung bakit mga pinky dapat pa bumili ng Chinese brand, alam naman nila na niyayare tayo sa west Philippine sea. May mga naasar sakin

Considering you've made the same comment on articles that aren't about Chinese cars, it's pretty much considered spamming.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Actually it was a wrong post, too late before I realized it

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually it was a wrong post, too late before I realized it

Ah. Forgiven then.

But to answer here, also:

It's difficult to figure out how and where to boycott to have an effect. Many of our local industries are dependent on Chinese supplies, and many local "manufacturers" have taken their operations partially or wholly off-shore.

While we can focus on those brands owned by Chinese mainlanders... then the question becomes: Who suffers more? The primary company, of which our local distributor is a tiny hundred or two hundred unit a year outlet? Or the local distributor, who has to pay for those units whether or not they get sold?

I think it's unfair to the local distributor if they began the partnership even before the Spratly Island issue became a hot topic... they've already invested hundreds of millions in this thing, and that's not money you're ever going to see again if you boycott for political reasons.

Same as with gas station owners when people were calling for the boycott of the "big three" back in 2008 (and even then, it wasn't the "big three" at fault, it was hedge fund managers and market speculators).

Can't fault people for wanting to be patriotic (and, indeed, I never hesitate to remind people of which cars are built in the Philippines in our articles!), but the issue, it is complicated.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah. Forgiven then.

But to answer here, also:

It's difficult to figure out how and where to boycott to have an effect. Many of our local industries are dependent on Chinese supplies, and many local "manufacturers" have taken their operations partially or wholly off-shore.

While we can focus on those brands owned by Chinese mainlanders... then the question becomes: Who suffers more? The primary company, of which our local distributor is a tiny hundred or two hundred unit a year outlet? Or the local distributor, who has to pay for those units whether or not they get sold?

I think it's unfair to the local distributor if they began the partnership even before the Spratly Island issue became a hot topic... they've already invested hundreds of millions in this thing, and that's not money you're ever going to see again if you boycott for political reasons.

Same as with gas station owners when people were calling for the boycott of the "big three" back in 2008 (and even then, it wasn't the "big three" at fault, it was hedge fund managers and market speculators).

Can't fault people for wanting to be patriotic (and, indeed, I never hesitate to remind people of which cars are built in the Philippines in our articles!), but the issue, it is complicated.
    I apologize for making that comment in your article. It was not my intent to call for a boycott, but reading back, it may have come across as such. I take notice to the fact that the Chinese gov't always says one thing & does something else to the contrary. That is why it gets to me when they say they want to further their economic relations with our country (I just hope they reciprocate,in allowing our products to freely sell in their country). The Chinese gov't is currently the largest economy in the world & was recently announced that they increased their military budget (hence, building their military). Lest we forget, China is a communist country, & as communist countries go, the citizens work together to the whims of the government, whether they like it or not. Don't you find it scary that they have claimed 90% of the South China sea, & is continually claiming more of it. They are practically on our doorstep & most Filipinos act like nothing is happening. My intent was just to make people aware of the issues. I do not hate the Chinese,nor do I hate the Fil-Chinese & the Taipans. But when your country's future is at stake, it is but natural for us to react. I hope you understand.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I apologize for making that comment in your article. It was not my intent to call for a boycott, but reading back, it may have come across as such. I take notice to the fact that the Chinese gov't always says one thing & does something else to the contrary. That is why it gets to me when they say they want to further their economic relations with our country (I just hope they reciprocate,in allowing our products to freely sell in their country). The Chinese gov't is currently the largest economy in the world & was recently announced that they increased their military budget (hence, building their military). Lest we forget, China is a communist country, & as communist countries go, the citizens work together to the whims of the government, whether they like it or not. Don't you find it scary that they have claimed 90% of the South China sea, & is continually claiming more of it. They are practically on our doorstep & most Filipinos act like nothing is happening. My intent was just to make people aware of the issues. I do not hate the Chinese,nor do I hate the Fil-Chinese & the Taipans. But when your country's future is at stake, it is but natural for us to react. I hope you understand.
    Sorry also for calling it spam. I can see what happened now... it's happened to me to... a bug in TGP.

Sorry for assuming, also... a lot of FB comments on the Top Gear account are suggesting just that.

As for the Chinese Communist government... yes, it's alarming, but it's a result of the changes that the Chinese mainland has been going through these past decades. They were more alarming in the 90's, when they had the lion's share of manufacturing, but now, South East Asia is a threat to the monopoly, as Chinese factories moving out can attest to... prosperity and success are changing China, and the party has to adapt. That's why the Party is making so much noise against Japan, Taiwan and Southeast Asia... they want to stay on top of their people, but eventually, time and change will undermine the Party's authority.

China may claim and posture, but this is a country that could simply waltz right in with their warships. Instead, they're puffing up and making a lot of noise, but in the end, they'll have to sit down to the table and talk. (look at Chinese-Japanese business partnerships... or NoKor-SoKor partnerships... after the storms, business as usual) Because they need the global market, and getting blacklisted again, as they were after Tianamen, is not conducive to that.

-

Still... mighty happy PNoy ain't backing down. That kind of macho BS crap from another country in our backyard can't be allowed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Chinese products selling poorly in Vietnam