New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    may naka experience na ba ng ganitong noise. when driving and the gas pedal is pressed there's a faint clicking or ticking noise. i'm not sure lang kung engine related. no noise when parked in neutral or when i try to rev the engine in neutral. no noise din if coasting in neutral. only happens when in gear from 2nd onwards. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang pebbles in a can? Could be detonation or "tope". What car? What fuel do you use? When was the last tune-up? What is your ignition timing setting?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    may naka experience na ba ng ganitong noise. when driving and the gas pedal is pressed there's a faint clicking or ticking noise. i'm not sure lang kung engine related. no noise when parked in neutral or when i try to rev the engine in neutral. no noise din if coasting in neutral. only happens when in gear from 2nd onwards. thanks!
    check mo gulong mo. baka may nakasingit lang na maliliit na bato dun sa mga treads.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Parang pebbles in a can? Could be detonation or "tope". What car? What fuel do you use? When was the last tune-up? What is your ignition timing setting?
    para syang metallic clicking/ticking. car is honda city 04 MT unleaded fuel. last tune up was 6 mos ago. sorry i'm not familiar sa ignition timing. sir pano yung tope?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to test kung ignition timing o tope, try to load up on the next higher variant of octane of fuel.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    check mo gulong mo. baka may nakasingit lang na maliliit na bato dun sa mga treads.
    sige sir inspect ko later

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    to test kung ignition timing o tope, try to load up on the next higher variant of octane of fuel.
    try ko to next time. half tank pa kasi sya

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    Kung nasa gulong or brakes, usually consistent yung sound even if he was coasting in neutral, AFAIK.

Direct ignition na yung IDSI engines so no need to adjust timing (wala nang distributor na magagalaw). Next is to load up on the next grade fuel and check your spark plugs. Try also another gas station and fuel brand. In my case, my friend's 2011 City 1.3L was getting a bad case of tope using Petron unleaded (91 octane); she she switched to Shell Fuel Save and the tope went away. I also had the same problem with my Altis on Petron XCS, may tope na lumalabas in the last few months under certain driving conditions. I'm now using Shell Nitro+ and the tope issue went away.
    Last edited by vinj; November 18th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Kung nasa gulong or brakes, usually consistent yung sound even if he was coasting in neutral, AFAIK.

Direct ignition na yung IDSI engines so no need to adjust timing (wala nang distributor na magagalaw). Next is to load up on the next grade fuel and check your spark plugs. Try also another gas station and fuel brand. In my case, my friend's 2011 City 1.3L was getting a bad case of tope using Petron unleaded (91 octane); she she switched to Shell Fuel Save and the tope went away. I also had the same problem with my Altis on Petron XCS, may tope na lumalabas in the last few months under certain driving conditions. I'm now using Shell Nitro+ and the tope issue went away.
    i'll try this. hopefully mag work

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    saw this sa youtube. similar noise: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0cH_vRABg]What Does Engine Pinging / Detonation Sound Like - YouTube[/ame]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ticking/Clicking Noise When Accelerating