New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    mga sir, ano po ba pagkakaiba ng Isuzu Bighorn Plaisir at Isuzu Bighorn Lotus? ano po ba maganda? bibili kasi kami ng Bighorn today at may tinitingnan na kami kahapon. dalawa ung options namin, yong bighorn plaisir at bighorn lotus. yong plaisir ay medyo modern yong dashboard (curve type) while yong lotus ay box type yong dashboard. the problem is my dad and i have conflicting interests. i like the plaisir while he likes the lotus bec. its m/t and loaded while yong plaisir ay bare pa galing japan and still needs to be detailed and also yong tiningnan namin ung chasses ay may nakita akong leak (sa transmission oil ata daw) pls help me decide what to get coz my dad's decision is depending on mine. ewan ko kasi parang nabighani ako sa plaisir. help po!

Bighorn Plaisir
    - all stock ( i really love the floor mats! hehe)
    - stock color (green and dark gray fenders)
    - a/t
    - still need to be detailed/buffed
    - mas modern look kesa bighorn lotus
    - first owner kami d2 sa pinas

Bighorn Lotus
    - Loaded (stereo, american racing mags, pirelli big tires)
    - setup sounds
    - m/t
    - custom color (dark marron color and beige fenders)
    - from 550k na nageotiate namin to 520K

i really need some opinions on the bighorn owners. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    New Driver,

With your budget you can buy a local trooper. You just have to be patient in looking and DON'T BE IN A HURRY. Avoid being impress with the mags,tires, floor mats or accesories. What you have to look for in is an all original even dirty, scratched, minimally maintained but complete unit.

Unless you are a mechanically gifted being with cash to spare AVOID BIGHORNS and concentrate on local troopers.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir, friendly advice, avoid any converted isuzu bighorns.. I had one 2003 purchased from subic for 400K. It was the biggest mistake i did in terms of purchasing 2nd hand cars.. Sold it after 3 mos for 380K only after spending about 50k in repairs..

all i had was headache after headache.. technically, these converts are junks from Japan, refurbished here to look okay.. AVOID converted units from Japan..

If you have 500K budget, look for a decent 2nd hand local trooper. AVOID the headaches associated with Japan junks..

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    if you are new to car, kuha ka local trooper. malaki budget mo. kaya mo kumuha local

Had a Lotus for 2 years. Hindi ako nasiraan kahit isang beses. It was a model 92, 4JG2 unit with the suspension package from Lotus. I also owned a Pajero for 2 years also. Sa lahat ng nasakyan kong SUV the Lotus I think has one of the best suspension package. Ok I posted a comment on the other thread and would not suggest converted SUV's if:

1. It's your first car
    2. It's your only car
    3. You're not makalikot or DIY
    4. Your budget is just enough for the car

For your budget of 500K, I would suggest a local Trooper. I spent 100K on my Lotus to bring it to top condition. Replace all belts, new tyres & rims, new suspension, new electrical wiring and A/C, new steering gearbox. I did all of these as preventive procedures. Nag roro ako using this to Boracay and Roxas, Capiz and no problem at all. When I sold it nabawi ko naman lahat ng nilagay ko. But with the money you have I'd buy a local Trooper. You will just miss the huge sunroof and of course the suspension package. Mas marami naman mas mahalaga dun I think.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Its better to go to Auction. Medyo mahal pa yan price na yan lalo na kung second owner ka dito sa pinas. The Plasier kaya medyo modelo na ang dashboard niya kasi 1994 na siya at most lotus na benebenta dito 92-93 kaya kuwadrado pa ang dashboard. Kung 1994 up model ng bighorn lotus or plaisir man EFI na yan. Yung 1992-1993 na bighorn is not EFI mechanical pa siya. Okay naman either to the two kung ako papapiliin mo model 1994 plaisir or lotus 1993 sa plaisir na ako but if the same year model ofcourse sa Lotus ako.
    Tama sila garyq at 4jgtotsie sa budget mong 500K go for local trooper nalang less headache kasi if you buy the bighorn tapos hindi mo gagastusan delikado lalo na yung convertion niya kailangan palit lahat para sure ka. If you cang haggle the price to 400K or less at top condition naman go for it tapos palit mo nalang lahat. You can pm me because I own also a bighorn 1993 lotus kaya lang medyo ginastusan ko talaga at worth it naman. Iba kasi gawa sa japan na bighorn matibay ang body niya at suspension nya sabi nga ni garyq one of the best suspension ang lotus bighorn. I can help you just pm me if you need some inputs regarding bighorn.

Quote Originally Posted by new_driver View Post
    mga sir, ano po ba pagkakaiba ng Isuzu Bighorn Plaisir at Isuzu Bighorn Lotus? ano po ba maganda? bibili kasi kami ng Bighorn today at may tinitingnan na kami kahapon. dalawa ung options namin, yong bighorn plaisir at bighorn lotus. yong plaisir ay medyo modern yong dashboard (curve type) while yong lotus ay box type yong dashboard. the problem is my dad and i have conflicting interests. i like the plaisir while he likes the lotus bec. its m/t and loaded while yong plaisir ay bare pa galing japan and still needs to be detailed and also yong tiningnan namin ung chasses ay may nakita akong leak (sa transmission oil ata daw) pls help me decide what to get coz my dad's decision is depending on mine. ewan ko kasi parang nabighani ako sa plaisir. help po!

Bighorn Plaisir
    - all stock ( i really love the floor mats! hehe)
    - stock color (green and dark gray fenders)
    - a/t
    - still need to be detailed/buffed
    - mas modern look kesa bighorn lotus
    - first owner kami d2 sa pinas

Bighorn Lotus
    - Loaded (stereo, american racing mags, pirelli big tires)
    - setup sounds
    - m/t
    - custom color (dark marron color and beige fenders)
    - from 550k na nageotiate namin to 520K

i really need some opinions on the bighorn owners. thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    salamat po sa mga nag reply. actually na bighani lang talaga ako sa plaisir. im not new with cars but im new with isuzu. i dont think i can find some local trooper here in our place with this budget but ill keep looking. just for clarification, ung injector at transmission problems ng local troopers ay always common ba at dapat mo nalang epasok sa isip mo na dadating ka din sa ganyang problema? i just need to know the problems of this vehicle. balak ko naman kasi bili pajero 2.8 pero pag sakay ko sa trooper eh ang laki po ng dperensya. feeling ko kakatayin ng trooper ang pajero

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    New Driver,

Meron ako nakikitang 1999 na local trooper sa Manila Bulletin 3weeks in a row na. 570th i'm sure nego siya. Call them tomorrow kung available pa unit. Pupuntahan ko and i will give you an honest opinion of the unit. kung talagang 99 model ito this is a good unit newer look (last look kasi retire na trooper) and a bullet proof, low maintenance, easy to diagnose engine. 4JG2-TC

09185436400 Ramon

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir 4JGtootsie im from cebu mahirap ata gawin ung sinasabi mo. if only someone can check that the unit is in still its best maybe ill go to manila and chek it or maybe ill get it pls tell me your honest thoughts of what you think of the unit

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    New Driver,

I saw two local troopers. The 98model at 498th didnt pass my scrutiny. The 600th local 99trooper is in fact imported and has a 4JX1(maselan/injector failure prone engine) and 24 volts.
    The 570th 99local trooper is sold already.

Ideally the 99 local M/t diesel trooper with an original 4JG2-TC for me is your best buy. It is 4WD, Push button dual, Dual aircon, 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS, Limited Slip Differential, maganda weight distribution and suspension and most of all it is not electronically controlled ergo no computer box. If you can find one with a reasonable price jockpot ka na.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bighorn Plaisir or Bighorn Lotus?Help me decide