New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mas ok parin sa radiator ung all copper,sa aluminum kasi lighten siya .pero para sa akin mas ok ang copper madaling i overhaul or buksan.madaling tapalan ng tingga sakali mang mabutas.at once na ipalinis mo ito pag balik parang bago na ulit.kaysa sa mga plastic top na kadalasang nakakabit sa mga bagong sasakyan ngayon,pag dating nung time na magbara na siya at kailangan buksan.pag balik minsan nagkakaroon na siya ng singaw.kasi nga hindi na factory seal ito .isa pa katagalan ng plastic nagkakaroon ng crack or pumuputok ito.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Also di din kailagan magpaka OC sa pag flush ng tubig sa radiator kung wala naman issue in the first place. If you read your manual most coolant lasts for 5 years or 60,000kms as long as tamang coolant ang ginamit mo. Sayang lang effort mo sa frequent palit ng tubig pero mali naman paraan mo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Nabasa ko lang somewhere... Kakainin ng pure distilled water lang yung linings ng radiator sa katagalan.. Forgot ko na kung anong tawag sa type ng corrosion na yun, since water is a solvent unti unti niyang i di disolve yung linings sa loob ng radiator and other surfaces. By adding coolant nababawasan yung effect ng pag corrode ng internals. Meron pa nga sacrificial metal bar na maliit na naka lagay sa radiator cap para siya yung unang kainin ng corrosion at hindi yung lining.
    If water is a solvent, then I nor we should not be drinking water since we are born in this world.

Starmobile Up+

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    If water is a solvent, then I nor we should not be drinking water since we are born in this world.

Starmobile Up+
    Pabasa na lang sir.. Ibang "Solvent" ata yang nasa isip nyo.

Water, the Universal Solvent, USGS Water Science School

Our kidneys and water make a great pair

Our own kidneys and water's solvent properties make a great pair in keeping us alive and healthy. The kidneys are responsible for filtering out substances that enter our bodies from the foods and drinks we consume. But, the kidneys have got to get rid of these substances after they accumulate them. That is where water helps out; being such a great solvent, water washing through the kidneys dissolves these substances and sends them on the way out of our bodies.
    Last edited by jmpet626; July 24th, 2016 at 09:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Starmobile Up+
    Edit: nasabi na pala

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jettp0gi; July 24th, 2016 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Nasabi na pala.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Based on my own experienced, on two previous brand new vehicles that we had owned( both different car manufacturers). Radiator coolant from casas, never will last up to three years. If you intend to retain it for two years or so, in your radiator cooling system, expect to encounter what I had experience, a clogged in an engine cooling system. Even if the manuals says, 60k km is the replacement period. Replace or replenish your coolant every 1 or 1-1/2 year, if radiator coolant you prefer to use in your engine cooling system.

Starmobile Up+

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014

You mention here that water is a solvent, not me. That's is why I questioned YOU, if water is like that, never we, people be drinking it, since our birth.

Starmobile Up+

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Based on my own experienced, on two previous brand new vehicles that we had owned( both different car manufacturers). Radiator coolant from casas, never will last up to three years. If you intend to retain it for two years or so, in your radiator cooling system, expect to encounter what I had experience, a clogged in an engine cooling system. Even if the manuals says, 60k km is the replacement period. Replace or replenish your coolant every 1 or 1-1/2 year, if radiator coolant you prefer to use in your engine cooling system.

Starmobile Up+
    Yes, you SHOULD replace coolant at regular intervals. Because the corrosion and scale inhibitors do not last forever.

But those inhibitors DO protect your cooling system from the effects of water, which are more pronounced if you use pure water.

You mention here that water is a solvent, not me. That's is why I questioned YOU, if water is like that, never we, people be drinking it, since our birth.

Starmobile Up+
    We breathe corrosive gases (oxygen) every day. We drink and eat (fruit/meat/vegetable) acids that would rot your teeth if you didn't have saliva. To ask why we drink a solvent simply shows a misunderstanding of body chemistry.

Water is a universal solvent. It leaches minerals and will eventually eat its way through an iron block or an aluminum radiator. Older copper radiators took longer to corrode, but only because they used thicker tube walls... which won't fly in today's cars, which rely on the better cooling afforded by thin-walled aluminum radiators.

Even worse, pure distilled water will boil more easily, and without the protective coating of coolant, you can get cavitation bubbles with pure water that will eat through the water pump impeller or the water jackets lining the cylinder walls... in some cases, on modern diesels, this can happen in just a few hundred hours. And these effects will happen whether you change the water regularly or not. To tell someone with a newer car than you to use pure water is dangerously reckless.

-

Pure water isn't the answer. If you want to run nearly pure water, you need an additive such as Redline Water Wetter to forestall cavitation effects inside the engine and to prevent corrosion. Best of both worlds. You get the higher heat capacity of water, while still having the protection of coolant.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Tanong ko lang mga sir. ung tubig ba sa labas kapag umuulan e pwedeng pumasok sa loob ng radiator? pati mga putik?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast