New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    tanong lang how replacement radiators compare to surplus OEM and brand new OEM.

If for example in a 21 year old car nasira na ang radiator, and unlikely na meron pang bagong OEM. Which would be a better choice, The surplus OEM good condition thats also almost 20+ years old or the replacement made in china/taiwan na brand new?

would the brand new replacement last longer than the surplus OEM because its newer? or mas matibay pa rin talaga ang original na good condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sentra?
    if i remember right, them radiators are locally made.
    but i had already sold my sentra. i can't check and i could be mistaken.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    Tanong ko lang mga sir. ung tubig ba sa labas kapag umuulan e pwedeng pumasok sa loob ng radiator? pati mga putik?
    Not possible no matter how dirty your radiator is.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    Tanong ko lang mga sir. ung tubig ba sa labas kapag umuulan e pwedeng pumasok sa loob ng radiator? pati mga putik?
    Not possible no matter how dirty your radiator is. As long as you maintain it properly no problems will occur. I hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    mga bros ..
    napansin ko lang sa radiator ng altis, bakit bukod sa reservoir, meron pa isang tube pabalik sa radiator hose?
    may silbi ba ito? ang effect ba nya, tipong bago pa mag expel ng coolant papunta ng reservoir, eh papaikutin muna nya ulit sa system?

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    di ko na ma-edit, additional pic ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    di ko na ma-edit, additional pic ..

baka imbes na pa tapon pag nag oover heat. papasok ulit siya sa rad hose

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Its part designation is "Bypass Hose". It's function is not 100% clear to me.

However, if you take a moment to analyze it, it seems that it allows for excess water pressure from the high-side of the radiator (driver side) to dissipate into the low-side (passenger side) of the radiator in situations during high-revs.

Another, more simpler reason would be to allow air pockets/bubbles to escape from the high-side to the radiator neck on the low-side.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    baka imbes na pa tapon pag nag oover heat. papasok ulit siya sa rad hose
    yup ganun na gawa nya bro, but why ..

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Its part designation is "Bypass Hose". It's function is not 100% clear to me.

However, if you take a moment to analyze it, it seems that it allows for excess water pressure from the high-side of the radiator (driver side) to dissipate into the low-side (passenger side) of the radiator in situations during high-revs.

Another, more simpler reason would be to allow air pockets/bubbles to escape from the high-side to the radiator neck on the low-side.
    yan din isa sa naisip ko, last ko naisip ay baka ito yun dapat para sa supposedly heater, kaso wala naman need ng heater sa atin and para makatipid imbis na radiator design ang i-alter ay i-rekta nalang back sa radiator hose? di kasi kita, but that side tube from radiator cap, is actually 2mm (+/-) larger than the one exiting to the reservoir. makes sense ba? O_o

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345