New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    changed oil and filter, air filter, spark plugs and caltex gold na but andun pa din yung clicking noise although very very faint. can only be heard pag walang radio and medyo tahimik ang environment sa labas. possible kaya that it has something to do with the cam chain or its parts? everytime kasi na dadalhin sa talyer ayaw lumabas yung ingay. nawawala yung ingay if either diinan or bitawan ang gas pedal.
    i think it's engine ping. ( pre-ignition, or "tope" in the vernacular). it comes out when the engine is challenged (during acceleration or when going up an incline).
    possible causes / solution:
    1. low octane fuel. switch to higher octane fuel. your manual should indicate minimum octane requirement. you might also consider filling up at another gas station for a while..
    2. ignition needs to be adjusted. consult! (note: some cars automatically adjust ignition timing to fit the fuel used.)
    3. dirty cylinders. have 'em cleaned, either manually (open the engine!), or using fuel additives (there's a lot of them in the market, which i personally do not believe in. heh heh..)..
    4. i vaguely remember that too poor a fuel mixture (or too rich, i forget which) favors engine ping. consult!

have this look into soon, as engine ping does engine damage in the long run..

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 3rd, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    ts, subukan mo na lang irecord ang sound at ipost mo dito...

mahirap kasi magimagine ng sound. para bang nakikinig ka ng conversation sa cartoons ng hindi mo pinapanood at iba na tumatakbo sa utak mo (if you get what i mean)...heheheh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Naka-experience na rin ako sa jimny ko dati ng something like a fast ticking sound na lumalakas on acceleration. Caused by a defective idle bearing, it turned out.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think it's engine ping. ( pre-ignition, or "tope" in the vernacular). it comes out when the engine is challenged (during acceleration or when going up an incline).
    possible causes / solution:
    1. low octane fuel. switch to higher octane fuel. your manual should indicate minimum octane requirement. you might also consider filling up at another gas station for a while..
    2. ignition needs to be adjusted. consult! (note: some cars automatically adjust ignition timing to fit the fuel used.)
    3. dirty cylinders. have 'em cleaned, either manually (open the engine!), or using fuel additives (there's a lot of them in the market, which i personally do not believe in. heh heh..)..
    4. i vaguely remember that too poor a fuel mixture (or too rich, i forget which) favors engine ping. consult!

have this look into soon, as engine ping does engine damage in the long run..

good luck.
    thank you sir

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljas View Post
    Naka-experience na rin ako sa jimny ko dati ng something like a fast ticking sound na lumalakas on acceleration. Caused by a defective idle bearing, it turned out.

thank you sir. i'll have this checked too.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga sir is it possible for the cam chain, guide or tensioner to make this type of noise? went to the mechanic kanina. he said na hindi daw tope yung noise since ok naman daw takbo ng car and baka daw dun sa mga parts mentioned. safe naman daw yun and intayin ko na lang na lumakas yung noise before baklasin since matrabaho ang pagpalit ng cam chain sa honda city 04 idsi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Kung nasa gulong or brakes, usually consistent yung sound even if he was coasting in neutral, AFAIK.

Direct ignition na yung IDSI engines so no need to adjust timing (wala nang distributor na magagalaw). Next is to load up on the next grade fuel and check your spark plugs. Try also another gas station and fuel brand. In my case, my friend's 2011 City 1.3L was getting a bad case of tope using Petron unleaded (91 octane); she she switched to Shell Fuel Save and the tope went away. I also had the same problem with my Altis on Petron XCS, may tope na lumalabas in the last few months under certain driving conditions. I'm now using Shell Nitro+ and the tope issue went away.
    Guys, same problem sakin my clicking sound during accelerating pero pag 60kmph na wala na i'm using Petron unleaded then sabi sakin sa casa change ko raw to Shell unleaded ayun nawala sya.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Had the same problem on my vios and was able to clarify with the tech and advisor. Check niyo lang kasi sabi ni SA sa akin catalyst daw un pinipurge ung carbon. Kasi ang catalyst g vios halos nasalikod ng vios.

Try to inquire din baka same location ng catalyst ng vios sa city or any other car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfox View Post
    Guys, same problem sakin my clicking sound during accelerating pero pag 60kmph na wala na i'm using Petron unleaded then sabi sakin sa casa change ko raw to Shell unleaded ayun nawala sya.
    sir, did you feel any difference while driving your car nung may tope? sa akin kasi ok naman in terms of gas consumption (around 10-12 km/l), acceleration and going uphill except for that clicking sound.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    Had the same problem on my vios and was able to clarify with the tech and advisor. Check niyo lang kasi sabi ni SA sa akin catalyst daw un pinipurge ung carbon. Kasi ang catalyst g vios halos nasalikod ng vios.

Try to inquire din baka same location ng catalyst ng vios sa city or any other car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

sir, bali normal daw yun as per the SA? yung cat converter kasi ng city ko is medyo nasa middle part but yung clicking noise is from the lower front area.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ticking/Clicking Noise When Accelerating