New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Mine is more than a decade old. Is it advisable to replace or repair radiators? What maintenance is required if its still dont have visible leaks, Are there antirust additives that will do? TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    Mine is more than a decade old. Is it advisable to replace or repair radiators? What maintenance is required if its still dont have visible leaks, Are there antirust additives that will do? TIA
    Just make sure to have it flushed regularly, together when you do a tune-up. If your radiator's top part is made of plastic, there is a good chance it will develop cracks on the part where the plastic cover is welded into the metal top. If that happens and you're stuck in traffic, be prepared to deal with an overheating engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Most manufacturers recommend you have the cooling system pressure checked when the car has reached five years. Other than that it has a high risk of pressure leak and overheating. Never wait for it to have that predictable problem. These are time changed items

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ can any reputable shop do this pressure testing test on our ride's cooling system or only specialized shops can do this?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If still functions well, no leaks or no visible tendency to crack in near future. No need to replace it, maintain it for a while until you find obvious reason to replace it with a new one. What you must worry most is your radiator hoses and bypass hoses. Radiator coolant has anti rust and corrosion inhibitors aside from anti freeze. Most probably required maintenance is to replace radiator coolant every year. Or read your owners manual the required interval in replacing your radiator coolant.

SM-Up+

6. Join Date
    Jun 2016

gumamit ng coolant , kapag kasi tubig lang nag kakaroon ng coroosion ang mga aluminum passageways ng makina.
    basta mag complete flush lang kapang ang coolant maitim na ang kulay

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Update : Have my old radiator overhauled which took more than 2 hours. Surprised that even if filled with anti coolant and flushing rust builds up overnight. Labor cost * P950 ( Haggled to P800) p_20160702_132524.jpg

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update : Have my old radiator overhauled which took more than 2 hours. Surprised that even if filled with anti coolant and flushing rust builds up overnight. Labor cost * P950 ( Haggled to P800) p_20160702_132524.jpg
    How old is the vehicle and how often do you change your coolant?

Had the same thing with our LC80 radiator before. That's why i make it a point to change coolant more often (at least every 40,000kms).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Mine is a 1st Gen Adventure and used to changed coolant every 2 years (average of 20k km per changed) Surprised i was advised by the technician to avoid using coolant and instead to use just distilled water and have a regular monthly flushing daw is enough.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mine is a 1st Gen Adventure and used to changed coolant every 2 years (average of 20k km per changed) Surprised i was advised by the technician to avoid using coolant and instead to use just distilled water and have a regular monthly flushing daw is enough.
    Hanap ka na ng ibang technician.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast