New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    Mine is a 1st Gen Adventure and used to changed coolant every 2 years (average of 20k km per changed) Surprised i was advised by the technician to avoid using coolant and instead to use just distilled water and have a regular monthly flushing daw is enough.
    who wants to flush his radiator monthly?
    use coolant, po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    who wants to flush his radiator monthly?
    use coolant, po.
    +1
    i heard that 'just water only belief' from a mechanic i've chanced once. and never i did came back to him since.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Mines more than 14 years. Cap palang napalitan.. my practice is always 3 parts distilled water to 1 part coolant.. change every 3 change oils.

Although in planning to have it replaced with an aluminum type one. When pocket permits hehe

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeo View Post
    Mines more than 14 years. Cap palang napalitan.. my practice is always 3 parts distilled water to 1 part coolant.. change every 3 change oils.

Although in planning to have it replaced with an aluminum type one. When pocket permits hehe

why aluminum? isn't copper the better choice?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why aluminum? isn't copper the better choice?
    I referred to this link for comparison:

Aluminum VS. Copper-Brass Radiator: Final Thoughts

I had a leaking cap before resulting to minor oveeheating if the radiators not refilled immediately. Had it checked by my trusted radiator repair shop, casa, motorix banawe. Same diagnosis.. cap lang problem.

However, since 14years na daw sasakyan.. palitin nadin daw kinalaunan yung radiator, all were recommending an aluminum type one.. so i researched and yun. 😆

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeo View Post
    I referred to this link for comparison:

Aluminum VS. Copper-Brass Radiator: Final Thoughts

I had a leaking cap before resulting to minor oveeheating if the radiators not refilled immediately. Had it checked by my trusted radiator repair shop, casa, motorix banawe. Same diagnosis.. cap lang problem.

However, since 14years na daw sasakyan.. palitin nadin daw kinalaunan yung radiator, all were recommending an aluminum type one.. so i researched and yun. 😆

interesting.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Reminds me of a guy posting in here about radiators years ago ... he was so "anal" about the topic ..... basta radiators are involved.

Reading his posts was like rocket science!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    Mine is a 1st Gen Adventure and used to changed coolant every 2 years (average of 20k km per changed) Surprised i was advised by the technician to avoid using coolant and instead to use just distilled water and have a regular monthly flushing daw is enough.
    Your technician is good. He knows. I use distilled water too (Absolute or Wilkins), and I only flushed every 6 months ( vehicle use everyday), or for a year (if the vehicle is often use). I always look and check water in a radiator, and also other point to be check inside the engine bay before starting the engine.

Starmobile Up+

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Nabasa ko lang somewhere... Kakainin ng pure distilled water lang yung linings ng radiator sa katagalan.. Forgot ko na kung anong tawag sa type ng corrosion na yun, since water is a solvent unti unti niyang i di disolve yung linings sa loob ng radiator and other surfaces. By adding coolant nababawasan yung effect ng pag corrode ng internals. Meron pa nga sacrificial metal bar na maliit na naka lagay sa radiator cap para siya yung unang kainin ng corrosion at hindi yung lining.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Yung technician na nagsabi na tubig lang ang gamitin sa radiator does not know the function of coolant. Same lang din ng technician na tinatanggal ang thermostat.

Most probably hindi rin nila alam ang ibig sabihin ng PMS, i.e. they only fix a car problem pag andyan na instead of preventing it from actually happening.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast